User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy Metal Toxicity From Tongkat Ali! (NOT FROM LOST EMPIRE)

Heads up, everyone!

I saw this post on Reddit about a guy who has nerve damage from heavy metal toxicity. He obtained the toxicity from Tongkat Ali. Be very very careful where you get your stuff from. This person paid a heavy penny for his stuff, and was still poisoned. I personally haven't touched my Tongkat since reading this post.

CD or anyone else, do you know of who to contact at Lost Empire Herbs so that we can ensure this stuff is safe? From my research, Tongkat Ali is only grown in small parts of Asia. I don't really trust runoff water on those farms and I'm sure that's where the poisoning is coming from.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 11-08-2017 at 09:44 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for sharing. most of lost empire herbs seems to be grade A quality or better.

The suspect herbs are shilajit (grade D) and as you pointed out tongkat (grade C)

Heavy Metals - Lost Empire Herbs

perhaps cuz of this it wouldn't be wise to use shilajit daily?
    Shilajit Heavy Metals Toxicity - Is Shilajit Safe? - Detoxification Properties

10 Heavy Metal Detox Strategies - YouTube
    Last edited by jacknap; 11-04-2017 at 07:32 PM.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive used tongkat ali on rotation for a long number of months, I don’t have nerve damage from it, as many guys here use it on rotation, it’s one guys anecdotal evidence on reddit.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't worry too much about potential toxicity, and tbh from my point of view, if I did take on some toxicity with certain herbs (Which I highly doubt, especially being cycled), I wouldn't give it a second thought no matter the risk if it meant my life was back in full glory :-)

My head space around this thing is if it kills me to feel alive again (ironic) then so be it :-)

Keep hammering!

In the words of Winston Churchill, "keep calm and carry on"

oh and another, Neil Young, "The same thing that makes you live. Can kill you in the end"

Peace and love

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been a major concern of mine and sadly contamination is in so many foods these days.

I think there may be an effort by drug companies to contaminate natural sources of real medicine
    to limit everyone to only buy their pharma poisons. I really wouldn't put it past them.
    Is it coincidence that so many herb sources are threatened by lead and mercury contamination?

CD, do you know if Lost Empire is looking to local grow their herbs at any point?
    I believe this is the path of the future for naturalists to ensure quality and protect their business.
    Better to try and preserve it now than wait for the situation to become irreparable imo.
    Should we all be reaching out to Lost Empire to request them to do this?
    Also I don't think the west coast of the U.S. is the best place for growing either due to radiation from the
    eastern hemisphere being carried in the wind and ocean.

Local sourcing herbs here in the U.S. will probably require a collective economic effort from everyone here.
    So I hope you guys that are concerned are willing to support the cause with $$$.
    Last edited by Hulk Smash; 11-05-2017 at 06:46 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only herbs that are questionable on the protocol are shilajit resin (C) and tongkat (C)

everything else i mostly A grade or higher. So just don't megadose on tongkat and shilajit and should be cool. Shilajit also has detox properties so the C grade is a bit misleading I think. Eg) even though it has more heavy metals than the average herb the fulvic acid in it I think is supposed to nullify most of that effect? according to the article.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pageidol View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about potential toxicity, and tbh from my point of view, if I did take on some toxicity with certain herbs (Which I highly doubt, especially being cycled), I wouldn't give it a second thought no matter the risk if it meant my life was back in full glory :-)

My head space around this thing is if it kills me to feel alive again (ironic) then so be it :-)

Keep hammering!

In the words of Winston Churchill, "keep calm and carry on"

oh and another, Neil Young, "The same thing that makes you live. Can kill you in the end"

Peace and love
    I see your viewpoint. I'm just very cautious now to run into new side effects from drugs. Just wanted to warn the community is all :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    thanks for sharing. most of lost empire herbs seems to be grade A quality or better.

The suspect herbs are shilajit (grade D) and as you pointed out tongkat (grade C)

Heavy Metals - Lost Empire Herbs

perhaps cuz of this it wouldn't be wise to use shilajit daily?
    Shilajit Heavy Metals Toxicity - Is Shilajit Safe? - Detoxification Properties

10 Heavy Metal Detox Strategies - YouTube
    Thanks for the links! They're super informative. I think I'm going to buy some bentonite clay and drink it every night. Stuff is supposed to absorb heavy metals and toxins in your GI tract. Also good for candida!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoOtherHeart View Post
    Thanks for the links! They're super informative. I think I'm going to buy some bentonite clay and drink it every night. Stuff is supposed to absorb heavy metals and toxins in your GI tract. Also good for candida!
    cd's protocol basically already addresses this. firstly with the cleanse. secondly with the daily chlorella/spirulinna. u could also use a sauna if u want but I'm on the fence with saunas cuz they aren't the best for fertility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    cd's protocol basically already addresses this. firstly with the cleanse. secondly with the daily chlorella/spirulinna. u could also use a sauna if u want but I'm on the fence with saunas cuz they aren't the best for fertility.
    I have Chlorella. The first and only time I tried it, I threw up. I'll try taking it again tomorrow and see what happens.