User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My personal update thread

So I just realised I've never done a thread of my own and have been butting in on everyone else's, so I thought I'd get my own going where I can give my updates.

A quick run down for me. Took propecia in 2012 for 3 to 6 months - 3 months completely on, 3 months off and on as I battled side effects whilst on it.

Quit towards the end of 2012. After quitting, hormonally i wasn't right but somehow was still functioning okay. It was like my testosterone was sky high but something was missing, until about 12 months down the track from that point I crashed completely with my testosterone plummeting.

All the usual side effects. Sexual, neurological etc etc.

Have done a lot between now and then. Even did some faecal transplants in 2015 in an attempt to beat this.

Been on cdnuts protocol 100% really only since the beginning of the year.

Commenced the herbs at the end of march - taking pine pollen powder every day.

I've done one bottle of the pine pollen tincture taking it nearly every day which I finished 2 weeks ago.

Just in the last couple of days, I feel like I've had something of a breakthrough. A calmness has come over me, my mind seems to be going back to normal. It is only after getting this feeling in the last couple of days that I can see how ridden with anxiety I was. And not anxiety caused by my mind (I may have made it worse), but anxiety which had just taken control of my body which I had no control of.

I still have a way to go, but I feel like I am really knocking at the door for a full recovery. Something I wouldn't have thought there'd be any chance I'd be able to say 12 months ago.

A big thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way, namely cdnuts.

Will keep updating this as I experience more improvements. I guess the key thing I've noted is that it does take time to see the improvements and you sort of need to keep doing every part of the protocol even if you don't feel you are getting anything out of it for a patch.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    best of luck man, if you haven't been keeping a personal log it'd be smart to do so, it helps a lot seeing progress, gauging what works, and it can be pretty motivating.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing your improvements, I love reading these kind of posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the people who have fully recovered out there. Once you had the major breakthrough and could taste a full recovery, how long until it eventuated from there?

Once you have momentum on your side, does it all happen pretty quickly after that?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell1234 View Post
    To the people who have fully recovered out there. Once you had the major breakthrough and could taste a full recovery, how long until it eventuated from there?

Once you have momentum on your side, does it all happen pretty quickly after that?
    It does compared to how long it takes to build that momentum in the beginning. As you know, just like sickness, superior health has to be built up over time, with one thing building and piling on top of the next.

I remember that first wash of calm centeredness. I believe I wept when I first felt it after not feeling it for years. It's things like that, that let you know you're doing everything correctly and your on the right track.

Things will start to happen quicker now, but remember: You're still going to have downswings and full healing is NEVER going to happen fast enough for you. Now that you've tasted sweet relief, it's all you're going to want. I've always said the last 10-15% is the hardest.

You're doing a fantastic job my friend. Keep up the great work and soon enough you'll be able to add to our recovery thread here.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    It does compared to how long it takes to build that momentum in the beginning. As you know, just like sickness, superior health has to be built up over time, with one thing building and piling on top of the next.

I remember that first wash of calm centeredness. I believe I wept when I first felt it after not feeling it for years. It's things like that, that let you know you're doing everything correctly and your on the right track.

Things will start to happen quicker now, but remember: You're still going to have downswings and full healing is NEVER going to happen fast enough for you. Now that you've tasted sweet relief, it's all you're going to want. I've always said the last 10-15% is the hardest.

You're doing a fantastic job my friend. Keep up the great work and soon enough you'll be able to add to our recovery thread here.
    That is the absolute best description of what has occurred. The calm centredness. I had forgotten what it felt like. And it showed to me how off I was in so many aspects of my life. I mean, I always thought my sleep was good, but it has been so much deeper the last few nights. I get the proper tired feeling when it's time to sleep instead of the burnt out tired feeling.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My personal update thread

Quote Originally Posted by Snell1234 View Post
    That is the absolute best description of what has occurred. The calm centredness. I had forgotten what it felt like. And it showed to me how off I was in so many aspects of my life. I mean, I always thought my sleep was good, but it has been so much deeper the last few nights. I get the proper tired feeling when it's time to sleep instead of the burnt out tired feeling.
    That was the other thing I really enjoyed. Getting that drowsy almost drug like feeling before falling asleep. That's the way it should be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post

This. The last ten to fifteen percent was the worst......it's like you no longer consider yourself "broken" with PFS, but you still have a few things wrong with you that keep you from feeling like a normal member of society. It's a shift where it becomes annoying as opposed to life changing.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just another update. Nearly there for me I think. Only a few more pushes away. It's funny, each time a new wave comes along, you sort of realise that you weren't as close as you thought you were previously.

I'm sure that will happen again when I get my next wave, but there must only be a few more pushes left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    This. The last ten to fifteen percent was the worst......it's like you no longer consider yourself "broken" with PFS, but you still have a few things wrong with you that keep you from feeling like a normal member of society. It's a shift where it becomes annoying as opposed to life changing.
    I'm definitely in the last phase you spoke about. I am no longer broken but there are just a few annoying things still left that stops me from considering myself "normal".