User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys - look, there's plenty of things that are "DHT Inhibitors" aka, 5ARIs.....beta sitosterol (eggs, avocados, tomatoes), lauric acid (coconut oil), GLA (spirulina), in things that are everyday foods, supplements, etc. Just because it has an ingredient that is a 5ARI, doesn't mean in it's WHOLE FORM, that it is a total 5ARI (like, Saw Palmetto, Fenugreek, Finasteride, Dutasteride, Nettle Root, etc.). It's all about a compounds chemical makeup that causes it to either do that, or not.

He Shou Wu is also one of my favorite herbs too - I've NEVER, even back in the darkest of days, experienced anything similar to the 5AR inhibition issues I had with saw palmetto. If anything, I had the opposite.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't worry much about he shou wu. CD and others have taken it and recovered. He shou wu is more likely a strong anti-oxidant(among other things) and that attribute is what helps with hair. Heres a link with more info about he shou wu I found interesting.

https://www.hyperionherbs.com/how-he...osts-dopamine/

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Smash View Post
    I don't worry much about he shou wu. CD and others have taken it and recovered. He shou wu is more likely a strong anti-oxidant(among other things) and that attribute is what helps with hair. Heres a link with more info about he shou wu I found interesting.

https://www.hyperionherbs.com/how-he...osts-dopamine/
    Good read. There is a reason this is one of my favorite herbs. The effects are exactly as this article mentions. Thanks for sharing this.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 K8668B's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sploicers View Post
    Another thing K8 (is there a significance to your name? It seems random. I stole mine from my gamertag lol), one guy asked CD if he had only enough money for 5 herbs which should he buy. CD's answer:

Pine Pollen POWDER
    Tonkat
    Shilijat Resin
    He Shou Wu
    Cistanche

He shou is in there. Wouldnt worry
    got all 5 of those!! and you are correct. i remember that post too. ran out of the shilijit resin. i actually loved the shilijit resin. tasted like "raw baboon anus", as i think atticus or another swolesource referred to it back in the day. but i felt like i got something from it! he shou wu is one of my favorites too!
    Always improve, always evolve, never give up.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I did some digging on licorice and must say I'm pretty surprised. There are a lot of benefits that could be related to PFS and also metabolism in general despite the typical negative rep it gets.

https://raypeatforum.com/community/t...yroidism.6177/

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridd View Post
    would you say your erection quality is back to pre PFS?

also i'm curious, as it usually varies when people get PFS, but did your hair fall continue, or did you keep what you had after discontinuing fin?
    Yes, EQ came back with libido. As for hair loss I can't really say because fin never really worked for hair loss for me. That's another one of the reason's I decided to quit it. But as of now I do have continued hair loss the same as before fin and on fin.

Also I wouldn't be so sure to say that licorice root is a 5AR inhibitor. For instance this study indicates that the active compound in licorice root, glycyrrhetinic acid, increases 5ar:

On the contrary, 5 alpha-reductase was markedly increased though its meachnism remains to be clarified.
    Effects of glycyrrhetinic acid and its derivatives on delta 4-5 alpha- and 5 beta-reductase in rat liver. - PubMed - NCBI

I believe this is why it helped me.

Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    That is really interesting, when you researched licorice root why is it used for PSSD? Or what is your theory on why you think it helps?
    I don't have any sources but I know that people with PSSD believed it could permanently upregulate dopamine and adrenaline release if it has been downregulated from SSRI use.

I really do believe that the cdnuts protocol is good for your overall health. And I know for sure that coffee/caffeine helps with depression and low energy, and taking licorice root extract three times a day on the weekend gave me my sexual function back.

Best of luck everyone, I truly believe everyone can get their health back!!!
    Last edited by champstar; 07-22-2017 at 10:55 AM. Reason: grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got engaged!

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by champstar View Post
    Just got engaged!
    Congrats man!

Just joined this forum to ask you a question, as I'm thinking about taking licorice root for my accutane sides.

You said: "I worked up to taking 1/4 teaspoon of 4:1 licorice root extract powder dissolved in a mug of hot water three times a day on Saturday and Sunday."

What do you mean by 4:1? What brand of licorice root extract was this?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I wanted to update my thread. I'm still doing good. If I could do it again I would not take the licorice root and just stick to the main protocol and lifestyle. I think I overemphasized the effect that licorice root had because I got similar pronounced fluctuations at other times during my recovery. I think it was the rest of the protocol that really helped me and I think licorice is too dangerous to take. It can raise your blood pressure and I don't think its good for you at all from the research I've done. I'm really coming back to tell you: do not take licorice root. Hang in there and live healthily.