User Tag List

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been saying this for a while. Addressing your pelvic floor is part of the recovery

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You think your pelvic floor is the cause of your low libido? Or is it something else

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPE View Post
    You think your pelvic floor is the cause of your low libido? Or is it something else
    My libido has definitely done up lately. So I imagine it didn't help! Could have been a blood flow issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mal View Post
    My libido has definitely done up lately. So I imagine it didn't help! Could have been a blood flow issue.
    Just want to thank you Mal! One of my most stubborn symptoms is shrinkage and classic pelvic dysfunction issues. I’ve always thought it’s strictly PFS but like you I’m NOW pretty convinced it’s Hard Flaccid/CPPS caused by the trauma and stress of PFS.

It’s so much less daunting knowing that and it’s totally fixable. I’ve already started the stretches in the video you shared. It’s unbelievable how tight I am. I’ll likely see a pelvic PT for further assistance. This and libido are the only symptoms that haven’t fell into the mild category yet so this is a huge find for me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Just want to thank you Mal! One of my most stubborn symptoms is shrinkage and classic pelvic dysfunction issues. I’ve always thought it’s strictly PFS but like you I’m NOW pretty convinced it’s Hard Flaccid/CPPS caused by the trauma and stress of PFS.

It’s so much less daunting knowing that and it’s totally fixable. I’ve already started the stretches in the video you shared. It’s unbelievable how tight I am. I’ll likely see a pelvic PT for further assistance. This and libido are the only symptoms that haven’t fell into the mild category yet so this is a huge find for me
    I've made a huge improvement in just a week. I've also been taking Bee Pollen and Quercetin + Bromelain. I'm seeing a Pelvic Floor PT on Tuesday just to see what I can be doing even better, but it's really just a precaution. It's been night and day since I started.

Really hope this helps, buddy. I 100% believe these stretches should become part of the protocol.
    Last edited by Master Mal; 09-09-2021 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mal View Post
    I've made a huge improvement in just a week. I've also been taking Bee Pollen and Quercetin + Bromelain. I'm seeing a Pelvic Floor PT on Tuesday just to see what I can be doing even better, but it's really just a precaution. It's been night and day since I started.

Really hope this helps, buddy. I 100% believe these stretches should become part of the protocol.
    Do you think it’s still safe to do squats, deadlifts and sprints while fighting the pelvic issues? That’s my only concern. They’ve helped me a ton with PFS symptoms.

Also, I won’t be surprised if you’re libido fully recovers once you get the pelvic issues squared away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Do you think it’s still safe to do squats, deadlifts and sprints while fighting the pelvic issues? That’s my only concern. They’ve helped me a ton with PFS symptoms.

Also, I won’t be surprised if you’re libido fully recovers once you get the pelvic issues squared away.
    If you do have CPPS, you might want to cool it a little with those exercises just a tad. Concentrate on stretching and maybe see a PT to confirm what the deal down there is. Once your muscles are less tense I imagine your weights during those exercises will increase as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a great meeting with a physical therapist. As I suspected, my pelvic muscles were totally fucked but the good news is that's very fixable.

Turns out I've been breathing wrong for a long time (ie, not into my stomach) and I've been clenching a lot when I was stressed, which caused my muscles to become inflamed and basically squeeze the shit out of everything downstairs, including nerves, glands, and organs. It makes perfect sense, as the feeling always came up when I crashed or when things got really stressful.

I've been working on holding myself differently and breathing properly, and I'm already feeling positive results. The pain is subsiding, my workouts are more productive, and my ED is (slowly) subsiding. It's going to take more work, but I'm glad after all this time I've figured out what to do.

So, yeah. A word to everyone - when you crash or get stressed it's important to keep it together and develop positive coping mechanisms. You never know how your muscles will internalize something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had my second PT visit yesterday. Pain is much more diminished and my libido is going back up. Still have some ED, but I have a feeling that will get better too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear, Mal. I've started doing those stretches from the YouTube link you posted, and I'm hoping they help. I really believe that, in addition to the litany of other issues, the stress and trauma induced by PFS also causes substantial pelvic floor issues, which manifests itself in some of the libido and penile changes that many on this forum experience (myself included).