User Tag List

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flibanserin / ADDYI pill to fight PFS?

Some doctors are prescribing the new women's libido boosting drug Flibanserin somewhat "off-label" to men in order to fight PFS symptoms. Flibanserin is sold under the trade name ADDYI (why the all-caps, I don't know). It works somewhat similarly to Bupropion (Wellbutrin) yet also binds to serotonin receptors. It is not an SSRI, thankfully. They do recommend taking it before bed to minimize side effects, just as they do with Bupropion.

I would not suggest that anyone goes for the pharmacological route if they're able to solve their PFS problems with better living. However I know for some men that PFS has persisted despite their best efforts. My own urologist called this a potential breakthrough for treating PFS, though personally I am wary of anything affecting serotonin levels. Has anyone heard of this drug or know someone using it?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't heard of it, but sound like that would be just masking the side effects, rather than correcting the root-cause of the issue, which people on here are aiming for.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They are not only aiming for it, but are doing it. Period.

All you need is here fellas.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"