User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shop at tjs all the time. I'm gonna get huge now!!!!! Lots of French toast and Dunkers!

Great post though guys that pre cooked chicken tastes like shit. Horrible meat quality
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BR99TAL View Post
    "precooked" chicken repackaged for microwave use???
    holy smokes!!! and i thought those pesticide laws for foods in spain - where most gets imported to us - are nasty.
    we got precooked turkey, 10min in the microwave

gross, but better than a mcckicken i guess

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    we got precooked turkey, 10min in the microwave

gross, but better than a mcckicken i guess
    Did you start eating a little meat again?

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eating is the most under-rated aspect of bodybuilding. The best eaters are usually the best competitiors. But to make it to the elite level, you have to do the drug cocktail. You can eat all you want, but without the the drugs, it's not gonna happen.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Insulin and androgens are responsible for abdominal distention, not GH.
    I thought it was common knowledge that taking all the growth hormone makes ur liver secrete IGF1, and the intestines have some of the highest IGF1 receptors, so their intestines become enlarged leading to a protruding stomach. This is not true at all?

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate3993 View Post
    I thought it was common knowledge that taking all the growth hormone makes ur liver secrete IGF1, and the intestines have some of the highest IGF1 receptors, so their intestines become enlarged leading to a protruding stomach. This is not true at all?
    Think of it this way: if that were true, then the entire GI would become so enlarged and inflamed that digestion would not be possible. GH is metabolized into IGF-1, but it does not make the liver secrete IGF-1 when taken exogenously. Now, GH usage may be indirectly involved due to insulin resistance and the need for higher doses of insulin, which would lead to extra VAT, but it is not the primary culprit. One thing that is not stressed enough is the actual stretching of the stomach due to the amount of food that these guys eat every day.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dam. I feel so un-knowledgeable now. I pride myself on my hormone/ bodybuilding info, but I guess I didn't do my research here. They do eat crazy amounts, but Arnold DID eat 6-7 lbs of meat a day, and god knows how many carbs, fats, etc so it's not like in his day they didnt eat a shit ton too. I'd say it's more drugs than food in these cases. But interesting on the HGH. I'm like shocked though how little it turns out I knew on this. I mean, there's much more advanced things about hormones I know, but I didn't know why pro's stomach's were so huge? I shall now verbally abuse myself for the next week. Haha

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel you nate, i'm a small fry when it comes to knowledge, less so than you probably. I still think "drug belly" is mostly about drugs and not so much about food. Other things do factor in though I bet. Types of excercises performed could cause belly/waist expansion- squats, deadlifts. One guru I believe said it had lot to do also, with the amount of muscle these guys put on nowadays. the competitors are shorter, but are heavier, and that the muscle must go somewhere. If you think about it, every muscle is going to grow, obliques, abs and so on. So it's a combination of everything I guess. Genetics play a big role too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    One thing that is not stressed enough is the actual stretching of the stomach due to the amount of food that these guys eat every day.
    beat me to it, wanted to come back to this but hit the gym.....10meals a day will do that, and the gh will keep the skin infront of it thin, hence the extended abs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nate3993 View Post
    Dam. I feel so un-knowledgeable now. I pride myself on my hormone/ bodybuilding info, but I guess I didn't do my research here. They do eat crazy amounts, but Arnold DID eat 6-7 lbs of meat a day, and god knows how many carbs, fats, etc so it's not like in his day they didnt eat a shit ton too. I'd say it's more drugs than food in these cases. But interesting on the HGH. I'm like shocked though how little it turns out I knew on this. I mean, there's much more advanced things about hormones I know, but I didn't know why pro's stomach's were so huge? I shall now verbally abuse myself for the next week. Haha
    ill guess that arnold's 4hr+ workouts helped metabolize the food better than the standard 1hr15 these days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolazice View Post
    Did you start eating a little meat again?
    im at the grocery store alot, and im an observant person........no meat, i do however contemplate what meat could do for me, itd prob be more effective than aas at the stage im at