Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

msab1990 - coming back from the dead

Hi guys,

Just posted a fairly long post in the introduce yourself thread so I won't rehash it. I've had PFS for four years, done intermittent spurts on the protocol before but also without the right mindset and patience.

This time - I'm for real. I want to start this thread to get some suggestions on where I should start. I have some underlying obsessive thought issues I need to address in order to be able to exist in the moment and not obsess about PFS/other things 24/7, so I will be seeing a really good psychologist on that issue specifically first. I just did a 3 day water fast last week and am in the middle of a crash - really horrible brain fog - so I think it might be best to ease into exercise/diet over the next month, ramp it up a bit in October/November/December then do a 4 week juice feast in Jan.

I have a lot of toxins to flush, so am considering repeating the process to do another one after than in April also. Thoughts?

Also when should I look at introducing the test boosters? I've got a heap in my cupboard still, so could start any time.

Cheers boys - let's fucking do this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also - I'm going to see a Dr Greg Emerson in Australia who takes a very holistic approach apparently.

I'd like to get people's advice on two more things please - sleep, and frequent nighttime urination. What helped?

I have the worst sleep (part of the reason I smoked so much weed) and the nighttime urination doesn't help getting to sleep. Any tips would be awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

msab1990 - coming back from the dead

Hey, welcome. I Read your introduction post. I was also a weed addict for maybe 7+ years and I have recovered sleep by now, read my thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Someone once asked a man how he was. He replied, “I’m going through hell!” Said his friend: “Well, keep on going. That is no place to stop!”

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you won't die if start the juice feast now even if you're slim. I'd say hop on right away. I regret not starting my cleanse RIGHT AWAY as apposed to waiting 3 months post crashing to cleanse. But I'm glad I'm starting at least now as some people don't even do it after years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks boys - glad to be here. Unfortunately I'm visiting family this weekend so starting the juice feast today isn't an option. But I'm planning, putting together everything I need for the protocol then starting a month long juice feast next Monday, starting off with a 2 day water fast.

I will keep this thread updated with my progress during the feast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update

Wow, the last 1.5 days have been some of the most positive I've ever had since PFS. I really truly realised I have a lot of mental problems to deal with first before I can ever truly achieve recovery, and beyond that, happiness. I think the guys who are predisposed to mental health issues or had them before PFS probably face a tougher time, because shutting up the mind becomes an almost impossible task - notice how I said almost?

I've never felt this kind of positive attitude about myself - ever - in my entire life, and I'm starting to actively shut down negative thoughts/feelings in my brain, and even laugh at them. I want my thoughts to become my friends, not my enemies as they have been for at least 15 years. I think this is a sign that I've finally taken the first step after four years - acceptance of where we are - and now I'm ready to tackle this shit. I'm scared, but ready.

I also realised that I've managed to achieve a lot of shit in four years with PFS - finished my Masters degree, started two online businesses (the first didn't really go anywhere), but I landed a huge client for the second one today and am in an awesome mood because of it. Finally, I have this to look forward to at the end of the year -

Home - Coral Palms, Fiji

I'll be staying here with family to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday for 10 nights - cannot wait to do nothing but sit by a pool/beach, explore the outdoors, snorkel and fish. It will be heaven.

Cheers boys - one day at a time.

PS - if there's anyone from Australia on here, send me a PM. If you're in Brisbane it would be great to meet!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msab1990 View Post
    Update

Wow, the last 1.5 days have been some of the most positive I've ever had since PFS. I really truly realised I have a lot of mental problems to deal with first before I can ever truly achieve recovery, and beyond that, happiness. I think the guys who are predisposed to mental health issues or had them before PFS probably face a tougher time, because shutting up the mind becomes an almost impossible task - notice how I said almost?

I've never felt this kind of positive attitude about myself - ever - in my entire life, and I'm starting to actively shut down negative thoughts/feelings in my brain, and even laugh at them. I want my thoughts to become my friends, not my enemies as they have been for at least 15 years. I think this is a sign that I've finally taken the first step after four years - acceptance of where we are - and now I'm ready to tackle this shit. I'm scared, but ready.

I also realised that I've managed to achieve a lot of shit in four years with PFS - finished my Masters degree, started two online businesses (the first didn't really go anywhere), but I landed a huge client for the second one today and am in an awesome mood because of it. Finally, I have this to look forward to at the end of the year -

Home - Coral Palms, Fiji

I'll be staying here with family to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday for 10 nights - cannot wait to do nothing but sit by a pool/beach, explore the outdoors, snorkel and fish. It will be heaven.

Cheers boys - one day at a time.

PS - if there's anyone from Australia on here, send me a PM. If you're in Brisbane it would be great to meet!
    Make sure you put the proper amount of time into the breathing exercises and meditation to fully address your psychological issues. It's going to be uncomfortable, but you need to bring that shit to the surface for processing. Once it's processed out, you're going to actually feel the difference in your brain.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks CD. I badly need to learn to meditate haha.

Kicking off a 3 day water fast next week. followed by a month long juice feast. Never did that detox element correctly in the past (longest I ever made it was 4 days), so this time I'm doing it properly. Going to spend the month preparing myself for the 2-3 years of protocol that lies ahead, but this time I'm actually fucking excited. I've been at 30-40% for the last 2 years with a horrible lifestyle, imagine what I'll be on the protocol.

Will keep you all updated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Committing to a 14 day water fast starting next Thursday, then break it with a two week juice feast.

I am so ready to beat this thing. Feeling calm and zen today, and the brain fog brought on by my 3 day water fast last week has subsided.

Landed a huge client for my e-commerce business yesterday and my mood has been awesome ever since. I'm stepping away from the business to focus on recovery (should have done it ages ago), and decided I'm going to drive Uber for a while until I'm ready to get back into 'work'.

CD/the veterans - I'm very wary of turning this place into a hypochondriac cesspit, I just want to ask a couple of quick questions which are not at all related to your symptoms/PFS.

- What did you do for work during your recovery? What did your typical day look like, outside of the protocol?
    - What is optimal time to be in the gym? Previously I think I've burnt myself out a bit by spending an hour at a time in there.
    - Last time I attempted the protocol, I made it to the pro-hormone phase, did a 6 week cycle, then the PCT did nothing for me and I crashed big time. Full estrogen uptick, crying, weak, brain fogged. Is this normal for every one, or do I need to introduce something other than the natural PCT which was recommended? Or should I hold off on the pro-hormones next time until I've increased my T? Previous attempt I introduced them at the 2.5 month mark.

I know CD has done wayyyy more than his fair share to help us here, so anyone else who's pretty far along/recovered I'd love to hear your thoughts too.

Cheers
    Hard choices, easy life.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msab1990 View Post
    Committing to a 14 day water fast starting next Thursday, then break it with a two week juice feast.

I am so ready to beat this thing. Feeling calm and zen today, and the brain fog brought on by my 3 day water fast last week has subsided.

Landed a huge client for my e-commerce business yesterday and my mood has been awesome ever since. I'm stepping away from the business to focus on recovery (should have done it ages ago), and decided I'm going to drive Uber for a while until I'm ready to get back into 'work'.

CD/the veterans - I'm very wary of turning this place into a hypochondriac cesspit, I just want to ask a couple of quick questions which are not at all related to your symptoms/PFS.

- What did you do for work during your recovery? What did your typical day look like, outside of the protocol?
    - What is optimal time to be in the gym? Previously I think I've burnt myself out a bit by spending an hour at a time in there.
    - Last time I attempted the protocol, I made it to the pro-hormone phase, did a 6 week cycle, then the PCT did nothing for me and I crashed big time. Full estrogen uptick, crying, weak, brain fogged. Is this normal for every one, or do I need to introduce something other than the natural PCT which was recommended? Or should I hold off on the pro-hormones next time until I've increased my T? Previous attempt I introduced them at the 2.5 month mark.

I know CD has done wayyyy more than his fair share to help us here, so anyone else who's pretty far along/recovered I'd love to hear your thoughts too.

Cheers
    That is a very strong cleanse you have lined up. You'll get good results from that for sure.

If I were you I would run the full protocol for a good 3 or four months before attempting to run any kind of exogenous hormones.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"