User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sploicers View Post
    For the sake of arguement, I did have depression as a kid. Dad and I's relationship was not too good hahaha.

On the K8668B front, dude with you 100%. I remember reading PH and thinking that was the end. My life was gone. It crushing how much you can cut of your own life line by thinking its over.

I have to say. I crashed 2 weeks ago. Best I have ever felt. And I just started taking the herbs. I think my body has been in a plea for help for years... Looking back at the diet ive had...Holy shit. Im surprised i needed SP to even crash.

People: How many stories have we fucking read where a doctor tells a patient he is paralyzed and wont walk again but then he does? How many times has someone did something that "medicine cant explain"? Thats by sheer fucking willpower. The mind is insanely strong. And with all this nutrition, its going to reward us.
    This is sort of what I'm getting at it.

Virtually every other PFS community I've seen fosters this idea that these men are stuck in a permanent state of fucked. they throw around the word permanent, tell everyone this thing is persistent and that there is no cure, and that we must donate to find the cure like K8 brings up.

I've dealt with a lot of depression, and I have problems focusing on the positive in life at times, it's understandable that my brain really screws me on such a complex and potentially overwhelming problem as PFS. I literally haven't heard of one person with PFS that hasn't experienced anxiety or depression from PFS.

With that being said, This community is the only one where you probably don't have a lot of depressed people dealing with PFS. we are probably the only PFS community that is mentally healthy (at least as we can be,) and I also believe we are the only PFS community making any sort of progress. Even though I'm dealing with one of the most challenging times in my life, I am honestly happier than I have been in a long time despite it all. I feel great, and I feel like I will be unstoppable when I get through to the other side once and for all. I finally have my priorities straight for once in my life. the shit that really matters is so plain to see.

I think our mental health is a hugely important part of our recovery, more than most PFSers may believe.

thanks for the positivity guys, keep it up. I really think we will all get through this a better version of our selves than we ever may have even imagined.
    Last edited by Ridd; 07-11-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swill View Post
    FYI, I was in the Baylor study.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    anything interesting worth reporting here? or where I can find you talking about it at all if you have already gone into detail? that's pretty cool to be a part of, appreciate you spending the time to help all of us.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Swill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridd View Post
    anything interesting worth reporting here? or where I can find you talking about it at all if you have already gone into detail? that's pretty cool to be a part of, appreciate you spending the time to help all of us.
    Thanks man. I actually took time out of my honeymoon to do it. I am from the UK and my wife is US, she lives with me in the UK but we got married in her hometown in Indiana as a result. I got married on the Sat (March 2015) and flew out to Texas on the Sunday, took part in the study on the Monday and flew back.

It involved a number of things including a typical kinda questionnaire, a shit tonne of blood tests, various scans and dick function tests and a physical and the highlight, a penile biopsy for genetic testing. The penile biopsy literally involved cutting a couple of mm of skin off you junk around where it joins the balls... which sounds bad enough in itself, but add in the fact they didn't apply the anaesthetic properly and wowza... I think my wife heard me from Texas in Indiana!

I spoke to Dr Khera about the condition, he was very nice and very realistic and when mentioning recovery he mentioned he had treated some with crazy low T with HCG injections but has had limited success, and agreed with me that the foundation to getting better from this thing lies with diet, rest, exercise and mental state... he said those that were able to do this are the patients he has had under him that have shown improvement.

I still haven't heard regarding my genetic testing personally and don't expect to, I kinda did it to help out as the foundation needed numbers to complete the study and were getting frustrated at not getting people that would commit. I never expected any kind of outcome or answers from it, and was well underway with the protocol by that point and just wanted to do something to help people understand it and get an evidence base to get the poison off the market. They were intending for it to be published in the summer of 2015, so think maybe its been pushed down the priority list, but who knows.

But yeah, i was happy to help, people give the foundation shit but their heart is in the right place and they are trying to find some answers... its just a case of people having unrealistic expectations of some magical cure, when the fact of the matter is that it's a condition that wreaks hormonal havoc on an individual and leaves them imbalanced in different ways to different extents, no blood test can tell you what is actually up... the only way it makes sense to get it right is holistic healing.
    WORK! CONSUME! DIE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swill View Post
    Thanks man. I actually took time out of my honeymoon to do it. I am from the UK and my wife is US, she lives with me in the UK but we got married in her hometown in Indiana as a result. I got married on the Sat (March 2015) and flew out to Texas on the Sunday, took part in the study on the Monday and flew back.

It involved a number of things including a typical kinda questionnaire, a shit tonne of blood tests, various scans and dick function tests and a physical and the highlight, a penile biopsy for genetic testing. The penile biopsy literally involved cutting a couple of mm of skin off you junk around where it joins the balls... which sounds bad enough in itself, but add in the fact they didn't apply the anaesthetic properly and wowza... I think my wife heard me from Texas in Indiana!

I spoke to Dr Khera about the condition, he was very nice and very realistic and when mentioning recovery he mentioned he had treated some with crazy low T with HCG injections but has had limited success, and agreed with me that the foundation to getting better from this thing lies with diet, rest, exercise and mental state... he said those that were able to do this are the patients he has had under him that have shown improvement.

I still haven't heard regarding my genetic testing personally and don't expect to, I kinda did it to help out as the foundation needed numbers to complete the study and were getting frustrated at not getting people that would commit. I never expected any kind of outcome or answers from it, and was well underway with the protocol by that point and just wanted to do something to help people understand it and get an evidence base to get the poison off the market. They were intending for it to be published in the summer of 2015, so think maybe its been pushed down the priority list, but who knows.

But yeah, i was happy to help, people give the foundation shit but their heart is in the right place and they are trying to find some answers... its just a case of people having unrealistic expectations of some magical cure, when the fact of the matter is that it's a condition that wreaks hormonal havoc on an individual and leaves them imbalanced in different ways to different extents, no blood test can tell you what is actually up... the only way it makes sense to get it right is holistic healing.
    damn dude, that's some serious sacrifice. there's a ballsack pun in there somewhere.

at least we're making some sort of progress, that's all we really can do right now. one thing is clear that the typical pharma approach wont solve this. appreciate it on behalf of all PFS sufferers man, seriously.