User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For that are asking how R-Andro works for PFS

Please see this study since people keep asking how R-Andro actually helps compared to using standard AAS. I would suggest reading through the entire thing, I just posted a short part taken out of it but def worth a read

Anticonvulsant Potencies of the Enantiomers of the Neurosteroids Androsterone and Etiocholanolone Exceed those of the Natural Forms

"Androsterone [(3α,5α)-3-hydroxyandrostan-17-one; 5α,3α-A] and its 5β-epimer etiocholanolone [(3α,5β)-3-hydroxyandrostan-17-one; 5β,3α-A)], the major excreted metabolites of testosterone, are neurosteroid positive modulators of GABAA receptors. Such neurosteroids typically show enantioselectivity in which the natural form is more potent than the corresponding unnatural enantiomer. For 5α,3α-A and 5β,3α-A, the unnatural enantiomers are more potent at GABAA receptors than the natural forms."

Certain endogenous steroid hormone metabolites are positive allosteric modulators of GABAA receptors at low concentrations and directly gate these receptors at higher concentrations (Lambert et al., 2009). As is the case for other agents that enhance inhibitory GABAergic function, such neurosteroids protect against seizures in diverse animal models, and there is emerging evidence that agents of this type are effective in the treatment of seizures and epilepsy in humans (Reddy and Rogawski, 2012; Bialer et al., 2013). The anticonvulsant potency of such steroids is closely correlated with their activity at GABAA receptors (Morrow et al., 1990; Kokate et al., 1994). Although the pregnanes allopregnanolone [(3α,5α)-3-hydroxypregnan-20-one)] and tetrahydrodeoxycorticosterone [(3α,5α)-3,21-dihydroxypregnan-20-one)] were the first endogenous GABAA receptor modulatory neurosteroids to be identified (Paul and Purdy, 1992), it is now recognized that a number of structurally related endogenous steroids have similar actions on GABAA receptors. In particular, the 17-ketosteroid androsterone (5α,3α-A; Fig. 1) potentiatates GABAA receptor responses albeit more weakly than allopregnanolone (Turner et al., 1989; Hawkinson et al., 1994; Anderson et al., 2000), and we demonstrated that it, as well as its 5β-epimer etiocholanolone (5β,3α-A), exhibit anticonvulsant activity in animal seizure models (Kaminski et al., 2005).
    Last edited by TubZy; 07-01-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info.

Are you going to give the r andro another run tubzy?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly, but most likely will stack the r-andro with 500mg of niacinamide per dose and/or 4 andro. Any steroid/neurosteroid supplement stacked with niacinamide should increase the effectiveness along w/ caffeine/aspirin etc.
    Last edited by TubZy; 07-01-2017 at 03:35 PM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give a full update soon but I'm currently at about 4 weeks of 400mg R Andro and 500mg niacinamide and I'm seeing brilliant results. Would say I'm pretty close to 100% many days and don't even feel as if I have a problem much of the time. First couple of weeks my sleep was awful but with more sugar before bed and an occasional T3 microdose I'm sleeping better than ever. Also getting in the caffeine and apirin.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news. Looking forward to the full update.

Is this your first run on it? What issues did you run into with it initially?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=coppersocks;54500]I'll give a full update soon but I'm currently at about 4 weeks of 400mg R Andro and 500mg niacinamide and I'm seeing brilliant results. Would say I'm pretty close to 100% many days and don't even feel as if I have a problem much of the time. First couple of weeks my sleep was awful but with more sugar before bed and an occasional T3 microdose I'm sleeping better than ever. Also getting in the caffeine and apirin.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Good news Coppersocks, delighted for you man!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coppersocks View Post
    I'll give a full update soon but I'm currently at about 4 weeks of 400mg R Andro and 500mg niacinamide and I'm seeing brilliant results. Would say I'm pretty close to 100% many days and don't even feel as if I have a problem much of the time. First couple of weeks my sleep was awful but with more sugar before bed and an occasional T3 microdose I'm sleeping better than ever. Also getting in the caffeine and apirin.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Sweet bro, you can up the niacinamide to a gram if you want. Try taking 500mg with each R andro dose it will help the increase in enzyme conversion, if you start to feel to tired or sedated stick to the 500mg dose. That is why caffeine and aspirin work in synergy with it as well, they are considered "stimulating" so they work good with the niacinamide.

Just watch the metabolism, keep the carbs and sugar high, if you notice cold hands and feet, you need more carbs/sugar & calories.
    Last edited by TubZy; 07-02-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my Last blood test, it came out I had low estrogens. Do you think it s the case to test them again before running the R andro since it can drop them even more?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biatch View Post
    From my Last blood test, it came out I had low estrogens. Do you think it s the case to test them again before running the R andro since it can drop them even more?
    Did you have low testosterone as well? If you have low T, it's not uncommon (like, at all) to have low estrogen as well.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by biatch View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it unless it causes you issues. Honestly, the main concern would probably making sure cholesterol is not getting too low since andro was originally developed for that and low cholesterol on its own can cause bad side effects.

If estrogen is getting very low, add in 4 andro and it should help bring it back up to normal or lower your R andro dose.

Also what maxxout said is also true. If you have low T to begin with I wouldn't even take prohormones to start until you get your T up.