User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Desperate !

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's natural to be depressed by our situation, but i view it as situational depression versus clinical depression. This might sound like tough talk, but your attitude needs to be one of getting out of it instead of focusing on how bad things are.

Trust me, I know how bad things are. If you can ween yourself off Effexor, that would be good for you.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Swill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome.

We get how bad you feel and how hard things are initially, we have literally ALL been there, but this board isn't one that focuses on how bad off we are and the negative.

We are far more interested in how to get better and the positive improvements that can be made. The first thing you need to work on is your mindset changing, then you can run at this thing and you'll be a load better in no time.

Jump on the protocol and stop freaking yourself out man, get ownership of the situation. Good luck.
    WORK! CONSUME! DIE!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FFin View Post
    Where you also fucking depressed at those levels ?
    For the moment i cannot function without Effexor
    Yes. There were a few months there where I'd stay up all night sobbing having panic attacks. I couldn't breathe. I have no idea how my girlfriend hung in there.

I went on Wellburtrin, myself. Was on it about six months, but I got off of it about a month and a half ago.

I also was very suicidal to the point where my parents paid for me to see a therapist. I do not see her anymore because I'm pretty okay now.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more you surround yourself with negative thoughts the more they are going to pierce into your body and affect how you live/heal. Get off the negative mindset. Easier said than done, but you need to do it.

Every single one of us can testify that we are better everyday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Just as a note please be extremely cautious with Effexor.
    I am 30. Long before taking fin, I took Effexor (19 or 20). It turned me from a good student and optimistic in life to a train-wreck.
    I was misdiagnosed and treated with the wrong class of meds (a common occurrence in psychiatry). It doesn't happen to everyone, but many years later,
    I realize the only "meds" for me are stimulants (for my ADHD) and my inhalers, basically. I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder...

6 years later ADHD, a few years later BPII (which also has terrible meds). I am not saying this is anything close to what you are suffering from, but just that I've seen a lot of people suffer from SSRI's and SNRI's both in person and online. So please make sure you are diagnosed correctly, and consider if you really need it or if the meds are making you feel you need it. I thought I did... and up until a small stint on a mood stabilizer and finasteride, that was the worst mistake I ever made.

Edit: I'm just saying to be careful... if you're taking it due to Finasteride - likely this is completely different than why I took it, although I did take accutane as a teen for 2 months and a couple years later, I did take Effexor (I was a bit naive then).

I had to rebuild my entire life from scratch, with some help of family thank God after 6mo-1 year on it. (Effexor XR)
    Last edited by CSM25; 07-22-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ditch the meds.

Detox...juice feast or water fast.

This is the first thing you NEED to do. The longer, the better.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CSM25 View Post
    Hi, Just as a note please be extremely cautious with Effexor.
    I am 30. Long before taking fin, I took Effexor (19 or 20). It turned me from a good student and optimistic in life to a train-wreck.
    I was misdiagnosed and treated with the wrong class of meds (a common occurrence in psychiatry). It doesn't happen to everyone, but many years later,
    I realize the only "meds" for me are stimulants (for my ADHD) and my inhalers, basically. I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder...

6 years later ADHD, a few years later BPII (which also has terrible meds). I am not saying this is anything close to what you are suffering from, but just that I've seen a lot of people suffer from SSRI's and SNRI's both in person and online. So please make sure you are diagnosed correctly, and consider if you really need it or if the meds are making you feel you need it. I thought I did... and up until a small stint on a mood stabilizer and finasteride, that was the worst mistake I ever made.

Edit: I'm just saying to be careful... if you're taking it due to Finasteride - likely this is completely different than why I took it, although I did take accutane as a teen for 2 months and a couple years later, I did take Effexor (I was a bit naive then).

I had to rebuild my entire life from scratch, with some help of family thank God after 6mo-1 year on it. (Effexor XR)
    I was diagnosed with GAD 10 years ago and took Effexor for 8 years.
    What is your diagnostic ? BPII ?

Finasteride made me crash heavily, and my test is low, but i hope my past anxiety was due to low T.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Ditch the meds.

Detox...juice feast or water fast.

This is the first thing you NEED to do. The longer, the better.
    Yes but i cannot function without it, i cannot even work

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Desperate !

Quote Originally Posted by FFin View Post
    I was diagnosed with GAD 10 years ago and took Effexor for 8 years.
    What is your diagnostic ? BPII ?

Finasteride made me crash heavily, and my test is low, but i hope my past anxiety was due to low T.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but i cannot function without it, i cannot even work
    What is your purpose of being on this forum?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    What is your purpose of being on this forum?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    To cure the mess finasteride made !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many of you had suicidal toughts and how long did it last ?