User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caffeine increases progesterone, pregnenolone, T, DHT, allopreg, 5AR in brain

Hi,

I would like to share a pretty cool study with you regarding caffeine, 5AR, DHT, T, allopreg, progesterone and pregnenolone all in the brain.

Caffeine-induced increases in the brain and plasma concentrations of neuroactive steroids in the rat. - PubMed - NCBI

From the full study:

"...The injection of caffeine (25 to 100 mg/kg IP) resulted in dose-dependent increases in the cerebral cortical concentrations of pregnenolone, progesterone, and allopregnanolone that were apparent after 30 min (Fig. 1). The effects of caffeine on the cortical concentrations of these three steroids were already significant (72, 90, and 47%, respectively) at the dose of 25 mg/kg, with the greatest observed effects (188, 388, and 71%, respectively) apparent at the dose of 100 mg/kg."

So, at the highest dose, which translates to about 1,200mg of caffeine for a human (single/bolus dose), levels of pregnenolone almost tripled, levels of progesterone almost quadrupled, and allopregnanolone almost doubled.

Original thread: https://raypeatforum.com/community/t...he-brain.3583/

The dose is big but you can work your way up higher or even to lower and use things like GABA agonists like niacinamide and herbs or even aspirin to counteract any of the stress response from the caffeine along with being properly fueled. I originally came across this because I was using topical caffeine on my head and face for hair and skin benefits but I also felt much better after applying it even mentally.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I didn't even know there was such a thing as topical caffeine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I didn't even know there was such a thing as topical caffeine

There isn't. I make my own with niacinamide and aspirin in a water and alcohol solution (or a product called solban, but I make mine much more potent). Makes my skin and hair very nice.

Differential effects of caffeine on hair shaft elongation, matrix and outer root sheath keratinocyte proliferation, and transforming growth factormediated regulation of the hair cycle in male and female human hair follicles in vitro - Fischer - 2014 - British Journal of Dermatology - Wiley Online Library
    Caffeine In Coffee Can Cure Baldness, Research Suggested : News : Parent Herald
    Caffeine's mechanisms of action and its cosmetic use. - PubMed - NCBI
    Skin photoprotection and consumption of coffee and polyphenols in healthy middle-aged Japanese females. - PubMed - NCBI
    Regular coffee drinking may block the worst skin cancer, a study shows - The Washington Post
    The effect of topically applied aspirin on localized circumscribed neurodermatitis. - PubMed - NCBI
    Topical treatment of cutaneous herpes simplex virus-1 infection in mice with a specially formulated caffeine gel (Cafon). - PubMed - NCBI
    Effect of caffeine and testosterone on the proliferation of human hair follicles in vitro. - PubMed - NCBI
    Histopathological evaluation of caffeine-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles in efficient treatment of cellulite. - PubMed - NCBI
    Role of Caffeine in the Management of Androgenetic Alopecia
    Pharmacokinetics for topically applied caffeine in the rat. - PubMed - NCBI
    Effectiveness of topical caffeine in cataract prevention: studies with galactose cataract. - PubMed - NCBI
    Evaluation of the efficacy of topical caffeine in the treatment of psoriasis vulgaris. - PubMed - NCBI
    Caffeine inhibits paresthesia induced by herpes simplex virus through action on primary sensory neurons in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

A pilot study evaluating the efficacy of topically applied niacin derivatives for treatment of female pattern alopecia. - PubMed - NCBI
    A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair
    Niacinamide: A B vitamin that improves aging facial skin appearance. - PubMed - NCBI
    Nicotinic acid/niacinamide and the skin. - PubMed - NCBI
    http://dermatologytimes.modernmedici...s-niacin-amide
    Nicotinamide-containing sunscreens for use in Australasian countries and cancer-provoking conditions. - PubMed - NCBI
    Topical nicotinamide modulates cellular energy metabolism and provides broad-spectrum protection against ultraviolet radiation-induced immunosuppre... - PubMed - NCBI
    Ultraviolet A radiation: its role in immunosuppression and carcinogenesis. - PubMed - NCBI
    Nicotinamide enhances repair of ultraviolet radiation-induced DNA damage in primary melanocytes. - PubMed - NCBI
    Nicotinamide reduces photodynamic therapy-induced immunosuppression in humans. - PubMed - NCBI
    Nicotinamide enhances repair of ultraviolet radiation-induced DNA damage in human keratinocytes and ex vivo skin. - PubMed - NCBI
    Nicotinamide downregulates gene expression of interleukin-6, interleukin-10, monocyte chemoattractant protein-1, and tumour necrosis factor-α gene ... - PubMed - NCBI
    Oral and systemic photoprotection. - PubMed - NCBI
    Photoprotective effects of nicotinamide. - PubMed - NCBI
    Nicotinamide prevents ultraviolet radiation-induced cellular energy loss. - PubMed - NCBI
    Oral nicotinamide protects against ultraviolet radiation-induced immunosuppression in humans. - PubMed - NCBI
    UV radiation-induced immunosuppression is greater in men and prevented by topical nicotinamide. - PubMed - NCBI
    [The intervention of nicotinamide on skin melanocyte's cell proliferation after UVA (365 nm) exposed.]. - PubMed - NCBI
    Prevention of photoimmunosuppression and photocarcinogenesis by topical nicotinamide. - PubMed - NCBI
    Effects of nicotinamide on mouse skin tumor development and its mode of action. - PubMed - NCBI
    Nicotinamide and nicotinamide analogues as antitumor promoters in mouse skin. - PubMed - NCBI

Aspirin for the primary prevention of skin cancer: A meta-analysis. - PubMed - NCBI
    Aspirin Linked to Lower Risk of Deadly Skin Cancer - ABC News
    Prostaglandin D2 Inhibits Hair Growth and Is Elevated in Bald Scalp of Men with Androgenetic Alopecia
    Combined patch containing salicylic acid and nicotinamide: role of drug interaction. - PubMed - NCBI
    Design of a transdermal delivery system for aspirin as an antithrombotic drug. - PubMed - NCBI
    Transdermal modification of platelet function. A dermal aspirin preparation selectively inhibits platelet cyclooxygenase and preserves prostacyclin... - PubMed - NCBI
    Topically applied aspirin decreases histamine-induced wheal and flare reactions in normal and SLS-inflamed skin, but does not decrease itch. A rand... - PubMed - NCBI
    Topically applied aspirin rapidly decreases histamine-induced itch. - PubMed - NCBI
    Last edited by TubZy; 04-02-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol... I believe you man. You don't have to post studies for EVERYTHING

Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Lol... I believe you man. You don't have to post studies for EVERYTHING

I want you to learn and not take my word for it

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    I want you to learn and not take my word for it
    Why thank you.....that's nice of you....lol.

But I learn simply by listening to the things people say. If it doesn't make sense to me, then I will go and seek out research material. But for every single thing, it's not necessary.

I know you're a smart dude. So when you post something, I learn just by reading the post, depending upon what it is and if it's not something that I already know.

If we were to get into some type of debate, then I could see where it may be helpful, but for every day run of the mill convo, there is no need my friend. Most of the time I don't need back up references.

I'm a quick study. If I hear something that makes sense to me, intuitively I know that it's true, or correct, or I can see how it would work in my head.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you tend to take caffeine pills or drink coffee to get so much caffeine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its only work until its routine

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This comes as no surprise to me. I always feel my best after taking down my coffee and this was always the case during my whole recovery. I DO NOT miss my coffee, EVER.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    This comes as no surprise to me. I always feel my best after taking down my coffee and this was always the case during my whole recovery. I DO NOT miss my coffee, EVER.
    Same. Even though it doesn't feel great on my gut

Its only work until its routine

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    Same. Even though it doesn't feel great on my gut

Yeah I normally hit the shitter after my morning coffee, but hey, it's a great feeling. I've noticed that if I take my coffee right after taking hormones on cycle, it's almost a euphoric feeling, very similar to dosing coffee with herbs.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.