Hi there,

I have been suffering from pfs for nearly 3 years now. My T levels are 380 ng/dl and my tsh is 3.2.

I have already taken one year in 2015 to try and recover, as I cannot cope with any stress out , and am taking another year out now, unfortunately I have wasted three months: I tried to follow the protocol of herbs and diet for three months, but have ended up crashing with extreme anxiety. It seems anxiety is my biggest problem, and is the limiting factor for anything working. These three months have gone to waste essentially.

I am considering now going on an anti-anxiety drug, so I can make some progress. My anxiety is pretty severe that exercise, sleep and diet free from visible outside stress does not work; eating healthily does not have much of an effect because the anxiety just swamps all. I have just researched benzos, as somebody mentioned they are GABA agonists but I am a bit scared. I have also ruled out SSRI's as they seem to negatively impact pfs sufferers further.

Is there any drug that would be ok for a few months, perhaps one that might help with the GABA/allopregnanolone problems, so I can actually reap some benefits from the other stuff.

Thanks