Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Random questions

Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    I'm realizing a big recovery step for me personally is to actually live with other healthy minded people. I currently live with older friends that I just can't connect with anymore because they are all still in "party mode" while I'm trying to live the protocol.

I am a social person that really gets influenced by the company I associate with, and I know its very important for me to find like-minded people.

Any advice for finding roommates that are very health conscious, not into drinking/partying, but at the same time not total squares or overly religious?

I've been searching for some type of resource online to connect with fellow health freaks, but haven't found anything great.
    This one's tough. I know very well the predicament you're in and it is very difficult to hang out with old friends and family who are still in party mode. It's very difficult to connect with people when you aren't numbing yourself down to their level.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Random questions

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    For how long have you following the protocol and how far are you from 100 recovery?
    You can't compare yourself to others when it comes to this. Every single person is different depending on how badly they're affected and how well they stick to the program.

Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    This one's tough. I know very well the predicament you're in and it is very difficult to hang out with old friends and family who are still in party mode. It's very difficult to connect with people when you aren't numbing yourself down to their level.

Definitely. I think its critically important for me to find friends and a girl that value health and self improvement in the way that I now do. Its just never been the crowd I've fallen into.

Seriously, does anyone have a recommendation of how to find a community of people like this?
    Its only work until its routine

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Random questions

Definitely. I think its critically important for me to find friends and a girl that value health and self improvement in the way that I now do. Its just never been the crowd I've fallen into.

Seriously, does anyone have a recommendation of how to find a community of people like this?
    I'm sure if you do some searching online there are ways to connect with like-minded individuals

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I'm sure if you do some searching online there are ways to connect with like-minded individuals

Dating sites like this yes, but not really a way to join a community of like minded people that I can find.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This experience is the first time I have ever really felt what loneliness feels like at times and fuck ever feeling that lol. I'm basically through that phase at this point, but its really occurred to me that there should really be more "Social Clubs" for like minded adults that exist and function much like churches, minus the religion.

Having a supportive community and friends is such an important thing, and it blows my mind how much harder it is to build that once you are finished with school, and out in the real world...Once again, an area where our society is not set up for optimal health.
    Last edited by DrivenToRecover; 05-15-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Random questions

This experience is the first time I have ever really felt what loneliness feels like at times and fuck ever feeling that lol. I'm basically through that phase at this point, but its really occurred to me that there should really be more "Social Clubs" for like minded adults that exist and function much like churches, minus the religion.

Having a supportive community and friends is such an important thing, and it blows my mind how much harder it is to build that once you are finished with school, and out in the real world...Once again, an area where our society is not set up for optimal health.
    Unfortunately this is true.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I hate the workouts and the overall stigma of the people who do them - maybe try to find a CrossFit gym? I know a lot of friends who are all about CrossFit and they have groups of friends who don't drink, go to Spartan races together, hike together, hold each other accountable for working out, host healthy cookouts, juice feast together, etc. Those people are the most health conscious people I know.

Worth a try I guess. I actually know a guy who owns a CrossFit gym in your town, pending you didn't move after college.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    As much as I hate the workouts and the overall stigma of the people who do them - maybe try to find a CrossFit gym? I know a lot of friends who are all about CrossFit and they have groups of friends who don't drink, go to Spartan races together, hike together, hold each other accountable for working out, host healthy cookouts, juice feast together, etc. Those people are the most health conscious people I know.

Worth a try I guess. I actually know a guy who owns a CrossFit gym in your town, pending you didn't move after college.
    The though had crossed my mind. I'm with you on the stigma behind crossfit lol, but honestly I feel like that's the same kind of stigma that friends have on me for being so strict with my health, so maybe I'm being ignorant.

Could you pm me about that specific gym?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random questions

The though had crossed my mind. I'm with you on the stigma behind crossfit lol, but honestly I feel like that's the same kind of stigma that friends have on me for being so strict with my health, so maybe I'm being ignorant.

Could you pm me about that specific gym?
    Sure thing. Will do now.

Just don't brag on here about how many burps you can do here in a few months, lol.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.