Hi guys,

since Finasteride and Accutane share similar mechanisms and symptoms I thought I'd share my story here and create a little log for myself (and for you to see my eventual successes).

I'm trying to be as short as possible:
Took Accutane for probably two weeks in early 2014. I got erectile dysfunction/impotence from it and decided to drop it immediatly. After that my libido went up again, almost to normal highs, I would say it was like 70-80% from my normal sex drive (but I couldn't get excited anymore just from visual stimulation for example). My libido stayed like this for over a year, but I could get used to it and it was not a big problem (exercise and abstinence for a few days helped with this).

In summer 2015 I got a urinary tract infection and got treated three times with antibiotics (overall over 40 days antibiotics) and was left with zero libido after it. It got worse and worse and right now I'm in a state of severe anhedonia, chronic fatigue and a complete loss of sex drive and drive in general.

List of sympstoms include (among others):
-no libido
-sometimes ED, no morning wood
-no motivation, drive
-no feelings in general (anhedonia)
-fatigue, no energy (having trouble climbing up stairs or keeping balance sometimes e.g.)
-headache
-disturbed sleep, no dreams, waking up exhausted
-inflammation on my glans (due to fungal overgrowth I think; tried every cream known to mankind and nothing helped, so I try the internal approach now -> building up my gut flora)
-bad digestion
...and so on, you know the deal

I'm focusing on gut health right now (candida, parasites, dysbiosis) because that seems to be my major problem atm because of all the antibiotics. I think it will solve a lot of my problems (like I said, before I got the infection and took the antibiotics, the symptoms were negligible).

I'm basically following a mixture of these two protocols:
https://www.remedyspot.com/content/t...very-from-pfs/
How to eliminate Candida & biofilms » Gestalt Reality

Currently taking (a few months in):
-Interfase Plus: for dissolving of biofilms
-Zeolite: traps heavy metals relased by dissolving of biofilm
-Nystatin: to kill off Candida
-Berberine herb: antibacterial, antifungal, sometimes I'm alternating with other antifungals
-L-Glutamin: helps with die-off symptoms such as headache (glutathione precursor?)
-Vitamin C: helps with headache
-TUDCA: only sometimes, as liver protectant, also helps with headache
-Super Enzymes with almost every meal
-Ashwagandha: sometimes for sleep, really liked this herb but when I take it now before bed I seem to be tired the whole next day...
-Rhodiola: only sometimes when energy levels are really low because it seems to wipe out the tiny remaining part of my sex drive on the days I take it (this is kinda sad because it really helps big time with energy)
-Probiotics: VSL#3, Prescript Assist + Prebiotics: Resistant starch, Bimuno, Glucomannan, Amazing Green (this last one really makes me feel healthy lol) -> to repopulate gut with good guys
-Wormwood, black walnut, glove complex: to kill off potential parasites, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off
-Zink sometimes
-started also pine pollen powder (but only 2 days in) and I believe it gives me some acne back, so it seems to be working in terms of upping testosterone, not noticing anything in terms of libido or energy so far.

Also I'm doing a paleo diet since april, now including some cheese and good carbs. I'm aiming to do this till the end of the year and hopefully seeing some results in this time. After this gut thing is handled, I will jump on CDnuts' protocol.

Supplements I tried that were somewhat effective:
-Ashwagandha + Cordyceps combined (+few days of abstinence) gave me some libido on lucky days [BUT I also took a lot of herbs back then, not sure if it's correct to attribute it only to those two -> Chinese skullcap, Isatis, Houttuynia, Sida acuta, Uva ursi, Phellodendron, Bidens pilosa, Cryptolepis, Danshen, Juniper Berry to be precise, most of them antibacterial herbs)
-NAC: gave me some morning wood and dreams, but in the long run reduced my libido, appetite etc., I still use it sometimes
-L-Arginine: high dose helped with erection quality
-Mucuna pruriens together with EGCG: really works for motivation and drive, unfortunately did nothing for sex drive BUT I only take it sometimes, maybe once a week because of this "desensitizing dopamine receptors" thing. I will probably look for N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine with my next order to try out as a substitute
-Probiotics and prebiotics like described above: really gives me back some dreams and decent morning wood most of the days so far. But I'm only doing this for a week now, one shall be curious...

Supplements I tried that did nothing for me:
-Maca
-Blue Up, Stimulant Free (Tribulus, Avena Sativa and LongJack)
-Hericium
-Vitamin B Complex
-Vitamin D (gave me strange muscle twiches, not sure if it was the brand/capsule or the Vit D itself, I'll maybe look into a cream or sth.)

I really appreciate this forum, really needed something to write down my thoughts and share my experiences and achievements. I like this page because it focuses on winning out over this whole damn thing.

Together we can beat this shit!

11.08.2017:
Since tomorrow is my birthday I will have my first cheatday in months with a lot of cake and shit food, but will follow my protocol afterwards as strict as before.