User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'll be be back

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Durantia37's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, low FODMAP isn't something you'd want to do permanently, it's more of a way to get a break from sympoms of GI distress. Of course, and CD will say this if he sees your question, water fasting and juicing are the fastest and most effective way to do the same thing.

I was just reading an article on these exact issues and questions, I'll find it and link it.

As far as fats go, you're ultimately going to need cholesterol for testosterone and every other hormone. They certainly shouldn't present any digestive issues for a healthy gut, which water fasting and juice feasting for long periods help create. I'm no expert, but I will say, if nothing else, be careful with coconut oil for awhile if you have serious dysbiosis. It's antifungal properties can cause die-off just like any other probiotic.

Unfortunately, the best and only thing you can ultimately do is slowly, carefully experiment with your own system, research every day, draw connections, and, #1 in importance, listen to your body/intuition. Let me find that article.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantia37 View Post
    Ah yes, I've read this I think, and lots of stuff from Chris.
    Yeah I agree it's lots of trial and error, and starting very slowly, especially with prebiotics, prebiotics and antibiotics/antifungals.

Note: I completed a 17 day juice fast over a month ago.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also benefitted from taking two tablespoons of great lakes gelatin before bed. Good for sleep and the gut. Also, glutamine, obviously, at way higher doses than recommended and on an empty stomach. You might already know these things. Consider researching colostrum as well. Now Super Enzymes helped me tremendously. There's a scatter shot of random advice lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also benefitted from taking two tablespoons of great lakes gelatin before bed. Good for sleep and the gut. Also, glutamine, obviously, at way higher doses than recommended and on an empty stomach. You might already know these things. Consider researching colostrum as well. Now Super Enzymes helped me tremendously. There's a scatter shot of random advice lol.
    I take glutamine daily, nothing higher than the recommended dosage however, to keep the cost down, is it important to take on empty stomach?
    I drink bone broth daily
    which I guess is full of gelatin and my digestive enzymes arrive soon, I chose source naturals ultra.
    I heard of colostrum, decided against it and got slippery elm instead, not sure why.

Not sure which natural antibiotics brand to use between Apex, Thorne, Pure encapulations, Innate Response and canxida. They all seem good. Any opinion?

Final thing, are you self treating your gut or seeing a nutritionist etc for tests? So you know if you have Sibo, candida or what.
    Thanks man

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same, gelatin is the shit. Been taking for a while now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's optimal to take glutamine on an empty stomach, as it repairs gut lining. It's not just optimal but completely necessary to take much more than the recommended dose (for gut purposes). You should be doing about 10g/day. I think it recommends like...2g. Lol.

I'm self treating everything, and I've never gotten blood tests or anything. I'm really averse to doctors of any kind for some reason.

I can't vouch for any other enzymes, but Now Super Enzymes worked like magic and were maybe 20 bucks at the store.

I've never made bone broth, so can't comment, but two spoons of gelatin before bed knocks me out like instantly.

I haven't done any antibiotics or antifungals yet, other than oregano oil and coconut oil, both on accident. I've been herxing so much I need a break.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's optimal to take glutamine on an empty stomach, as it repairs gut lining. It's not just optimal but completely necessary to take much more than the recommended dose (for gut purposes). You should be doing about 10g/day. I think it recommends like...2g. Lol.

I'm self treating everything, and I've never gotten blood tests or anything. I'm really averse to doctors of any kind for some reason.

I can't vouch for any other enzymes, but Now Super Enzymes worked like magic and were maybe 20 bucks at the store.

I've never made bone broth, so can't comment, but two spoons of gelatin before bed knocks me out like instantly.

I haven't done any antibiotics or antifungals yet, other than oregano oil and coconut oil, both on accident. I've been herxing so much I need a break.
    Herxing.....lol.

I haven't heard that term used since my Lyme's disease days.

Ahhhh....the herx reaction....so much misery.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Herxing.....lol.

I haven't heard that term used since my Lyme's disease days.

Ahhhh....the herx reaction....so much misery.
    Must be difficult to differentiate from herx to a general pfs setback, right?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'll be be back

Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    Must be difficult to differentiate from herx to a general pfs setback, right?
    For me, no. I dealt with Lyme's disease way before I ever dealt with PFS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"