Thread: K.I.S.S.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K.I.S.S.

Keep. It. Simple. Stupid.

I'm not here to tell you what to do, or that my way or CDs way is the highway and you'll be forever fucked unless you do this. I'm sure there's other ways you can recover as well as the one that is advised mainly here. I've actually used things that weren't in CDs toolbox during my recovery, such as near the end I supplemented with the (all natural) thyroid surrogates combo. Basically just added niacinamide and aspirin to the caffeine I was already taking. That being said, I get it. New ideas are always sexier and you want to try them. Maybe they'll speed it up. Nothing ever gets here fast enough in our new society.

I'm saying this, because I'm noticing a disturbing trend here. I view Ray Peat Forum on the daily, mainly because of the overall health benefits and tweaks (ice cream b4 bed, IdeaLabs supplements, Fresh squeezed OJ, etc.) that I can apply to my own life. After a completely disturbing and life altering experience like PFS, I like to do things to ensure I never lose my health again. Once you've come from hell they say, you'll do everything you can to ensure you never have to go back. On viewing this forum, I notice a lot of the same names as on here, contributing to PFS threads that are suggesting multiple protocols that are experimental from using antiprogestin pharma, to using 5ARIs again and weening off, to clomid (guys, can we please let this one go after years and years...) among other things. That's all fine and dandy, I'm all for people doing what they can to heal and improve theirselves. Action will always be preferred to sitting still and bitching.

.....that being said, guys, you cant mix all of these things and try everything at once. Find something or a protocol that intrigues you and stick to it for a year and see where you're at and reevaluate. Doing all these different things at once is like drinking from a fucking fire hose and wondering why you're drowning. Then everyone has the audacity to blame whatever protocol (like pine pollen and cordyceps for crashing, really lol?) instead of just admitting they over did it. Less is more here fellas...... consistently do SOMETHING. Not everything you've ever heard of.

I stay around PFS boards because I want to give back, I want to pay it forward......I believe if you've made it to where you want to be in life, you should send the elevator back down. I practice this in business and I did in the military, and I'm trying to do it here, but if the trend continues I will no longer be answering PMs or contributing to this subforum. The last few topics on here are identical to PH and Solve PFS. Frantic ideas and bashing......no thanks, that's not our M.O. here.

Own your own life - do what you must. Just don't do it ALL.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last thing we need is for you guys to leave. I'd far prefer deleting the offending threads/posts to keep the forum clean. The knowledge of those who recovered is invaluable to those of us still making the journey. I'm sorry the last few threads have given you pause.

Also... what is this ice cream before bed you speak of?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 K8668B's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought i had been noticing that too. You know, after a decade or so of suffering, and then finally realizing it was PFS, i originally was only on Solvepfs for about one month. I instinctively knew that i had to find a protocol, stick with it, and just do it. After that one month, i picked the protocol that i thought made the most sense, and ive been on here ever since. But when i was on solvepfs, it was just like you mentioned, 8 million ideas all at once, every single day. "try this", "try that". so much of that shit all at once that i made my fucking head spin. actually it DIDNT make my head spin, because i knew better. Raypeat forum kinda seems like that too. Im all for finding the "missing piece of the puzzle", but there is no magic bullet. I might respond well to a random certain prohormone, but i need to have an ENTIRE protocol in place, and everything else all in place at once as well.
    Always improve, always evolve, never give up.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Durantia37's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K8668B View Post
    I thought i had been noticing that too. You know, after a decade or so of suffering, and then finally realizing it was PFS, i originally was only on Solvepfs for about one month. I instinctively knew that i had to find a protocol, stick with it, and just do it. After that one month, i picked the protocol that i thought made the most sense, and ive been on here ever since. But when i was on solvepfs, it was just like you mentioned, 8 million ideas all at once, every single day. "try this", "try that". so much of that shit all at once that i made my fucking head spin. actually it DIDNT make my head spin, because i knew better. Raypeat forum kinda seems like that too. Im all for finding the "missing piece of the puzzle", but there is no magic bullet. I might respond well to a random certain prohormone, but i need to have an ENTIRE protocol in place, and everything else all in place at once as well.
    The Ray Peat forum makes my head spin as well. I think there's a little bit of mental illness going on there. Nothing like PH though.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I may just go full on Dictator and send those threads to the gulag.

I've been warning guys for a bit now, but they just don't seem to get it.

This subforum is dedicated to using the natural methods that are discussed here. That's it.

Anything else is going to be deleted. I hate to do it, because I'm all about free speech, but you guys know how this ends up if we let it go unbridled. It turns into another shit hole like PH, etc.

That's not going to happen here.

And, if we lose some new guys because of it....oh well. That just means they weren't meant for this place to begin with. Some time you gotta break some eggs to make a nice omelette.

If any of you guys can't find your ridiculous thread about injecting horse piss to recover, it's because I deleted it.

The warnings are over, the deletions are going to start.....
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 08-29-2017 at 06:31 AM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mal View Post
    The last thing we need is for you guys to leave. I'd far prefer deleting the offending threads/posts to keep the forum clean. The knowledge of those who recovered is invaluable to those of us still making the journey. I'm sorry the last few threads have given you pause.

Also... what is this ice cream before bed you speak of?
    Ice Cream before bed is a way of keeping your body from going hypothyroid during sleep and helps for better sleep and muscle gains (or it has for me). Make sure you get a good ice cream like Haagen Daaz with natural ingredients and no fillers. I also really didn't incorporate this until I was on the cusp of recovery.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes I recall tim ferriss also saying that an apple before bed can help cause sometimes wakings are cuz of blood sugar crashes

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is why backloading works so well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 08-28-2017 at 06:55 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 K8668B's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Backloading is fucking amazing! Works wonders for me! I always did too occasionally back in the day, not knowing i was even doing it.. but those would be the mornings i woke up jacked and pumped, and fuller and even leaner too. Hell, it even works immediately upon consumption too
    Always improve, always evolve, never give up.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is nothing like eating a shit load of carbs before bed after a nice heavy work out only to wake up nice and lean with a slight pump in all of your muscles. It's a great feeling.