Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
I dont know anything about your guys private life. But socializing is a very big and important thing for humans, and socializing will always be funnier when you can do what you want and not worry about everything you eat and drink.
Thanks, captain obvious - I'm pretty sure all of us here would've enjoyed to continue drinking and partying during our recovery. I felt so shitty after my crash that drinking and socializing was the LAST thing on my mind, however.

Unfortunately for me, I was dealt a hand that was something I wanted to get rid of no matter what the cost was. Of course it's more fun to drink and carry on with your friends...but it was more important to me to have a working sex life and be the best me I could be again to all those who I love in my life. I couldn't have my cake and eat it too. I had drinks the other day with old friends and it felt just like it used to and how I enjoyed it - this is just proof that you'll be able to get there one day again too.

If it's more important to you to have drinks than just buckle down for a year or two and get your life back, then that's up to you chief. That's all life is, just one decision after the next with you the sole inhertitant of all the decisions you've made. If you want it bad enough, you'll get it - if you don't, then you won't.