Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slade's Recovery Log

Hi Everyone,

Long time pfs guy here, took the poison back in 2011 when I was just 18. Just a week on, felt terrible, threw the bottle away and crashed hard. All the symptoms from no libido to lethargy and huge brain fog.

Since then I have spent most of the years on raypeatforum.com, eating a high sugar, low pufa diet. Drinking lots of coffee too. I improved somewhat, but really only started feeling better after I began taking DHEA/Pregnenelone, which gave me a little boost in DHT and Allopregnenalone. I also tried taking thyroid for the last year or so, because it is supposed to upregulate 5ar. A few weeks ago I dropped all thyroid, hormones and began to finally lower my coffee intake (was drinking like as much as 50oz each day!), to see where my baseline was. I felt pretty crappy. I still have brain fog, lowish libido, and now I have nerve pains in my forearms, hands and back. I also get headaches, earaches and a strange pressure in the back of my head/neck which is worrisome. My nerves are sick of this, it's been 8 years, I need to recover!

So I decided to totally shift gears and dive into the TMO protocol:
    -I have started the paleo diet with carb backloading and am feeling less anxious (less coffee and sugar I assume)
    -trying to do the workouts with weights, but so far my joint pain is preventing me from going hard.
    -I want to order the herbs but am confused as to which ones I should start with and how to cycle them.
    -I orderred some Androhard and am really hoping a cycle will improve my symptoms!

I have plenty of questions:
    What kind of foods are good for carb backloading? Is pasta okay? Juices? Milk?
    How do you cycle the herbs? Just pick any 4 and go? There are so many of them, I don't know where to start.

Any advice and support is VERY APPRECIATED. I am just sick to death of this holding me back for so long....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, you must be sladerunner69 i remember reading your post about pfs over there in my darkest days!

You should read the whole TMO website but to answer your questions, for carb backloading use complex carbs like sweet potatos, potatos, glutenfree pasta, corncrackers, glutenfree oats... Yes, i drink lactosefree milk and i make my own fruit juices. You can cycle any of the herbs listed, each one day with the suggested dosage on the bottle. My first herbs were tongkat, tribulus, butea superba, cordyceps, pine pollen, mucuna.

Didnt you already cycled androsterone? I think you reported about improved sensitivity but got headaches from it so you decided you wanna go with niacinamide!?

You got this!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the herbs, it is important to cycle at least 7 minimum. If you can afford it, it would be even better to cycle 21 herbs. You take one dose of one herb per day, and move that herb to the back of the pile. This prevents you from building a tolerance to that herb; if you take any herb too regularly, you will quickly build up a tolerance and it will lose its effectiveness.

The pro-hormones should only be considered after you have been doing the program for at least several months.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsemilia View Post
    Hey, you must be sladerunner69 i remember reading your post about pfs over there in my darkest days!

You should read the whole TMO website but to answer your questions, for carb backloading use complex carbs like sweet potatos, potatos, glutenfree pasta, corncrackers, glutenfree oats... Yes, i drink lactosefree milk and i make my own fruit juices. You can cycle any of the herbs listed, each one day with the suggested dosage on the bottle. My first herbs were tongkat, tribulus, butea superba, cordyceps, pine pollen, mucuna.

Didnt you already cycled androsterone? I think you reported about improved sensitivity but got headaches from it so you decided you wanna go with niacinamide!?

You got this!
    Wow I'm glad I could help! I know those days seemed impossibly rough.

Niacinamide certainly helps but did not completely cure me. I am now looking to get back to 100% and beyond.

Yes I did take a very little androsterone - probably just 10-20mg. It is hard to say because it was 1mg suspended in dmso, so the potency is unknown. I only used it once in a while, because I didn't see it as a potential cure, and probably only doses it fewer than 10 times total. So, this was nowhere near the 400mg-600mg daily dosage being recommended here. Further, after thinking about it recently, I realized that I had bad reactions to all of the DMSO supplements. They would give me headaches and make my eyes hurt, from progesterone to keto dht etc. I am thinking maybe it wasn't the androsterone after all, and it is definitely worth another try.

Okay I did go through the entire site and it is now much more clear. What did you notice when cycling the herbs? They are fairly expensive and I am going to have to save up a bit more before I can order them.

Also, are you drinking juice/milk during the day or just for carb backloading? I am wondering what a safe amount of carbohydrate/sugar is during the day. I think I feel better after having fruit and juice, and am used to trying to keep my blood sugar stable.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    For the herbs, it is important to cycle at least 7 minimum. If you can afford it, it would be even better to cycle 21 herbs. You take one dose of one herb per day, and move that herb to the back of the pile. This prevents you from building a tolerance to that herb; if you take any herb too regularly, you will quickly build up a tolerance and it will lose its effectiveness.

The pro-hormones should only be considered after you have been doing the program for at least several months.
    Great, I will definitely try that once I have ordered 7 herbs. I can't afford much right now. What did you notice from the herb rotation? Many positives?

Also I ordered some prohormones but am now thinking it may be best to wait it out. I have been trying quite hard to eat cleanly and live very low stress for years, but it hasn't seemed to do all that much for increasing my 5ar. I have taken androsterone/dht in the past, with good effects, but never stuck with it, and used very small amounts.

When I tried 5-keto DHT for the first time a few years ago I felt awesome, like I was nearly cured. All anxiety gone. After a few days I began to get tired though, so I stopped. I probably should have marched on with it, as the dht does help to improve 5ar and ultimately heal us. Instead, I switched back to dhea/pregnenelone/coffee.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slader1 View Post
    Great, I will definitely try that once I have ordered 7 herbs. I can't afford much right now. What did you notice from the herb rotation? Many positives?

Also I ordered some prohormones but am now thinking it may be best to wait it out. I have been trying quite hard to eat cleanly and live very low stress for years, but it hasn't seemed to do all that much for increasing my 5ar. I have taken androsterone/dht in the past, with good effects, but never stuck with it, and used very small amounts.

When I tried 5-keto DHT for the first time a few years ago I felt awesome, like I was nearly cured. All anxiety gone. After a few days I began to get tired though, so I stopped. I probably should have marched on with it, as the dht does help to improve 5ar and ultimately heal us. Instead, I switched back to dhea/pregnenelone/coffee.
    Personally, I have felt the most noticable results from pine pollen tincture, by far. The regular pine pollen also gives me more noticable results than the other herbs. If you have a limited budget, I’d put the pine pollen tincture at the top of the list. Lost Empire also has some one-time discount codes you can find online, for like 20% off, but it’s better to use that for a large order since you can only use it once. And I’d order through CDsnuts’s affiliate link to help him out for everything he does, for free, to help guys in this situation. He could have kept his secret to himself instead of sharing it, and facing backlash from the PH forum. But he didn’t, and so I think it’s fair for him to get a cut of the small amount of money we spend on the herbs.

I consistently had bad reactions to Eluthero - I got extreme insomnia every time I took the recommended two doses. However, I'm extremely sensitive to stimulants. If I have a small coffee at 8 AM, I will be wide awake at 2:30 AM, wondering why I can’t fall asleep. If I have two cups of coffee, I feel a mild euphoric buzz for a few hours afterwards - yes, I literally get high on coffee. If you have normal sensitivity to stimulants like coffee then you should be fine with eluthero, but it’s a good idea to see if any of the herbs cause you problems like that.

The herb rotation, etc, led to noticable gains pretty quickly, and there were times when I felt cured for 3 - 10 days at a time. Other times, like now, are slump times. However, I think there’s an overall upward trend, and if you compare my slumps now to the ones before, there is still upward progress.

Reducing your stress and eating cleanly are necessary, but not sufficient. Same thing with sleep. You won’t get cured if you’re sleeping 4 hours a night, but getting 8 or 9 hours per night also won’t cure you. You have to be doing a whole bunch of things right, on an extended basis, and then you’ll make progress over time.

I would recommend saving money on whatever you can, or maybe picking up extra hours at work or doing a side gig for awhile, and prioritize saving up for the herbs you’ll need. You won’t get better over time without the herbs, in my opinion.

I’ve never taken DHEA or pregnenelone, or 5-keto DHT, but there are many, many stories on PH where people have searched for one magic bullet, and it has never worked. They have spent tens of thousands of hours trying different miracle cures, and best case scenario, they find something that helps for a few days and then it stops working. That may have been what you experienced. The CDsnuts protocol seems to result in a gradual upward shift, with peaks and valleys. So I would just stick with the protocol rather than experimenting with other things.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I noticed big improvements in mood in around two months from the herb rotation. I don't really "feel" the herbs individually but over time they do help. Imo it's best to just "set it and forget it" like CD says. Over time you'll notice your life get easier and easier. This has been my experience pretty much.

And yeah I use CD's affiliate links too. I think he deserves it for all the information he's given out for free. Imagine if he never told us how he recovered? We'd all be fucked

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    Personally, I have felt the most noticable results from pine pollen tincture, by far. The regular pine pollen also gives me more noticable results than the other herbs. If you have a limited budget, I’d put the pine pollen tincture at the top of the list. Lost Empire also has some one-time discount codes you can find online, for like 20% off, but it’s better to use that for a large order since you can only use it once. And I’d order through CDsnuts’s affiliate link to help him out for everything he does, for free, to help guys in this situation. He could have kept his secret to himself instead of sharing it, and facing backlash from the PH forum. But he didn’t, and so I think it’s fair for him to get a cut of the small amount of money we spend on the herbs.

I consistently had bad reactions to Eluthero - I got extreme insomnia every time I took the recommended two doses. However, I'm extremely sensitive to stimulants. If I have a small coffee at 8 AM, I will be wide awake at 2:30 AM, wondering why I can’t fall asleep. If I have two cups of coffee, I feel a mild euphoric buzz for a few hours afterwards - yes, I literally get high on coffee. If you have normal sensitivity to stimulants like coffee then you should be fine with eluthero, but it’s a good idea to see if any of the herbs cause you problems like that.

The herb rotation, etc, led to noticable gains pretty quickly, and there were times when I felt cured for 3 - 10 days at a time. Other times, like now, are slump times. However, I think there’s an overall upward trend, and if you compare my slumps now to the ones before, there is still upward progress.

Reducing your stress and eating cleanly are necessary, but not sufficient. Same thing with sleep. You won’t get cured if you’re sleeping 4 hours a night, but getting 8 or 9 hours per night also won’t cure you. You have to be doing a whole bunch of things right, on an extended basis, and then you’ll make progress over time.

I would recommend saving money on whatever you can, or maybe picking up extra hours at work or doing a side gig for awhile, and prioritize saving up for the herbs you’ll need. You won’t get better over time without the herbs, in my opinion.

I’ve never taken DHEA or pregnenelone, or 5-keto DHT, but there are many, many stories on PH where people have searched for one magic bullet, and it has never worked. They have spent tens of thousands of hours trying different miracle cures, and best case scenario, they find something that helps for a few days and then it stops working. That may have been what you experienced. The CDsnuts protocol seems to result in a gradual upward shift, with peaks and valleys. So I would just stick with the protocol rather than experimenting with other things.
    I took a look and can't find the affiliate links anywhere. Are they on CD's profile page?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I took a look and can't find the affiliate links anywhere. Are they on CD's profile page?
    Everything you need you can get from my website. That's why I created it.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow I'm glad I could help! I know those days seemed impossibly rough.

Niacinamide certainly helps but did not completely cure me. I am now looking to get back to 100% and beyond.

Yes I did take a very little androsterone - probably just 10-20mg. It is hard to say because it was 1mg suspended in dmso, so the potency is unknown. I only used it once in a while, because I didn't see it as a potential cure, and probably only doses it fewer than 10 times total. So, this was nowhere near the 400mg-600mg daily dosage being recommended here. Further, after thinking about it recently, I realized that I had bad reactions to all of the DMSO supplements. They would give me headaches and make my eyes hurt, from progesterone to keto dht etc. I am thinking maybe it wasn't the androsterone after all, and it is definitely worth another try.

Okay I did go through the entire site and it is now much more clear. What did you notice when cycling the herbs? They are fairly expensive and I am going to have to save up a bit more before I can order them.

Also, are you drinking juice/milk during the day or just for carb backloading? I am wondering what a safe amount of carbohydrate/sugar is during the day. I think I feel better after having fruit and juice, and am used to trying to keep my blood sugar stable.
    I know its tricky sometimes to really feel effects from supplements and make sense out of it with this condition.
    But when i started using them they improved sleep, energy, libido, muscle tone...
    I drink milk and juice every day but in moderate amount.