User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    Licorice isn't pro metabolic quite the opposite effect actually, the metabolic stimulative type "feeling" you could be feeling is from the rise in cortisol most likely.
    Interesting! Is the good feeling I get from coffee a pro metabolic effect?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by champstar View Post
    Nice, guys. Yes I experienced what you're feeling the first couple of times. But when I started taking it two days in a row it went away. Like I said before I don't think licorice root extract acts as a 5ar inhibitor. In my thread I quoted and linked a study saying that it increase 5ar in vivo through an unknown mechanism. When I was still struggling I would never have tried something I thought was a strong 5ar inhibitor.
    i'll heal up and try again. I have read a lot about it being a 5 ar inhibitor, and then other studies saying they aren't sure. logically, it would make sense if it has some sort of communication with 5ar and DHT. The theory I have heard is that it revitalizes broken pathways that may have been burnt out from our overuse of 5ar inhibs. but this is all speculation of course. I definitely felt a strong affect from licorice root.

champ, did you start feeling better the same day you would take licorice root or did it often take a few days when you got warmed up to it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To ketosis or not to ketosis?

I am a bit confused. So we need carbs but only when backloading? Or can we eat small portions of carbs in our day meals ie. Small portion of carbs with the protein and veggs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Someone once asked a man how he was. He replied, “I’m going through hell!” Said his friend: “Well, keep on going. That is no place to stop!”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holistic View Post
    I am a bit confused. So we need carbs but only when backloading? Or can we eat small portions of carbs in our day meals ie. Small portion of carbs with the protein and veggs?

it's my experience that if I eat some carbs with a full meal (with protein and veges) then the potential spike in blood sugar gets mitigated a bit. but I still try to keep it small. at night, apparently it's better/easier? to load up on carbs as your body will use it more efficiently, but I haven't experimented with this much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To ketosis or not to ketosis?

I will just stick to paleo- carbload at nights

Someone once asked a man how he was. He replied, “I’m going through hell!” Said his friend: “Well, keep on going. That is no place to stop!”

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yah I did keto for like a month after I crashed cuz of recoveries of Mitch and Chi and English who all went zero sugar.

I got like 10% improvement from adding carbackloading. carbs are huge for T production.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    You need carbs in some form or another. Many of the supplements that are pushed here through the protocol are pro-metabolic, such as Super R Andro Rx, 5a-DHP, caffeine, even some of the herbal supplements. This requires you to get a pretty hefty backload in. If your carbs are not well stocked, your glycogen stores are run through by these supplements, and before you know it you are running on adrenaline.

So, in my opinion, keto is a terrible idea when trying to recover from PFS. For a normal person, who's trying to shred weight quickly, I can see it having it's place. Just not here.
    Out of interest, how many grams of carbs did you get per day roughly? 100, 200?
    Also did you stick to only strict paleo carbs such as starchy veg or did you also eat some grains and legumes?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    Out of interest, how many grams of carbs did you get per day roughly? 100, 200?
    Also did you stick to only strict paleo carbs such as starchy veg or did you also eat some grains and legumes?
    I always got the best results from having all my carbs at night in the form of a backload. Anywhere from 200-400 grams of carbs on workout days only.

Sometime I would have carbs on non workout days, at night, but the amount would be much, much lower. If you wake up jiggly and bloated, you over did it.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah ok thank you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what could be the "best" carb loading? Potatoes and what else?