Quote Originally Posted by Sploicers View Post
Yeah I think a lot of people are not understanding fully what Ridd is actually saying. He isn't saying that the symptoms are just mental (as in we are making this up in our mind). I think he is pointing out that the placebo effect is very real and that by believing in something enough, it will happen. In this case, 100% believing in recovery can shape your mind into actually forcing you to recover.

Believing you can recover can actually physically change your mind into going back into the pre-PFS state. I remember back in the beginning of this I read that some people on SP got rashes. I started freaking out and guess what? Literally an hour later I got a huge rash on my forehead. The first time it ever happened. I laughed at how ridiculous it was and it vanished a few hours later. My mind gave me a fucking rash because it said online. That was a turning point for me in understanding exactly what the mind can do.

I also think that's what english was saying.
this is EXACTLY what I'm saying. I'm happy you were able to pick that out and I think it's telling that others didn't actually see this. but then again I wrote a book and your paragraph is easier to interpret haha.

I never said PFS sides are in your head people. but, it is in fact in our head that an equal part of the remedy lies, along with the protocol. As CD says, your mind, your belief is the glue that will hold the protocol together. They both must be in harmony.

Sure, some people may recover with just physical changes while others may recover with just mental changes, but the fact is that your mind and your body will work together synergistically towards the quickest recovery. This absolutely needs to be emphasized repeatedly, especially as the overall "mood" of the forum has been gloomy lately.