Quote Originally Posted by Swill View Post
1) It is absolutely possible, maybe even probable that you have just panicked yourself silly man. The fact you knew about the sides etc. means you were probably looking for them, and the brain is incredibly powerful when it comes to sexual shit... It is highly likely you are absolutely fine but you need to make sure you don't work yourself into a place where this manifests as a complex...

4) Bad idea but don't panic, put it in the bin and move on from taking the poison.

In your shoes id do these things...

1) Don't panic and get on with life

2) It certainly won't harm for you to clean up your diet... with your crohn's not sure how much it limits your diet but do the basics... eat clean and organic, plenty of water, avoid alcohol for a little while, keep exercising and get plenty of sleep. Just see it as a month or two 'fitness kick', nothing bad will come of that.

3) Keep yourself busy so your not analysing every single symptom and dwelling on things. Get out of the house and do shit.

Points 4, 5 and 6 are all the same as point 1, it is that important.

It sounds like there are a tonne of confounding factors (your crohn's, your disposition to worry, the fact you have a cold and were hungover, etc.) that all point towards this in all likelihood being you mindfucking yourself. Avoid masturbation for a month or so too (be strict on this) just to make sure you are not doing it to 'test if it works' and panicking yourself half to death.

Go away and live well for a short period, and I think it is highly likely you will be more than fine.

Also, avoid this place and all other places with discussion on things finasteride... you don't want to be worrying yourself into PFS.

Thanks for the quickly reply, Swill. Much appreciated.

I'll say that you've done something to ease my fears. I am not certain what is happening with me and "it's all in my head" is a possibility. However, I've read that poor gut health and diet is a factor in PFS. Having Crohn's and an only okay diet (one in which I have been drinking a lot...like daily for the past few months although my Crohn's docs say this is not much to worry about for GI health) is making me quite worried. When I say drinking, I mean maybe a beer but more likely at least two a night. I like IPAs. What do you think of that? I have vowed to stop drinking and smoking entirely for the forseeable future.

Also, my GF, with whom I've already talked with about my fears, is supposed to come over tomorrow. I am anxious about what will happen if we start making out. She was super supportive of my earlier, though, so at least I'm lucky enough to have an amazing girlfriend.

I am trying to avoid PFS related message boards. Went to PH yesterday and man what a bad idea for my anxiety. Only good thing is it lead me here where everyone seems to have a great attitude. I want to continue posting here for a bit to see what others might have to say and what you might say in response to this.

Also, let's say I do try to move on. How will I know if there is something wrong? Should I get labs taken?