User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cistanche Tubulosa increases 5ar 2 gene expression 2-15 fold in the liver.

I have just ordered a few herbs to start the protocol.

I have been doing some research on each to check that none of them have any similar action to Saw Palmetto or Nettle root and I came across this interesting study.

1. The effect on male hormone production gene expression in the liver
    Influence of Cistanche Tubulosa extract (CT Ext.) on the expression of genes of
    enzymes involved in the synthesis of male hormone (testosterone) and its active form
    (dihydrotestosterone) in the liver was examined. Cistanche Tubulosa extract (400
    mg/kg) was administered to mice once a day for two weeks and the total RNA in the
    liver was derived. DNA micro array analysis was conducted on one specimen each of
    the control group and Cistanche Tubulosa extract administration group. In the specimen
    from the Cistanche Tubulosa extract administration group, the expression of
    3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3β-HSD), which is involved in testosterone, was
    enhanced by 1.5 times. The expression of the genes of steroid 5α-reductase 2 and
    aldo-keto reductase, which the synthesis of dihydrotestosterone, doubled (Fig. 35). Then,
    the expression of genes not included in the targets of micro array analysis, except for
    C17-20 lyase, was examined by RT-PCR. As a result, the gene expression of P450 SCC,
    17α-hydroxylase, 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, and steroid 5α-reductase 2 was
    enhanced (Fig. 36). Especially, gene expression of 5α-reductase 2 was 15 times higher
    as compared to the control group. These results clarified that Cistanche Tubulosa extract
    (400 mg/kg) enhances the expression of genes of enzymes involved in the production of
    male hormone in the liver.

Page 34

http://www.oryza.co.jp/html/english/...a%20ver1.0.pdf

That study shows a lot of other interesting finds regarding neurotransmitters etc. Most of the things would be beneficial to someone with PFS. Not getting my hopes up but it would be nice to have some sort of relief even if it is only temporary.

I believe Saw Palmetto did a number on my liver. Before crashing my SHBG was around 30 nmol/l. Now it does not go much below 49. Maybe this and Tongkat Ali could help me in this area.

Anyway, I figured it would be of interest to some of you.

I will keep you posted.
    Last edited by Lookingforhelp; 08-20-2017 at 05:56 AM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting. how do you relate SHBG to liver though? I have high SHBG

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    interesting. how do you relate SHBG to liver though? I have high SHBG
    SHBG is produced mostly in the liver. DHT is known to lower SHBG hence why more 5ar activity in the liver could possibly help. Personally when I trailed TRT for a few months not even exogenous Testosterone lowered my SHBG that much. Only by a few points...

I am just speculating to what 5ARI's could possibly do. High SHBG is an issue with me too and is one of the things that holds me back. I have good T numbers but my free androgen index is not great.

However, SHBG can be raised for various other reasons so again, just speculation.
    Last edited by Lookingforhelp; 08-20-2017 at 05:55 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, my SHBG was super high above normal range last time I checked and free T was low. Also, according to Ori Hofmekler stress/cortisol can bind to free T via SHBG disabling it.

I used Boron for about a month 9mg which is supposed to be effective at lower sHBG also a lot of cdnuts herbs eg) tongkat ali lower shbg

I've been able to have sex for the past 3 weeks, so seeing progress slowly after being completely impotent for 1-2 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, my SHBG was super high above normal range last time I checked and free T was low. Also, according to Ori Hofmekler stress/cortisol can bind to free T via SHBG disabling it.

I used Boron for about a month 9mg which is supposed to be effective at lower sHBG also a lot of cdnuts herbs eg) tongkat ali lower shbg

I've been able to have sex for the past 3 weeks, so seeing progress slowly after being completely impotent for 1-2 months.

Thats really encouraging. I have been taking boron too for a while but have not noticed much difference yet. Just wondering if you are issues are from Propecia or saw palmetto?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my issues is from topical anti-androgen called RU58841 I believe. I was sold on it because it was allegedly safer than finasteride but unforetunately the case for me.

it's stronger than both when systemic as it blocks ALL dht receptors and I think testosterne too. don't exactly wtf happened to me still lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my issues is from topical anti-androgen called RU58841 I believe. I was sold on it because it was allegedly safer than finasteride but unforetunately the case for me.

it's stronger than both when systemic as it blocks ALL dht receptors and I think testosterne too. don't exactly wtf happened to me still lol
    Shit man. I have heard about that stuff. Praying you keep getting better! Keep me posted.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks bro. yeah for sure will. if i can recover will lay out everything I did.

with my current lifestyle I'd say I'm about 70% but I don't know exactly how good I would be if I stop supplements/herbs etc.

if I was taking this much stuff pre-crash I would probably be like 150% lol.

i crashed June 2nd. Took RU58841 one time April 24th. Each month Ive kinda been improving by like 20% as I learn more shit and implement. June was a horror story lol.
    Last edited by jacknap; 08-21-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks bro. yeah for sure will. if i can recover will lay out everything I did.

with my current lifestyle I'd say I'm about 70% but I don't know exactly how good I would be if I stop supplements/herbs etc.

if I was taking this much stuff pre-crash I would probably be like 150% lol.

i crashed June 2nd. Took RU58841 one time April 24th. Each month Ive kinda been improving by like 20% as I learn more shit and implement. June was a horror story lol.
    What are you exactly doing?...Following the protocol + boron or what else?