User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do we avoid Fluoride?

My thyroid is still doing bad and we know Fluoride is terrible for it so I was wondering.
    Most water filters just don't remove it from the water, even the more expensive ones. Do you think the Fluoride in the water is significant?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    curious about this as well. my water has a filter and my dad says it doesn't have fluoride but he doesn't really care so I wouldn't doubt it he was lieing lol.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last November I received a letter in the mail from the water company saying that they were going to begin adding fluoride to our water. I made a number of phone calls asking how a few board members can make a decision like that for millions of people in our area. The answer I got was, "it's for your benefit, to strengthen tooth enamel"

I was and still am beyond pissed. The sad thing is not many people seem to give a shit. They don't even bother to question this decision or even look at the study's showing the harm that can be done.

I bought a reverse osmosis water filter system that removes the fluoride. I hooked it up to my sink and only drink that or bottled water.

Unfortunately I can't remove it from my shower water without installing another unit. I don't have the room to do it in my bathroom. I did add two filters on my shower head to remove chlorine and chloramines. Is it overkill? Maybe, but my skin isn't dry anymore.

I use an iSpring reverse osmosis filter that has a stage that puts minerals you need back into the water before you drink.

I've read Big Berkey water filters are also good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Brita water filters do next to nothing. I wasted my money on those damn things for years. I bought a digital water meter tester and found out for myself.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Durantia37's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonBalls View Post
    Also Brita water filters do next to nothing. I wasted my money on those damn things for years. I bought a digital water meter tester and found out for myself.
    Hey Cannonballs, I haven't seen you on the forum in awhile. How are things going?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Durantia,

Things are going really well. I've made a lot of progress. Next January will be two years since I crashed. Right now I'm feeling close to recovered. I don't want to jinx myself though.

In the time I started CD's regime I've done the juice feast, and three rounds of R-andro. I'm still currently rotating the herbs and am back at taking Pine Pollen. I'm currently using PP from vitajing and am having no issues with headaches like I was a few months ago.

I've had wine here and there to test things out, but don't really plan on getting hammered like I used to back in the day.

I also plan to continue rotating the herbs and sticking to this way of life until the end of my days.

I'm not having any issues other than self inflicted gym and boxing injuries. I can't complain man. As I get older I also realize how important mobility is!

Anyway, I still lurk here pretty much everyday and will jump in and contribute anything when I can.

I look back at the beginning of this mess, and I've improved so much. When new guys come to this board and freak out, it's a reminder every time. I know what they are going through and just want them to heal.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Durantia,

Things are going really well. I've made a lot of progress. Next January will be two years since I crashed. Right now I'm feeling close to recovered. I don't want to jinx myself though.

In the time I started CD's regime I've done the juice feast, and three rounds of R-andro. I'm still currently rotating the herbs and am back at taking Pine Pollen. I'm currently using PP from vitajing and am having no issues with headaches like I was a few months ago.

I've had wine here and there to test things out, but don't really plan on getting hammered like I used to back in the day.

I also plan to continue rotating the herbs and sticking to this way of life until the end of my days.

I'm not having any issues other than self inflicted gym and boxing injuries. I can't complain man. As I get older I also realize how important mobility is!

Anyway, I still lurk here pretty much everyday and will jump in and contribute anything when I can.

I look back at the beginning of this mess, and I've improved so much. When new guys come to this board and freak out, it's a reminder every time. I know what they are going through and just want them to heal.
    It's so great to hear you're doing well! I'm looking forward to reading your recovery post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mal View Post
    It's so great to hear you're doing well! I'm looking forward to reading your recovery post.
    Thanks Mai! I'll do it one day, but want to wait a while longer.👍🏻

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Durantia37's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Durantia,

That's great news man! Congrats. I'm excited about the future of this forum - it looks like we're gonna have four or five more full recoveries by this time next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantia37 View Post
    That's great news man! Congrats. I'm excited about the future of this forum - it looks like we're gonna have four or five more full recoveries by this time next year.
    Hell yeah! I think you're right!