User Tag List

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by petty3112 View Post
    Good to hear, Mal. I've started doing those stretches from the YouTube link you posted, and I'm hoping they help. I really believe that, in addition to the litany of other issues, the stress and trauma induced by PFS also causes substantial pelvic floor issues, which manifests itself in some of the libido and penile changes that many on this forum experience (myself included).
    I really recommend seeking out a pelvic floor PT as well. Mine has been incredibly helpful, and even without the benefit of insurance surprisingly affordable (125 per session) for the progress I'm making.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mal View Post
    I really recommend seeking out a pelvic floor PT as well. Mine has been incredibly helpful, and even without the benefit of insurance surprisingly affordable (125 per session) for the progress I'm making.
    Do you recommend it for guys who are still having upswings and downswings? And would we try to explain PFS to the pelvic floor therapist, or just explain the symptoms and see if they can help? I do have a feeling that I have pelvic floor issues, since after I urinate sometimes I temporarily get an hourglass shape.

I have a whole bunch of pelvic floor physical therapists near me that take my insurance, so I think it’s maybe $20 per session. Some brief online searching said that they do two sessions per week for 8 to 12 weeks as well as exercises to do at home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    Do you recommend it for guys who are still having upswings and downswings? And would we try to explain PFS to the pelvic floor therapist, or just explain the symptoms and see if they can help? I do have a feeling that I have pelvic floor issues, since after I urinate sometimes I temporarily get an hourglass shape.

I have a whole bunch of pelvic floor physical therapists near me that take my insurance, so I think it’s maybe $20 per session. Some brief online searching said that they do two sessions per week for 8 to 12 weeks as well as exercises to do at home.
    I would totally recommend it for that stage. I was in so much pain over all this bullshit, and I learned from my PT it was because the stress was causing me to clench and breathe wrong.

I've relearning to breath through my belly not just doing Wim Hof, but all the time. I'm also identifying when I'm clenching and working on reverse kegels to counteract them. I also found out my inner thighs were tight as fuck, and when she massaged them my libido went up later that day.

I'm still doing work, but holy shit I wish I had known about this a long time ago. I could have been spared so much pain and worry I had cancer.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would totally recommend it for that stage. I was in so much pain over all this bullshit, and I learned from my PT it was because the stress was causing me to clench and breathe wrong.

I've relearning to breath through my belly not just doing Wim Hof, but all the time. I'm also identifying when I'm clenching and working on reverse kegels to counteract them. I also found out my inner thighs were tight as fuck, and when she massaged them my libido went up later that day.

I'm still doing work, but holy shit I wish I had known about this a long time ago. I could have been spared so much pain and worry I had cancer.
    Interesting. I've never needed it, but if it helps.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mal, really interesting stuff.

I just went to see a PT and he told me I was breathing wrong too, and that my sternum was really really tensed. He said it pulls on my neck muscles, which puts pressure on my eustachian tube, which could cause tinnitus and sound sensitivity.

Anyway, he gave me an exercise to do so I'm sharing here in case it helps some guys:

You lie down in bed, put one hand on your bellybutton and one hand on your pelvic bone. You breath through your stomach (so a hand on your sternum would barely move), so that both hands raise. You then exhale in a way that only lowers the bellybutton hand, and keeps the pelvic hand up. Then you empty your air to lower the pelvic hand. Repeat 25x morning and night.

He said this will also help my pelvic floor, which he suspects I have problems with. I had similar problems 2 years ago for a month or two, so it's not too far fetched. He said this exercise should help loosen everything in pelvic area and neck

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Hey Mal, really interesting stuff.

I just went to see a PT and he told me I was breathing wrong too, and that my sternum was really really tensed. He said it pulls on my neck muscles, which puts pressure on my eustachian tube, which could cause tinnitus and sound sensitivity.

Anyway, he gave me an exercise to do so I'm sharing here in case it helps some guys:

You lie down in bed, put one hand on your bellybutton and one hand on your pelvic bone. You breath through your stomach (so a hand on your sternum would barely move), so that both hands raise. You then exhale in a way that only lowers the bellybutton hand, and keeps the pelvic hand up. Then you empty your air to lower the pelvic hand. Repeat 25x morning and night.

He said this will also help my pelvic floor, which he suspects I have problems with. I had similar problems 2 years ago for a month or two, so it's not too far fetched. He said this exercise should help loosen everything in pelvic area and neck
    Yes....breathing with your diaphragm......
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Mal, how are the pelvic floor exercises going? Are you still seeing results?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by petty3112 View Post
    Hey Mal, how are the pelvic floor exercises going? Are you still seeing results?
    Hey dude. I'm doing great! Exercises really helped and I've worked them into my pre-work out stretches that I do a few times a week. I also did a tribulus cycle or two to right the ship and my libido is almost back to 100%. As of right now, I'd say any lingering PFS symptoms or PFS-like symptoms are totally gone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey dude. I'm doing great! Exercises really helped and I've worked them into my pre-work out stretches that I do a few times a week. I also did a tribulus cycle or two to right the ship and my libido is almost back to 100%. As of right now, I'd say any lingering PFS symptoms or PFS-like symptoms are totally gone.
    Hello, could you explain what your tribulus cycle looked like? Brand of tribulus, dosage per day, duration of cycle, things you stopped or did differently while taking it, etc.?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    Hello, could you explain what your tribulus cycle looked like? Brand of tribulus, dosage per day, duration of cycle, things you stopped or did differently while taking it, etc.?
    Basically followed this (sorry to link to PH. It's a trash site, but the OG post here is good):

Update: still completely recovered, raging libido for the last four years - Therapeutic Efforts - propeciahelp.com

Took this:

Amazon.com: Tribulus Terrestris Extract - 40% Protodioscin 90% Total Saponins - 60 500mg VegiCaps - Stearate Free! : Health Household

Keep in mind I was almost completely recovered when I did it.
    Last edited by Master Mal; 02-10-2022 at 01:42 PM.