User Tag List

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    So I am experiencing extreme fatigue/sluggishness and anxiety after eating (mostly my first meal of the day), but throughout the day as well. Anyone know why this might be?

I've had this issue a bit in the past as well, I think it may be something underlying in my normal health that may be hurting my symptoms. Maybe something to do with blood sugar? Blood pressure? Any help would be great.
    Lots of pfs guys get this. It was severe for me at one point and I still get it occasionally. Some guy on here mentioned Roemheld syndrome which seems to explain the symptoms - for me anyways. Foods that give you gas make it much worse. There's plenty of things a doctor might recommend but I'll let you research that

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by basementdweller View Post
    Lots of pfs guys get this. It was severe for me at one point and I still get it occasionally. Some guy on here mentioned Roemheld syndrome which seems to explain the symptoms - for me anyways. Foods that give you gas make it much worse. There's plenty of things a doctor might recommend but I'll let you research that
    Thanks for the response. Did this improve for you?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Thanks for the response. Did this improve for you?
    yes, it has improved a lot

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is carb backloading advised on JUST weight training days, or HIIT days also?

For the HIIT, is it advised to have them on separate days, or also on lifting days?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m going to the dentist tomorrow for a cleaning, any advice or tips on what to try and avoid? I haven’t taken in any Xenoestrogens in months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKnighten View Post
    Is carb backloading advised on JUST weight training days, or HIIT days also?

For the HIIT, is it advised to have them on separate days, or also on lifting days?
    Usually just weight training days, and separate days much better.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    Usually just weight training days, and separate days much better.
    So on non-training days, it would be limited to just meats, veggies, nuts, seeds, fruits and no oatmeal, sweet potatoes etc? Would this ever put you into a ketogenic state, or cause abnormal blood sugar fluctuation by strictly limiting carb intake on non-training days? Just curious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKnighten View Post
    So on non-training days, it would be limited to just meats, veggies, nuts, seeds, fruits and no oatmeal, sweet potatoes etc? Would this ever put you into a ketogenic state, or cause abnormal blood sugar fluctuation by strictly limiting carb intake on non-training days? Just curious.
    Exactly.
    Since fruits are allowed and you will have carb backloaded previously, I'm pretty sure you'd never be in a ketogenic state, but you will probably burn fat better which is good.
    Your blood sugar gets regulated even better from fats and proteins so the lack of complex carbs those days aren't a problem.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the verdict on processed meat while on the protocol? I've been eating store bought bacon basically daily since July. I have a paleo food app on my phone that says bacon is allowed. But just recently I did some googling and apparently store bought bacon often has chemicals in it that are bad for you. Should I drop it? There's a lot of conflicting information on the internet about it so not sure what to do really. Pretty much everything else in my diet is organic.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random questions

Quote Originally Posted by xxaleksi View Post
    What's the verdict on processed meat while on the protocol? I've been eating store bought bacon basically daily since July. I have a paleo food app on my phone that says bacon is allowed. But just recently I did some googling and apparently store bought bacon often has chemicals in it that are bad for you. Should I drop it? There's a lot of conflicting information on the internet about it so not sure what to do really. Pretty much everything else in my diet is organic.
    Coming from someone who probably eats the least amount of organic foods in this whole forum due to my location and money constraints, it does not make or break your recovery. But, if you could buy everything organic, do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk