User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    This year I will start my own search for free range this and that, plus a mother fucking trader joes! Yeah, i'm going all in this year, why not? But not all at once mind you. I'll keep adding in something good on a regular basis.
    Huge trader joes up in silverdale noa. About 45 north of Tacoma up the 16 and 3.
    Actually the biggest one ive ever seen
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    Yeah, i'm going all in this year, why not? But not all at once mind you. I'll keep adding in something good on a regular basis.
    you must be bad at poker dude!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate3993 View Post
    IMO, just watching the shopping videos gives you a pretty good idea of what to do. if it were contest prep though, i could see paying.
    this 100x ^^^^^
    not just food, but with everything

- whats best program to build quality muscle? just fkn go lift something heavy
    - how long is best in the gym? 45min 1hr15? i see different answers? uhhh, just fkn go to the gym and end when you think its done
    - what protein is best for prewo?prebed? at 3:26pm? should i wake up and drink a shake? honestly wtf, eat/drink enough of it throughout the day whatever kind it is
    - whats best grip for chins? deads? db curl? uh whatever enables you to pick the shit up probably

so yes the guy is smart, and definitely worth the coin that vaillant is paying, but hes going to the ironman, most of us are just improving our physiques.....at the end of the day its real damn easy, eat good (be it wild planet tuna or the $1 walmart tuna itll work), train often and when you are there actually train........and its magic how shit happens with consistency.....wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeen you think you are in such great shape you can compete, then yeah hire one of these guys

there was a question about timing of carbs and aminos intra workout in another thread, and i too found it interesting and said fuck it ill try it.....lasted a day, the methodology i dont argue, the sipping at this time then drink from this cup then 30min later this one, now sip here ect ect, just seemed over complicating for myself for the 5% difference it might ultimately make

heres an example, friend, hes 23, paid this high end trainer a lot for a diet and program,wanted size, brought it to the gym with him and everything followed to a fkn T.....i asked wtf is that, took a look and thought damn that money shoulda went on money, i woulda done you a program off my head in 5min, 3less pages and itd prob work better.....he wanted to run its course seeing he was out hundreds, then switched to mine, which really was just a general 5-10min discussion and not a 1hr app......guess which worked

****fuck i just woke up, rant over, meadows is great, i like his thinking training wise and i learn a little every time i listen to him......but hes not life changing lol

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    this 100x ^^^^^
    not just food, but with everything

- whats best program to build quality muscle? just fkn go lift something heavy I have tried soo many different routines, each "better" than the one I was on at the time. Yet I keep going back to one, and it is because it works, stopped carrying about what the newest one
    - how long is best in the gym? 45min 1hr15? i see different answers? uhhh, just fkn go to the gym and end when you think its doneIt is crazy how short I am in the gym somedays, and long other days, I go by feel.
    - what protein is best for prewo?prebed? at 3:26pm? should i wake up and drink a shake? honestly wtf, eat/drink enough of it throughout the day whatever kind it isOutside of when I tried intensive carb cycling, I can't remember the last time I timed anything.
    - whats best grip for chins? deads? db curl? uh whatever enables you to pick the shit up probably Same thought process.
    Great post and couldn't agree more.

The only thing I was slightly indifferent on, is I do think there can be good that comes out of hiring a trainer of higher calibur, even for the amateur. Now granted, I wouldn't pay nearly what he wants, but having someone who has extensive pre-contest knowledge, particularly in the hormone department, could be of benefit, especially when dealing with certain hormones for the first time. That said, hiring someone of this calibur and expecting a life change is a very big waste of money.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DJM I don't what it is but your post really get across to me and you are completely correct.
    I gave my ex shit for hiring a trainer last year so I can't turn around and hire one ill never even meet. Lol
    I'm real good about sticking with something after is dump some cash into the hobby. With this hobby I'll just spend a bunch on food and more equipment. I hate seeing things go to waste.
    Plus I know as soon as I'm in my own house I'll be able to get leaner and bigger by eating lots of good healthy food.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way to describe 99.999% of people in the gym is a quote that Wendler uses, "Give someone 90% of what to do and all they will do is freak out about the remaining 10%."

I would venture to say that almost all threads are made regarding that 10% and trying to micromanage and manipulate variables that may have 1% difference.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The best way to describe 99.999% of people in the gym is a quote that Wendler uses, "Give someone 90% of what to do and all they will do is freak out about the remaining 10%."

I would venture to say that almost all threads are made regarding that 10% and trying to micromanage and manipulate variables that may have 1% difference.
    love that guy, his thinking, to date that vid on his thoughts bout the internet is one of the best and everyone should see it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    DJM I don't what it is but your post really get across to me and you are completely correct.
    I gave my ex shit for hiring a trainer last year so I can't turn around and hire one ill never even meet. Lol
    I'm real good about sticking with something after is dump some cash into the hobby. With this hobby I'll just spend a bunch on food and more equipment. I hate seeing things go to waste.
    Plus I know as soon as I'm in my own house I'll be able to get leaner and bigger by eating lots of good healthy food.
    i think i know enough to help some people, including my wife, who has paid a trainer, dietition, another program, bout something called herbalife, wants nutriystem, even wanted the kardashian pills, what i do 'doesnt work' she says.....when the above fails she comes back to me, i fix her up, and she quits inside 10days........then some friend says they lost weight on this other fkn thing and she wants that

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    you must be bad at poker dude!
    I dont even play

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post

I agree, but if we stopped talking about the 10%, we'd have half as much to talk about on these forums. Lets face it, a lot of us love to talk shop and all the minute details, in hopes of dialing it in, ever so much further.

As for the effort of cleaning up the diet, for a long time the knowledge has been knocking on my door, whether it's meeting and talkling to vegans, vegetarians, people who go all organic and what not. For me, I want to stop the "Overfeeding, yet undernourished", cycle of eating. Meaning most of the food choices we ( American's at least ) choose, are high in calories ( due to sat. fat and sugar content ), but our cell's are not getting the proper nutrients it needs to reproduce a healthy body. It seems to me a slow suicide by food.

Now being past mid 30's, I want to change my lifestyle now, and create healthy habits. It's more than just " Gotta eat my vegetables now", kind of phase, it's real deal time. Time to grow up and finally be good to my body. Shit why not? I love myself and I want to be happy. That being said, you have to slowly make the adjustments to make them permanent, not just expect a 100% turnover. This will be a long process, but each day I will make an effort to better myself.