0 Thread(s)
    I get this pro metabolic feeling from licorice root extract

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbradley2211 View Post
    I have only been taking the powder but was about to change the tincture. Should I treat it like R-Andro and cycle it for a few weeks then switch back to the powder? Or is the tincture just something I should be supplementing every day?
    Others can advise re the cycling of the tincture, but you still take the powder every day even when taking the tincture.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got me some licorice root powder and I have to say, I pretty quickly felt shitty from it. aches all over my body and I was exhausted, hopefully I bounce back even stronger like you champstar. I think there's seriously something to the recoveries that involve 5ar inhibs based on the research i've seen.

in fact there's a few accutane recoveries based around a prominent doctor prescribing finasteride, of all things, to help victims- which we should all know has a similar MoA. I'll link if anyones interested when I get the time. this guy has written a whole book on it apparently.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by champstar View Post
    I get this pro metabolic feeling from licorice root extract
    Licorice isn't pro metabolic quite the opposite effect actually, the metabolic stimulative type "feeling" you could be feeling is from the rise in cortisol most likely.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the keto side, stay away whether you are in PFS or not. I used to be in deep ketosis, and it is not the way to go either short term or long term. Although short term may be okay for weight loss purposes, the Eskimos who at a primarily meat and fat diet (keto) aged significantly faster particularly in the connective tissues due to the constant increase in cortisol (which would maintain blood sugar).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey tubzy what about if I am running a probiotic course, in which it is advised to not eat carbs?
    I notice that i bloat a lot whenever I take a probiotic tablet and eat carbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridd View Post
    i got me some licorice root powder and I have to say, I pretty quickly felt shitty from it. aches all over my body and I was exhausted, hopefully I bounce back even stronger like you champstar. I think there's seriously something to the recoveries that involve 5ar inhibs based on the research i've seen.

in fact there's a few accutane recoveries based around a prominent doctor prescribing finasteride, of all things, to help victims- which we should all know has a similar MoA. I'll link if anyones interested when I get the time. this guy has written a whole book on it apparently.
    Let me know how you feel in a couple days Ridd. Ive seriously looked into doing something similar. How much did you take?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The battler View Post
    Hey tubzy what about if I am running a probiotic course, in which it is advised to not eat carbs?
    I notice that i bloat a lot whenever I take a probiotic tablet and eat carbs.
    Most likely inflammation and serotonin. Try taking a serotonin antagonist when you eat carbs like caffeine, lysine, niacinamide etc. It should kill the bloat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sploicers View Post
    Let me know how you feel in a couple days Ridd. Ive seriously looked into doing something similar. How much did you take?
    I think I would've done much better if I wasn't an idiot and sent myself on a mini crash because of the part last week that I talked about. I've been feeling like absolute shit these last fews days lol.
    I believe that we can take small amounts of 5ar inhibs as long as we are in good health and not be affected as much, but with everything we do, it's all mostly a gamble.
    I took a regular serving size, maybe 1/4 tsp?

Additionally, what kind of carbs would you all recommend if I've been hypoglycemic for a while now? It seems impossible to keep my blood sugar under control as the smallest amount of carbs can spike it, which is why I've almost completely removed them, but I've been introducing fruit and some sweet potatoes back recently.

- - - Updated - - -

and additionally, how many carbs should I shoot for? I'd ideally like the minimum that I could eat without depleting my glycogen stores so I don't ruin my blood sugar like I have been. I'm reading 100g + a day. thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridd View Post

Nice, guys. Yes I experienced what you're feeling the first couple of times. But when I started taking it two days in a row it went away. Like I said before I don't think licorice root extract acts as a 5ar inhibitor. In my thread I quoted and linked a study saying that it increase 5ar in vivo through an unknown mechanism. When I was still struggling I would never have tried something I thought was a strong 5ar inhibitor.