User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantia37 View Post
    I think his M.O. is to say PFS is permanent, but these are the things that have helped me...But yeah, I saw one video where he talked about breaking a five day water fast with Hardees..lol.
    Jesus Christ.....

This is the type of person who would give themselves a life threatening intestinal blockage by breaking a fast with fast food garbage and blame it on the water fast telling everyone how dangerous it is.....lol
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Gave Me a Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    What a joke....this crap is hopefully about to be solved for good, trials just started on RP. Shall know in the next few weeks or so.

Can't believe this guy is trying to sell a 3 month supply vitamin for $100....and who suggest supplements from GNC such a scam lmao
    I was noticing that on the PFS thread on Ray Peat, love some of the stuff on that website but that thread is all over the place, even for an ex-PFSer it is way over my head when I looked at it, but something regarding taking an abortion pill to resensitize progesterone receptors?
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    I was noticing that on the PFS thread on Ray Peat, love some of the stuff on that website but that thread is all over the place, even for an ex-PFSer it is way over my head when I looked at it, but something regarding taking an abortion pill to resensitize progesterone receptors?
    Yeah, the thread is all over the place because of the crazy solve PFS people that came in.

But, yup its the anti progesterone drug RU486 (look it up bodybuilders love it because it increases androgens like crazy). Lowering progesterone will allow DHT to rise again and counteract estrogen rather than have progesterone to continue to counter estrogen basically rendering DHT inactive. You want DHT to counteract estrogen not progesterone so essentially rendering DHT useless/inactive. Once you get off RU, DHT should rise and counteract estrogen rather than progesterone (fasting works very similarly since it can reset your receptors since your hormones drop). Not trying to get into too much because it is super complex and sounds confusing as hell but once you get it, it actually makes sense.

There are about 6 of us that just started it (we have a private PM thread since the main thread gets too crazy) you probably saw already. I'm 3 days in but they other guys actually started a little earlier than me and we all have been reporting the same positive results so far so it is definitely doing something and had some prefin feelings back again specifically in terms of brain/libido/mood connection and excitability. The real results and cure come when you get off it though when DHT bounces back.
    Last edited by TubZy; 09-25-2017 at 07:23 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Jesus Christ.....

This is the type of person who would give themselves a life threatening intestinal blockage by breaking a fast with fast food garbage and blame it on the water fast telling everyone how dangerous it is.....lol
    yeah, it's not wonder not a lot of people recover from pfs. Most people have little to no personal discipline. Take an average 100 people. Sizable amount are overweight, eat crap, don't work out, don't have any healthy habits, not good at sticking to a game plan for a long time and want a magic pill. In addition they were sold on a magic pill like propecia. English was saying how through his research 1 in 7 people recover.

And yeah tubzy I understand the theory perfectly. Hopefully it works out. I'm a bit pessimistic of it though. The guy who proposed it was extremely bad at summarizing the theory initial and could have been said very curtly - hence the confusion.

the theory is essentially 'PFS is when DHT becomes too low so that it no longer apposes estrogen. Once DHT is too low it causes progesterone to start apposing estrogen instead. Hence we are caught in a negative feedback loop. To break the negative feedback loop we must lower progesterone for DHT to rise again as the rightful modulator of the male organism afflicted with PFS.'
    Last edited by jacknap; 09-25-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    yeah, it's not wonder not a lot of people recover from pfs. Most people have little to no personal discipline. Take an average 100 people. Sizable amount are overweight, eat crap, don't work out, don't have any healthy habits, not good at sticking to a game plan for a long time and want a magic pill. In addition they were sold on a magic pill like propecia. English was saying how through his research 1 in 7 people recover.

And yeah tubzy I understand the theory perfectly. Hopefully it works out. I'm a bit pessimistic of it though. The guy who proposed it was extremely bad at summarizing the theory initial and could have been said very curtly - hence the confusion.

the theory is essentially 'PFS is when DHT becomes too low so that it no longer apposes estrogen. Once DHT is too low it causes progesterone to start apposing estrogen instead. Hence we are caught in a negative feedback loop. To break the negative feedback loop we must lower progesterone for DHT to rise again as the rightful modulator of the male organism afflicted with PFS.'
    Well the basis of his theory (I shouldn't say theory, fin is actually a progestin, it's derived from progesterone) is that fin is a progestin just like deca is. Deca sides (deca dick) and fin/PFS are exactly the same issue and symptoms. Actually someone just posted here saying they got PFS from deca as well. And this goes for saw palmetto too. Saw P is a progestin...see the correlation?

Yeah, the private trials are looking awesome so far but trying to so humble at the moment. I say private because there of 6 of us in a PM convo b/c if we post in the main thread too much it gets drowned out so quick which I'm sure you've seen.
    Last edited by TubZy; 09-25-2017 at 07:33 PM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    Yeah, the thread is all over the place because of the crazy solve PFS people that came in.

But, yup its the anti progesterone drug RU486 (look it up bodybuilders love it because it increases androgens like crazy). Lowering progesterone will allow DHT to rise again and counteract estrogen rather than have progesterone to continue to counter estrogen basically rendering DHT inactive. You want DHT to counteract estrogen not progesterone so essentially rendering DHT useless/inactive. Once you get off RU, DHT should rise and counteract estrogen rather than progesterone (fasting works very similarly since it can reset your receptors since your hormones drop). Not trying to get into too much because it is super complex and sounds confusing as hell but once you get it, it actually makes sense.
    This is really interesting! So do you experience any symptoms of low progesterone (e.g. insomnia, problems falling asleep, low mood), alongside the positive effects of DHT, or do the pro-DHT effects seem to almost override these?

9 Nutrients That Boost Your Progesterone and Balance Your Hormones</title><title>9 Nutrients That Boost Your Progesterone and Balance Your Hormones

From a personal perspective I've suffered from terrible sleep for some months (even though I never had this issue for years prior, after I got into this mess), but I've found progesterone cream helps improve things, although I'm put off using it all the time by it being an anti-androgen. Interestingly I think my issues with poor sleep came about after eating loads of pumpkin seeds daily for months (which make me feel great, much improved mental clarity, increased T from the zinc probably), however after reading about them containing beta-sitosterol I went cold-turkey on them, and I think suddenly stopping may have caused my E2 to rebound and progesterone to correspondingly fall. I really don't think them containing some beta sitosterol is actually an issue, and I know CD says he eats these which is obviously reassuring.

Interestingly there are seed rotation techniques suggested to balance hormones (obviously aimed at women - from all the articles you read online you'd think guys don't have any estrogen at all!), taking sesame and sunflower seeds to boost progesterone for 2 weeks, then pumpkin and flaxseeds to boost estrogen (but E1, not E2);

The Seed Rotation Diet: How to Regulate Your Menstrual Cycle with Food
    Last edited by TanedOut; 09-26-2017 at 05:16 AM.