User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I'm going to leave the cold showers part until after the water fast. Did it last two days and almost passed out, probably not the brightest idea when I'm running on fumes.

Sleep has been difficult, mostly due to the headaches and nausea. Tried meditating again last night but just couldn't concentrate and it didn't feel worth it. Last night I was craving food so bad, but I just told myself I've gotta gut this out if I want to get better. There seems to be a common thread between those who do the detox properly and recovery, so I don't want to cheat myself.

Chin up and onwards we go!
    Hard choices, easy life.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah I didn't shower at all during my water fast lol.

meditation just do it, just sitting or laying and doing it is better than not doing it. Don't judge yourself that you can't get zen. Process orientation.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msab1990 View Post
    Thanks guys, about 1.5 days in.

One thing I always notice on water fasts - my sweat stinks. I'm sure that means something good (or bad, whichever way you look at it).
    Yup...detox sweats. Everytime I cleanse I get VERY strong body odor. It's a very male, musty smell and I believe it's loaded with pheromones as well.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah I had that as well if you looked at my log. For me the most noticable one was the spices as I douse my salads with turmeric, garlic, onion, and chipotle powders to make them more yummy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 5. Feeling ok, but very tired as I've been finding it hard the last few days to relax and sleep. I think I'll sleep like a log tonight (hopefully).

Had some massive, splitting headaches last night which were almost unbearable. I just kept drinking water, gritted my teeth and told myself to gut it out.

This is temporary, recovery is permanent.
    Hard choices, easy life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I wish I could say my sweat smelled like ginger or turmeric. Unfortunately, it's smells like straight up shit.

I have the weirdest feeling in my left arm right now - I had bloods done on Sunday night and they screwed up the needle which left a little bruise. It is killing me, I've never felt pain from a bruise before unless you touch it or it's a bone bruise.. My reasoning is:

- toxins being released into my bloodstream
    - blood around the bruise is filled with toxins, giving me surges of sharp, execrutiating pain

I'll gut it out.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's most likely just detox symptoms. what kind of water are you using? If you're fasting at home I think spring water is wise to use as I used reverse osmosis and had electrolyte issues at day 9 (all gone now but if I kept pushing I def could've fucked up the nerves in my face - non-stop facial contractions making like a strange grimace and it happened so often that it was getting painful).

I have an iron will since I was really young, so my problem is sometimes pushing myself TOO much as my mind is sometimes stronger than my body lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just drinking filtered tap water at room temperature. It's quite a good filter, so hopefully getting rid of chlorine etc.

Feeling ok today, just extremely weak. If I stand for too long I get bad nausea. On the plus side, I've lost almost 8 kg (17 lb) and I can almost see my abs for the first time in years.

I was very active in high school/start of university, so I've got a good frame to start with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things that have partly resolved from the water fast

- Eye floaters
    - Skin is smooth and clear
    - Aches/pains in joints etc gone

Hoping these stay away once I break the fast. Gonna push for a minimum 3 more days, but I'm starting to get some bad cramps in my legs and chest, and apparently that's a sign of low potassium which isn't good.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also thinking a lot about my diet for after the juice feast and have a quick question for CD or any of the vets around here.

What's the verdict on microwaving food? Something to avoid, or is it ok? I know it sounds pretty hypochondriac but just want to be sure. Not cutting any corners this time.
    Hard choices, easy life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta call it quits at 8 days tomorrow. I've been getting severe cramps in my legs, chest and now abs which I know indicates no potassium which can lead to heart damage (found multiple sources online about this danger of water fasting).

I think 8 days is a pretty good effort, and I'll finish off the next fortnight with a juice feast. I plan on running another longer water fast in the new year, once I've got some more time again.

Looking forward to a good night's sleep tomorrow once I've refed with juice a bit.
    Hard choices, easy life.