User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sploicers View Post
    Yeah I think a lot of people are not understanding fully what Ridd is actually saying. He isn't saying that the symptoms are just mental (as in we are making this up in our mind). I think he is pointing out that the placebo effect is very real and that by believing in something enough, it will happen. In this case, 100% believing in recovery can shape your mind into actually forcing you to recover.

Believing you can recover can actually physically change your mind into going back into the pre-PFS state. I remember back in the beginning of this I read that some people on SP got rashes. I started freaking out and guess what? Literally an hour later I got a huge rash on my forehead. The first time it ever happened. I laughed at how ridiculous it was and it vanished a few hours later. My mind gave me a fucking rash because it said online. That was a turning point for me in understanding exactly what the mind can do.

I also think that's what english was saying.
    this is EXACTLY what I'm saying. I'm happy you were able to pick that out and I think it's telling that others didn't actually see this. but then again I wrote a book and your paragraph is easier to interpret haha.

I never said PFS sides are in your head people. but, it is in fact in our head that an equal part of the remedy lies, along with the protocol. As CD says, your mind, your belief is the glue that will hold the protocol together. They both must be in harmony.

Sure, some people may recover with just physical changes while others may recover with just mental changes, but the fact is that your mind and your body will work together synergistically towards the quickest recovery. This absolutely needs to be emphasized repeatedly, especially as the overall "mood" of the forum has been gloomy lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the underlying message here, and I agree with it, but it just wasn't presented well in the opening post. Specifically, I take major exception to the comment below. I don't agree at all with doctors on this. This is what the medical establishment wants to portray as to say Fin doesn't cause these side effects. As a matter of fact, I have a whole different view on doctors (even ones with good intentions) after PFS hit me. I believe this is the case with most that have/had PFS.

"English believes that 90% of PFS is mental. We have all the tools to recover and I know it's kind of ironic to hear what doctors have been telling us. It's in our heads."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meegs View Post
    I get the underlying message here, and I agree with it, but it just wasn't presented well in the opening post. Specifically, I take major exception to the comment below. I don't agree at all with doctors on this. This is what the medical establishment wants to portray as to say Fin doesn't cause these side effects. As a matter of fact, I have a whole different view on doctors (even ones with good intentions) after PFS hit me. I believe this is the case with most that have/had PFS.

"English believes that 90% of PFS is mental. We have all the tools to recover and I know it's kind of ironic to hear what doctors have been telling us. It's in our heads."
    sure I could have presented this in a way that was easier to interpret, but I tried to be as thorough as possible here. I don't want you to misconstrue and misunderstand what I said, I believe you are still not getting what I'm saying here if that's what you're choosing to focus on, and you're kind of proving my point here I hope you realize.

put the whole paragraph in context and you will see:

"English believes that 90% of PFS is mental. We have all the tools to recover and I know it's kind of ironic to hear what doctors have been telling us. It's in our heads. Not exactly in the way they know it. however I think that what we all have in common is that we believe we have this disease that we have told ourselves is permanent. I believe that we have been brought out of hormonal balance and simply by getting out of our negative states, by focusing on this positive reinforcement and reshaping the way our brain fires we can recover. This isn't just my opinion, but a fact that neuroscientists have proven countless times. You are what you believe."

I'm not attacking you or anyone, i'm not claiming that your sides are in your head. I believe all of our sides are very real. But I also believe that our very belief system can help or hinder us the very most in our recovery process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are several things in the opening post that I don't agree with personally, with PFS being 90% mental being #1 as I mentioned. I could go on, but don't want people to get the wrong impression of me.

Bottom line is that, as I stated a number of times, I understand the importance of the mind as it relates to recovery.

I have other things to focus on and this isn't a contest to me to try and prove a point. If you feel that you proved a point, I'm happy for you.

Wish you and everyone all the best. Now let's just get back to recovering.