Thread: Water fast

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water fast

Hi All,

New to the site. Don't really want to post my whole story cuz we've all been there but I am a PFS sufferer who has made my symptoms worse using drugs like clomid/Lexapro to attack symptoms. I am here to make positive change in my life and push forward instead of sulking in self defeat.

I just had a question about the water fast. I plan on going to the clinic and trying to do it healthily and maybe they'll have input but my biggest fear is that I am already a pretty small guy (6 foot 155 pounds). Should I maybe try to put on some weight before the water fast? Or is this moot cuz I plan to put it on after?

Thanks for the help!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbradley2211 View Post
    Hi All,

New to the site. Don't really want to post my whole story cuz we've all been there but I am a PFS sufferer who has made my symptoms worse using drugs like clomid/Lexapro to attack symptoms. I am here to make positive change in my life and push forward instead of sulking in self defeat.

I just had a question about the water fast. I plan on going to the clinic and trying to do it healthily and maybe they'll have input but my biggest fear is that I am already a pretty small guy (6 foot 155 pounds). Should I maybe try to put on some weight before the water fast? Or is this moot cuz I plan to put it on after?

Thanks for the help!
    I wouldn't gain weight before the fast - just go through with it. You'll regain your size afterwards. It's not worth putting off to throw on weight that you'll just burn off anyway.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

Thanks for the help!
    You may be surprised. You may be classified in the category called "skinny fat" where by you look skinny but your fat to muscle ratio is skewed more towards fat then it is muscle. You may still have weight to lose even if it doesn't outwardly look like it.

Where are you going to do the fast?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True north health center....I live in SF so Santa Rosa isn't too far....I just need to get through this week at work before I can take some time off

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    True north health center....I live in SF so Santa Rosa isn't too far....I just need to get through this week at work before I can take some time off
    Good man! How long you fasting for?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd ideally want to try 2 weeks but due to financial limitations I am going to try to do a 7 day water fast leading into a 7-14 day juice feast

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd ideally want to try 2 weeks but due to financial limitations I am going to try to do a 7 day water fast leading into a 7-14 day juice feast
    You're not going to be able to do that there....quite exactly. You're going to have to stay so many days after the fast to "refeed." While they do offer juice FASTING there, you are going to want to FEAST, instead. You may have to pick up the feast once you get home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yah that's what I was thinking...unfortunately I just can't swing a 14 day water fast cuz of the boarding fee so I'm gonna come home to do the juice feast after 7 days

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water fast

Yah that's what I was thinking...unfortunately I just can't swing a 14 day water fast cuz of the boarding fee so I'm gonna come home to do the juice feast after 7 days
    I am trying to follow this so I can understand. I think he's saying that if you only have 7 days to spend at true north than you can't spend the whole 7 days in a water fast because a refeed will be required which also takes place their?

sorry if I have this wrong

also why is it that a juice fast is out of the question? I am assuming you guys are talking about refeeding as this needs to take place with a juice feast opposed to a juice fast?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am spending 7 days fasting...sounds like they might make me refeed for a day or 2 but after that I'm jumping right into a juice feast

As for the feast vs fast question I don't personally know scientifically enough about the 2 to say why the feast is better but it appears to have yielded positive results and after a week long water fast drinking more juice than less juice sounds more appealing to me anyways

Just trying to stick to the routine as best as I can....ready to move forward with my life