Hybrid View

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Differences between R-DHEA and Super Epi DHEA

Hello Nostrum.

So I was hoping you can differentiate between these two compounds for me and others on the board who may need clarification.

They both convert to DHT, but there are obvious chemical differences between them.

Do they convert to different types of DHT?

I'm not 100% clear on what the differences are, but there are apparent differences in function and "feel"

Thanks!
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume the R-DHEA is the alpha isomer and super-Epi-DHEA is the beta isomer.

The beta isomer tends to promote energy and aggression whereas the alpha gives a calm feeling.

I think the hormones you've mentioned have esters attached, but that won't make a huge difference... Once you're body cleaves the esters the only difference between the two hormones is the positioning of the 3-OH. The two different positions alpha vs beta cause the differences in feel. However, regardless of the a vs b position the 3-OH will metabolize into a 3-ketone. Once this happens they both turn into exactly the same molecule: androstan-dione there are no isomers of that hormone molecule. Androstan-dione then metabolizes into DHT.

There aren't different kinds of DHT ... naturally...

DHT is the 17-beta alcohol isomer. Technically it's possible to have a 17-alpha isomer but it's very difficult to synthesize 17a-hydroxyls due to other features of the androgen skeleton.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostrum420 View Post
    I assume the R-DHEA is the alpha isomer and super-Epi-DHEA is the beta isomer.

The beta isomer tends to promote energy and aggression whereas the alpha gives a calm feeling.

I think the hormones you've mentioned have esters attached, but that won't make a huge difference... Once you're body cleaves the esters the only difference between the two hormones is the positioning of the 3-OH. The two different positions alpha vs beta cause the differences in feel. However, regardless of the a vs b position the 3-OH will metabolize into a 3-ketone. Once this happens they both turn into exactly the same molecule: androstan-dione there are no isomers of that hormone molecule. Androstan-dione then metabolizes into DHT.

There aren't different kinds of DHT ... naturally...

DHT is the 17-beta alcohol isomer. Technically it's possible to have a 17-alpha isomer but it's very difficult to synthesize 17a-hydroxyls due to other features of the androgen skeleton.
    Well damn...aren't you handy to have around....lol.

It seems have you been extremely under utilized over here?

Okay, so then regardless of the isomer, the end result is DHT, but differences in the isomer account for the different feel of the hormone. So then actually does that mean that the hormone is being utilized before it turns into DHT because of the feelings given by the different isomers? Because if we would just feel the end result, or the target hormone, then we would just be feeling DHT, not the differences caused by the alpha or beta isomer, correct?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Well damn...aren't you handy to have around....lol.

It seems have you been extremely under utilized over here?

Okay, so then regardless of the isomer, the end result is DHT, but differences in the isomer account for the different feel of the hormone. So then actually does that mean that the hormone is being utilized before it turns into DHT because of the feelings given by the different isomers? Because if we would just feel the end result, or the target hormone, then we would just be feeling DHT, not the differences caused by the alpha or beta isomer, correct?
    Essentially, yes, there is some binding to androgen receptors in the brain by the unconverted hormones.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostrum420 View Post
    Essentially, yes, there is some binding to androgen receptors in the brain by the unconverted hormones.
    Okay....that makes perfect sense as there would be no other way for those difference to be felt otherwise.

I'm now curious as to what happens to them after they bind and illicit their effects in the cells? Do they then get used again as they continue on the chain of transformation? Or once it's bound, it's used as is and then that's it?
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 03-21-2017 at 09:07 AM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Strong_Guy_'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good discussion here. The two stacked is great for me, that's what I'm currently doing, best of both worlds. Epiandro (b-isomer) alone and I can get a bit too aggressive and have a short fuse, especially at higher dosages. Androsterone balances it out well though. I feel like I get more of a strength boost too with the a-isomer.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm finding that out myself right now. Thing is, I was never able to tolerate epi in oral form. Made me feel like complete shit...lethargic, moody, no libido...the exact opposite of what it was supposed to do.

Rob sent me some Stano TD to run, and I'm actually enjoying it! I'm stacking it with R andro, which I love. The two together just give me a more balanced feel, is the best way I can put it.

I'm surprised there is such a difference between oral and transdermal administration of the compound, but there most certainly is. With this new found knowledge, it makes me want to give the new transdermal androhard a go.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 bighulksmash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome point nuts .Nostrum definitely knows his stuff!!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been talking to haidut on and off about epi andro. I'll just copy/paste his response.

"Epiandrosterone is the 5b-isomer of androsterone. The 5b isomers are typically much weaker than the 5a ones and often are more estrogenic too. In the case of epiandrosterone, it is an actual agonist of the estrogen receptor beta, and is a very weak aromatase inhibitor compared to androsterone. It is also a much weaker agonist of the androgen receptor. Finally, the studies that used both epiandrosterone and androsterone to test their metabolism showed that androsterone readily converts into DHT, 5a-androstanedione, and epiandrosterone while epiandrosterone only converted to androstanediol and 5b-androstanedione but no DHT.
    TLDR: epiandrosterone compares to androsterone similar to how how 5b-DHT compares to 5a-DHT. The latter is the real deal, the formed is a weaker metabolite. The 5a-steroids is where it's at for men and androsterone is a 5a-steroid while epiandrosterone is a 5b-steroid."

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    I have been talking to haidut on and off about epi andro. I'll just copy/paste his response.

"Epiandrosterone is the 5b-isomer of androsterone. The 5b isomers are typically much weaker than the 5a ones and often are more estrogenic too. In the case of epiandrosterone, it is an actual agonist of the estrogen receptor beta, and is a very weak aromatase inhibitor compared to androsterone. It is also a much weaker agonist of the androgen receptor. Finally, the studies that used both epiandrosterone and androsterone to test their metabolism showed that androsterone readily converts into DHT, 5a-androstanedione, and epiandrosterone while epiandrosterone only converted to androstanediol and 5b-androstanedione but no DHT.
    TLDR: epiandrosterone compares to androsterone similar to how how 5b-DHT compares to 5a-DHT. The latter is the real deal, the formed is a weaker metabolite. The 5a-steroids is where it's at for men and androsterone is a 5a-steroid while epiandrosterone is a 5b-steroid."
    Well you through me for a loop with that one Tubz. How can any DHT precursor be estrogenic when the target hormone is DHT, which by all means, is ANTI estrogenic? I've never heard of this before?