User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To ketosis or not to ketosis?

I've seen some people say it's good and others bad. For PFS, I haven't heard a lot, but I know a lot of you backload carbs at night.

I've been hopping in and out of ketosis on my restrictive diet so I thought I'd just get a good opinion on it once and for all.

what do you think about ketosis?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need carbs in some form or another. Many of the supplements that are pushed here through the protocol are pro-metabolic, such as Super R Andro Rx, 5a-DHP, caffeine, even some of the herbal supplements. This requires you to get a pretty hefty backload in. If your carbs are not well stocked, your glycogen stores are run through by these supplements, and before you know it you are running on adrenaline.

So, in my opinion, keto is a terrible idea when trying to recover from PFS. For a normal person, who's trying to shred weight quickly, I can see it having it's place. Just not here.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    You need carbs in some form or another. Many of the supplements that are pushed here through the protocol are pro-metabolic, such as Super R Andro Rx, 5a-DHP, caffeine, even some of the herbal supplements. This requires you to get a pretty hefty backload in. If your carbs are not well stocked, your glycogen stores are run through by these supplements, and before you know it you are running on adrenaline.

So, in my opinion, keto is a terrible idea when trying to recover from PFS. For a normal person, who's trying to shred weight quickly, I can see it having it's place. Just not here.
    Which herbs do you think are pro metabolic?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell1234 View Post
    Which herbs do you think are pro metabolic?
    Off the top of my head, tongkat ali, he shou wu, rhodiola - mainly any potent T booster or thyroid surrogate herb seems to give me a very pro-metabolic feeling. Take this for what it is worth however, I have no studies to back this up nor do I care to find any, lol.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off the top of my head, tongkat ali, he shou wu, rhodiola - mainly any potent T booster or thyroid surrogate herb seems to give me a very pro-metabolic feeling. Take this for what it is worth however, I have no studies to back this up nor do I care to find any, lol.
    Thanks. I find pine pollen a bit this way too.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell1234 View Post
    Thanks. I find pine pollen a bit this way too.
    Yes, I would assume it is pro-metabolic too. The tincture gives me a very pro-metabolic feeling, more so than the powder.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. I find the pine pollen tincture super powerful. To the point now where I've had to give it a break. I had a good 6 week on it (not taking it every day, but more often than not). Hopefully the androsterone in it has replaced some of my missing 5ar enzymes!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It most likely has. It and R Andro are big helpers in this puzzle.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It most likely has. It and R Andro are big helpers in this puzzle.
    Without being able to say yes I definitely feel that these enzymes have been replaced (as how would I know, it could just be the boost in test), I do have a good feeling that I've got some permanent benefits from it. Whilst on it, before it sort of started to drain me at the end, I was getting nocturnal erections and morning erections. Now I have had this before off and on I guess, but this felt more strong, more stable, more normal.
    Last edited by Snell1234; 07-27-2017 at 12:51 AM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only been taking the powder but was about to change the tincture. Should I treat it like R-Andro and cycle it for a few weeks then switch back to the powder? Or is the tincture just something I should be supplementing every day?