User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I just want to throw in here that if you're prone to looking at your phone or watching a computer screen in some capacity in the hours before your sleep, there are two programs that I use that can help massively. The first is Flux for Windows and the second is Twilight on Android. Both will lower the levels of blue light coming off the screen after the sun goes down. It really helps me from getting headaches with college work late night and they have definitely both improved me sleep earlier. Also can't say enough good about the above mentioned breathing.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Aflac's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “I believe this is directly related to allopregnenolone levels. I would just never get that comfortable drowsy drug like feeling that washes over normal people when they get tired. I was either awake or in a semi state of unrefreshing sleep.
    It was such a relief the first time I finally got that tired comfortable drowsy feeling. A big smile came across my face because I knew I was going to finally start getting some good sleep.”
    --------------------------------
    THIS is absent for me as well. I feel like my whole life is on hold just waiting for that moment I get the drowsy feeling back / actually feel the pressure and need to sleep. Obviously I don’t actually know if things would all click into place if that feeling came back, but that’s how I like to imagine it.

-This moment of the comfortable drowsy feeling, how long after you crashed was it until you got that moment?
    -How long into your protocol were you when that moment occurred?

Sorry to be focusing on timelines, but if you could know how much I dream (day dream of course) of the day when I get that sleepy feeling back and the deep sleep that would hopefully follow it. It’s been 11 months missing it.

Also, the allopreg theory is interesting. I want to try it. Did you try 5-alpha DHP? Would you consider that safer than pharma drugs? I’ve avoided all the drugs doctors like to offer when people mention severe sleep problems. I know the 5-alpha DHP isn’t a pharma drug, but it makes me pause. I know I read somewhere that you used allopreg directly in another product. It almost seems too easy for that to be the solution for the lack of sleep pressure, but I do wonder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the distracting yourself and the blue light suggestions thanks for those. I have the glasses too and they definitely help with sleep initiation. But once I’m out / lost consciousness I feel like the quality of the zzz’s is really not under my control.

I will start the program but it will not be immediate due to work and school obligations. But I will transition into the full program and update any progress when that happens. I’m really messed up compared to how I used to operate so if I can return to some state of health it will be more strong evidence that this method works. Thanks for the communication and suggestions.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aflac View Post
    “I believe this is directly related to allopregnenolone levels. I would just never get that comfortable drowsy drug like feeling that washes over normal people when they get tired. I was either awake or in a semi state of unrefreshing sleep.
    It was such a relief the first time I finally got that tired comfortable drowsy feeling. A big smile came across my face because I knew I was going to finally start getting some good sleep.”
    --------------------------------
    THIS is absent for me as well. I feel like my whole life is on hold just waiting for that moment I get the drowsy feeling back / actually feel the pressure and need to sleep. Obviously I don’t actually know if things would all click into place if that feeling came back, but that’s how I like to imagine it.

-This moment of the comfortable drowsy feeling, how long after you crashed was it until you got that moment?
    -How long into your protocol were you when that moment occurred?

Sorry to be focusing on timelines, but if you could know how much I dream (day dream of course) of the day when I get that sleepy feeling back and the deep sleep that would hopefully follow it. It’s been 11 months missing it.

Also, the allopreg theory is interesting. I want to try it. Did you try 5-alpha DHP? Would you consider that safer than pharma drugs? I’ve avoided all the drugs doctors like to offer when people mention severe sleep problems. I know the 5-alpha DHP isn’t a pharma drug, but it makes me pause. I know I read somewhere that you used allopreg directly in another product. It almost seems too easy for that to be the solution for the lack of sleep pressure, but I do wonder.
    The only thing here I can tell you is that I remember getting it for the first time in years after my first water fast. It stayed around for the most part after that.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glycine has a dose dependent response especially in terms of the allopreg boost. This was shown in studies up to 15 grams or so taken in all one dose.

So, try increasing your dose if you haven't already.

Other mental disorders, dosages of 20+ grams were used too.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How to sleep deeper when your brain is now programed with low sleep intensity

Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    Glycine has a dose dependent response especially in terms of the allopreg boost. This was shown in studies up to 15 grams or so taken in all one dose.

Great to know Tubbs... Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post

Thanks for the suggestion. I was only taking about 3 grams at once. I will give the higher dose glycine a shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    The only thing here I can tell you is that I remember getting it for the first time in years after my first water fast. It stayed around for the most part after that.
    Interesting to know that the fast preceded the return of your sleepiness somewhat; thank you for sharing that.

I did 72 hours water fast about 6 months ago, but I wasn't on vacation, just going about my normal life and obligations minus the food. That didn't feel to good. I understood that wasn't ideal, but I didn't have time off and was curious/desperate to try the fast after reading about it's effects on immune system.

I'll have to wait for a block of time off to give the extended water fast a go. Until then I'll have to just go with the protocol minus the fast. Definitely can manage the juice feast

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aflac View Post
    Interesting to know that the fast preceded the return of your sleepiness somewhat; thank you for sharing that.

I did 72 hours water fast about 6 months ago, but I wasn't on vacation, just going about my normal life and obligations minus the food. That didn't feel to good. I understood that wasn't ideal, but I didn't have time off and was curious/desperate to try the fast after reading about it's effects on immune system.

I'll have to wait for a block of time off to give the extended water fast a go. Until then I'll have to just go with the protocol minus the fast. Definitely can manage the juice feast
    If you can't dedicate two weeks of water fasting at a clinic, then get on the juice feast. Unlike a water fast, you can go about your day with out TOO much discomfort. Although in the very beginning you may be light headed and have body temperature issues, these will pass as your system adjusts.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Aflac,

any update? How are you doing now man? I think we'd all love to hear from you on your current recovery status