User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitamin D feeling wired

I started with 10,000 iu of vitamin D and was noticing positive effects like increased BO and muscle gains, soon after however i started feeling more wired and waking up un refreshed. Morning wood stopped at this time too. I dropped the dosage down to 2,200 iu and am noticing the same effects. Should I keep on supplementing with it in hopes that my body will grow to tolerate it? Or maybe my body can't handle it properly and I should stop taking it..

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and i've been taking 400 mg magnesium daily with vitamin k

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would do 1000IU per 40 pounds of body weight. the 10 000 IU number is for people with a higher BW or are deficient. Too much vitamin d can also be toxic.

I'm 160 pounds so I do 4000IU and blood tests show I'm in the good range.

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try getting enough magnesium. I became severely deficient in vitamin d after crashing but even 2000ui would give me side effects. After i started taking magnesium with it and having epsom salt baths a few times a week i could take 10000+ ui day without any issues.

My understanding is that magnesium is needed for vitamin d to convert into it's active form and vitamin d uses up magnesium so if your low in rbc magnesium you will have issues.