Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Different drug, same story - my update thread

Hi guys,

since Finasteride and Accutane share similar mechanisms and symptoms I thought I'd share my story here and create a little log for myself (and for you to see my eventual successes).

I'm trying to be as short as possible:
    Took Accutane for probably two weeks in early 2014. I got erectile dysfunction/impotence from it and decided to drop it immediatly. After that my libido went up again, almost to normal highs, I would say it was like 70-80% from my normal sex drive (but I couldn't get excited anymore just from visual stimulation for example). My libido stayed like this for over a year, but I could get used to it and it was not a big problem (exercise and abstinence for a few days helped with this).

In summer 2015 I got a urinary tract infection and got treated three times with antibiotics (overall over 40 days antibiotics) and was left with zero libido after it. It got worse and worse and right now I'm in a state of severe anhedonia, chronic fatigue and a complete loss of sex drive and drive in general.

List of sympstoms include (among others):
    -no libido
    -sometimes ED, no morning wood
    -no motivation, drive
    -no feelings in general (anhedonia)
    -fatigue, no energy (having trouble climbing up stairs or keeping balance sometimes e.g.)
    -headache
    -disturbed sleep, no dreams, waking up exhausted
    -inflammation on my glans (due to fungal overgrowth I think; tried every cream known to mankind and nothing helped, so I try the internal approach now -> building up my gut flora)
    -bad digestion
    ...and so on, you know the deal

I'm focusing on gut health right now (candida, parasites, dysbiosis) because that seems to be my major problem atm because of all the antibiotics. I think it will solve a lot of my problems (like I said, before I got the infection and took the antibiotics, the symptoms were negligible).

I'm basically following a mixture of these two protocols:
    https://www.remedyspot.com/content/t...very-from-pfs/
    How to eliminate Candida & biofilms » Gestalt Reality

Currently taking (a few months in):
    -Interfase Plus: for dissolving of biofilms
    -Zeolite: traps heavy metals relased by dissolving of biofilm
    -Nystatin: to kill off Candida
    -Berberine herb: antibacterial, antifungal, sometimes I'm alternating with other antifungals
    -L-Glutamin: helps with die-off symptoms such as headache (glutathione precursor?)
    -Vitamin C: helps with headache
    -TUDCA: only sometimes, as liver protectant, also helps with headache
    -Super Enzymes with almost every meal
    -Ashwagandha: sometimes for sleep, really liked this herb but when I take it now before bed I seem to be tired the whole next day...
    -Rhodiola: only sometimes when energy levels are really low because it seems to wipe out the tiny remaining part of my sex drive on the days I take it (this is kinda sad because it really helps big time with energy)
    -Probiotics: VSL#3, Prescript Assist + Prebiotics: Resistant starch, Bimuno, Glucomannan, Amazing Green (this last one really makes me feel healthy lol) -> to repopulate gut with good guys
    -Wormwood, black walnut, glove complex: to kill off potential parasites, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off
    -Zink sometimes
    -started also pine pollen powder (but only 2 days in) and I believe it gives me some acne back, so it seems to be working in terms of upping testosterone, not noticing anything in terms of libido or energy so far.

Also I'm doing a paleo diet since april, now including some cheese and good carbs. I'm aiming to do this till the end of the year and hopefully seeing some results in this time. After this gut thing is handled, I will jump on CDnuts' protocol.

Supplements I tried that were somewhat effective:
    -Ashwagandha + Cordyceps combined (+few days of abstinence) gave me some libido on lucky days [BUT I also took a lot of herbs back then, not sure if it's correct to attribute it only to those two -> Chinese skullcap, Isatis, Houttuynia, Sida acuta, Uva ursi, Phellodendron, Bidens pilosa, Cryptolepis, Danshen, Juniper Berry to be precise, most of them antibacterial herbs)
    -NAC: gave me some morning wood and dreams, but in the long run reduced my libido, appetite etc., I still use it sometimes
    -L-Arginine: high dose helped with erection quality
    -Mucuna pruriens together with EGCG: really works for motivation and drive, unfortunately did nothing for sex drive BUT I only take it sometimes, maybe once a week because of this "desensitizing dopamine receptors" thing. I will probably look for N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine with my next order to try out as a substitute
    -Probiotics and prebiotics like described above: really gives me back some dreams and decent morning wood most of the days so far. But I'm only doing this for a week now, one shall be curious...

Supplements I tried that did nothing for me:
    -Maca
    -Blue Up, Stimulant Free (Tribulus, Avena Sativa and LongJack)
    -Hericium
    -Vitamin B Complex
    -Vitamin D (gave me strange muscle twiches, not sure if it was the brand/capsule or the Vit D itself, I'll maybe look into a cream or sth.)

I really appreciate this forum, really needed something to write down my thoughts and share my experiences and achievements. I like this page because it focuses on winning out over this whole damn thing.

Together we can beat this shit!

11.08.2017:
    Since tomorrow is my birthday I will have my first cheatday in months with a lot of cake and shit food, but will follow my protocol afterwards as strict as before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you've found why this forum is truly important- we focus on actually beating our obstacles rather than dwelling and searching for magic cures like similarly themed forums that you'll see. you got the idea, you will get better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    29.08.2017:
    just a small update...
    -the planned cheatday evolved into a cheat weekend and I noticed for the first time how bad this fucking food really is that we eat all day (and how much worse I was before the diet)...couldn't get any good sleep at night, libido was DEAD, felt kind of hyperactive because of all the sugar and had an anxiety breakdown at the end of the weekend where I almost cried in front of my girlfriend. I've been strict with my diet ever since this
    -gonna get some blood tests done on wednesday (testosterone, free testosterone, dht, tsh, t3, t4). I don't expect it to be low, but it's a good indicator to where I stand right now I think...and if my thyroid levels are low, I know that I can take Iodine without being worried
    -unfortunately the effects on morning wood induced by the pro/prebiotics didn't last...nevertheless I get some dreams and good REM-sleep from it
    -the biofilm product I'm taking might be a little too strong for me (it felt like it destroys the beneficial biofilms too; came with digestive problems etc.) and I'm switching to Candex now
    -had some good days and some days where I felt like shit...also noticed that the more I sleep (8-9 hours) the more energy I have most of the time. I try to make this a habit and try to get at least 8 hours of sleep (before I rather had 5-7 hours)

I had some serious testicular pain today which spread until the knee area (it came and went at small intervals)...don't know what to make out of this, but I do get this every once in a while...just keep plowing I guess

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSatan View Post
    29.08.2017:
    just a small update...
    -the planned cheatday evolved into a cheat weekend and I noticed for the first time how bad this fucking food really is that we eat all day (and how much worse I was before the diet)...couldn't get any good sleep at night, libido was DEAD, felt kind of hyperactive because of all the sugar and had an anxiety breakdown at the end of the weekend where I almost cried in front of my girlfriend. I've been strict with my diet ever since this
    -gonna get some blood tests done on wednesday (testosterone, free testosterone, dht, tsh, t3, t4). I don't expect it to be low, but it's a good indicator to where I stand right now I think...and if my thyroid levels are low, I know that I can take Iodine without being worried
    -unfortunately the effects on morning wood induced by the pro/prebiotics didn't last...nevertheless I get some dreams and good REM-sleep from it
    -the biofilm product I'm taking might be a little too strong for me (it felt like it destroys the beneficial biofilms too; came with digestive problems etc.) and I'm switching to Candex now
    -had some good days and some days where I felt like shit...also noticed that the more I sleep (8-9 hours) the more energy I have most of the time. I try to make this a habit and try to get at least 8 hours of sleep (before I rather had 5-7 hours)

I had some serious testicular pain today which spread until the knee area (it came and went at small intervals)...don't know what to make out of this, but I do get this every once in a while...just keep plowing I guess
    Nut pain in my experience has always happened when my test was going up.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Nut pain in my experience has always happened when my test was going up.
    That's a good sign I guess...however I hope it doesn't go up too high before wednesday, I'd like to have genuine test results.. I think it makes no sense if my testo levels are taken in an upswing period lol

Also thought about fasting this week...I wanna do it as soon as possible, but don't think I'm able to atm...I'm doing this diet for months now and I lost so much weight, I'm only at 59kg (130lb) right now (I'm 5"7). Let's say 21 days of water fasting, that would at least be 8-9kg of weight that I would be losing if not more and I would be under 50kg (110lb) then...
    so theoretically I have to gain weight now to do the fasting, just to lose the build up weight again

I imagine this will be a pain in the ass to achieve with a paleo diet, if possible at all and take several months...especially as a kind of a hardgainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a good sign I guess...however I hope it doesn't go up too high before wednesday, I'd like to have genuine test results.. I think it makes no sense if my testo levels are taken in an upswing period lol

Also thought about fasting this week...I wanna do it as soon as possible, but don't think I'm able to atm...I'm doing this diet for months now and I lost so much weight, I'm only at 59kg (130lb) right now (I'm 5"7). Let's say 21 days of water fasting, that would at least be 8-9kg of weight that I would be losing if not more and I would be under 50kg (110lb) then...
    so theoretically I have to gain weight now to do the fasting, just to lose the build up weight again

I imagine this will be a pain in the ass to achieve with a paleo diet, if possible at all and take several months...especially as a kind of a hardgainer
    Hey man, thanks for the update, you'll be back on track soon.

couple things:

which biofilm product are you taking? anyone else have experience with biofilm? something that has interested me for a while.

secondly, I always see my nut pain as CD does.

Third, some people here don't like the idea of a ketogenic diet, but the truth is that when you go on a water fest, your body kicks in to ketosis anyways. To ease into a water fast easier get on a ketogenic diet (eat mostly fats and little amounts of carbs) and you'll be primed to fast with no problem.

I've been in ketosis a few times in my life, the keto flu sucks, which you'll get by switching your bodys metabolism up, but I have to say, I did the first fast of my life this week and I already feel many benefits, not to mention that there are countless studies proving the benefits of fasting and intermittent fasting a like. just to give you a boost of confidence, some doctors say it is one of the most beneficial things you can do for your overall health, next to exercise. think about it, in our evolutionary history, rarely would humans have an active digestive system 24/7/365. It makes so much sense that it can sort of do "spring cleaning" in there. and it's all natural. but it does suck getting into ketosis I will admit.

With that said, I had tried many times to fast but I'm hypoglycemic and could really crash myself hard with the drop of blood sugar. Definitely unsafe levels. If you can ease into ketosis for a week or two before a crazy fast, it'll be a more mild keto flu and by the time you start your fast you will have virtually no cravings. I have not been carb hungry for a week now and I just ended my 4 day fast and plan to stay in ketosis to do another week long fast after work slows down.

so if you want to ease into the fast and think you may have trouble with it, just go on a ketogenic diet. but if you just wanna get it over as quick as possible and you think your insulin response and blood sugar levels are healthy, just cut right into it. Either way I would highly rec intermittent fasting for at least a few days beforehand if you're not already doing it.

I think fasting will be one of the biggest tools of my recovery considering my long term (even pre-fin) digestive/food related issues. GL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridd View Post
    Hey man, thanks for the update, you'll be back on track soon.

couple things:

which biofilm product are you taking? anyone else have experience with biofilm? something that has interested me for a while.

secondly, I always see my nut pain as CD does.

Third, some people here don't like the idea of a ketogenic diet, but the truth is that when you go on a water fest, your body kicks in to ketosis anyways. To ease into a water fast easier get on a ketogenic diet (eat mostly fats and little amounts of carbs) and you'll be primed to fast with no problem.

I've been in ketosis a few times in my life, the keto flu sucks, which you'll get by switching your bodys metabolism up, but I have to say, I did the first fast of my life this week and I already feel many benefits, not to mention that there are countless studies proving the benefits of fasting and intermittent fasting a like. just to give you a boost of confidence, some doctors say it is one of the most beneficial things you can do for your overall health, next to exercise. think about it, in our evolutionary history, rarely would humans have an active digestive system 24/7/365. It makes so much sense that it can sort of do "spring cleaning" in there. and it's all natural. but it does suck getting into ketosis I will admit.

With that said, I had tried many times to fast but I'm hypoglycemic and could really crash myself hard with the drop of blood sugar. Definitely unsafe levels. If you can ease into ketosis for a week or two before a crazy fast, it'll be a more mild keto flu and by the time you start your fast you will have virtually no cravings. I have not been carb hungry for a week now and I just ended my 4 day fast and plan to stay in ketosis to do another week long fast after work slows down.

so if you want to ease into the fast and think you may have trouble with it, just go on a ketogenic diet. but if you just wanna get it over as quick as possible and you think your insulin response and blood sugar levels are healthy, just cut right into it. Either way I would highly rec intermittent fasting for at least a few days beforehand if you're not already doing it.

I think fasting will be one of the biggest tools of my recovery considering my long term (even pre-fin) digestive/food related issues. GL.
    I was taking InterFase Plus from Klaire Labs. Here you can find some useful info

Yeah I think Cdnuts was right, woke up with a pretty good boner today.

I was in ketosis before and I know about all the things you mentioned...I meant I don't know if I can fast right now because I'm too skinny. :-( Otherwise I would do it immediately

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was taking InterFase Plus from Klaire Labs. Here you can find some useful info

Yeah I think Cdnuts was right, woke up with a pretty good boner today.

I was in ketosis before and I know about all the things you mentioned...I meant I don't know if I can fast right now because I'm too skinny. :-( Otherwise I would do it immediately
    for sure. 3 days fasts will do you good and you'll have very little weight loss. unless you're at the point of less than 6% BF, you'll be fine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridd View Post
    for sure. 3 days fasts will do you good and you'll have very little weight loss. unless you're at the point of less than 6% BF, you'll be fine.
    Actually I wanted to do just one proper fast for like 21-30 days lol

Here are my blood levels for anyone that's interested:

Testosterone: 7.64 ng/ml (1.65-7.53)
    SHBG: 45,27 nmol/l (14.55-94.64)
    Albumin: 50.4 g/l (36.6-51.0)
    Free Testosterone: 1.71 % or 0.131 µg/l
    TSH: 6.39 mlU/l (0.22-4.46)
    T3: 3.74 pg/ml (2.3-4.2)
    T4: 1.23 ng/dl (0.89-1.76)

So what's strange here is that my Total Testosterone seems to be at the top of the range (actually even a little higher), but not sure about my Free Testosterone. SHBG could be a little less, I checked and I apparently have the levels of a 50-60 year old man, optimal would be 35 nmol/l for my age, not 45.
    TSH seems to be out of control (they even mentioned suspected hypothyroidism on the finding), but T3 and T4 are in normal range, which is strange again.

Don't know what to make out of this...looking forward to probably do some more tests soon.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Supplement with Iodine or the Thyroid surrogate combo immediately. Even if you plan on fasting in the future.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.