User Tag List

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_math View Post
    Totally feel the lisinopril option, but if you can swing micardis from the dr. Do it. That was waaaay nicer on me overall. 20mg is legit. But then again depending on where you end up with bp issues. Could dictate otherwise. ***not trying to argue against dj by any means just be aware of what lisinopril can do sir.

My lisinopril fucked me up bad. ED, and couldn't train for fear of face planting into weights like that deadlift guy in sperwers vid. That's a post heart-attack drug. I don't know, just thinking on a side of functionality for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Has he posted up pics of his progress?
    yeah, improved for sure, but its still keagle

micardis ill look into for sure

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    yeah, improved for sure, but its still keagle

micardis ill look into for sure
    Lol I could only imagine the sweaty chest and a sensual stare.
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_math View Post
    Totally feel the lisinopril option, but if you can swing micardis from the dr. Do it. That was waaaay nicer on me overall. 20mg is legit. But then again depending on where you end up with bp issues. Could dictate otherwise. ***not trying to argue against dj by any means just be aware of what lisinopril can do sir.

My lisinopril fucked me up bad. ED, and couldn't train for fear of face planting into weights like that deadlift guy in sperwers vid. That's a post heart-attack drug. I don't know, just thinking on a side of functionality for you.

Care to expand more on the sides of Lisinopril? I know it's a person-to-person difference, but after battling with one HBP medicine, I'm going to be VERY picky about what I try next.

My doc gave me Bystolic last time - a beta blocker. If you want to be active at all, avoid it. It relaxes blood vessels, but caps your heart rate, I couldn't get my heart rate over 140 (I can get to 180-190 if I want). I felt like SHIT 24/7, tired and didn't want to (and couldn't do) anything.
    Lisinopril is an angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitor (ACE inhibitor), it dilates blood vessels.
    Micardis is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) which prevents blood vessels from narrowing.

Lisinopril seems more popular compared to Micardis, but Micardis seemed to be less harsh in terms of sides.

I may have to look into it some more, both seem great, but if taking one makes me light headed/dizzy, its game over.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Mr_math's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    Care to expand more on the sides of Lisinopril? I know it's a person-to-person difference, but after battling with one HBP medicine, I'm going to be VERY picky about what I try next.

My doc gave me Bystolic last time - a beta blocker. If you want to be active at all, avoid it. It relaxes blood vessels, but caps your heart rate, I couldn't get my heart rate over 140 (I can get to 180-190 if I want). I felt like SHIT 24/7, tired and didn't want to (and couldn't do) anything.
    Lisinopril is an angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitor (ACE inhibitor), it dilates blood vessels.
    Micardis is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) which prevents blood vessels from narrowing.

Lisinopril seems more popular compared to Micardis, but Micardis seemed to be less harsh in terms of sides.

I may have to look into it some more, both seem great, but if taking one makes me light headed/dizzy, its game over.
    Yeah I started at hctz didn't do anything. Lisiniopril took me out of the gym, I could hardly stand up without passing out. I am naturally hypertensive. At that time I was usually 150-165/70-85. When I would sit I would drop down to 100/50-60. Then stand up and bp would jump and I'd have to grab on to something. I seriously had to stop doing a lot of the stuff I did, dr. Told me to try it out for a couple months and see if sides stopped. I told her I couldn't keep an erection and I was so afraid of falling head first into something I couldn't take that med anymore whatsoever. Did more research and found out its a little more of a severe sort of bp med. yeah it worked at lowering BP but NOT at functioning properly.

Jumped on micardis at 20 mg for the first bit. Zero sides. Had to take 40 mg to keep the BP down but then it managed my BP and I had no issues until the 40mg turned out to be a little to strong and I started getting dizzy spells again. Dropped back down to 20mg. Worked just fine. Only one thing you need to worry about is blood potassium levels. They could potentially be high and lead to cardiac arrhythmia. I didnt have any issues with my doses with elevated potassium values.

So I just try to warn folks if they can get something else that isn't nearly as harsh to try that out. I had to stop being active on lisinopril. Feel like micardis is a little lighter on the system for the active people. Been on micardis for 5 years. Only had an issue when the dose needed to be lowered. Also it's best to have it in the system for a few weeks to really know its working right and that it's in the system.

Hope that helps man, let me know if you need any other info or something.
    Use code MEM1153 for a discount on your TrueNutrition.com orders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to update on the upcoming start.

I've used the Var twice so far. I wanted to get a feel for it without any other anabolics.
    I dosed it at 30mg pre-wo, as well as a scoop of jack3d micro.
    I know how the jack3d effects me, that is the reason I still took it.

First workout was some delts and traps. Nothing fantastic about the workout, more reps and lighter weight. There weren't any crazy pumps like I've read about, but I felt great. I know, its only 30mg... gotta start somewhere.
    Next workout was bi's and tri's. Same thing as before, felt good, but nothing amazing.
    Natty pumps were pretty normal. But here is where it was different.
    The day after hitting the muscles, they felt larger than normal, and were harder as well. That isn't common for me at all. Not to mention that I was going for reps as opposed to weight.

Very interesting... I'll see how things keep going.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That var hardness is legendary. I've never gotten that feeling, not to that degree, from any other anabolic.

So are you planning to continue the var usage as a preworkout, and for how long?
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    That var hardness is legendary. I've never gotten that feeling, not to that degree, from any other anabolic.

So are you planning to continue the var usage as a preworkout, and for how long?
    So what is it now, tren, deca, var, and test??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not 100% sure if I'll keep var in it. If you asked me this second, then it would be no. I'm going to finish off what I have, but it was honestly a curiosity thing.
    I only picked up 1000mg of it, and if I dose it at 30mg pre-wo, that will be about 33 workouts. At 4 sessions a week, that is 2 months.

But, if I up it to 40mg pre-wo and I hit the gym 5 times a week, that drops to 5 weeks, a 3 week difference.

Ultimately, time will tell.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I'm not 100% sure if I'll keep var in it. If you asked me this second, then it would be no. I'm going to finish off what I have, but it was honestly a curiosity thing.
    I only picked up 1000mg of it, and if I dose it at 30mg pre-wo, that will be about 33 workouts. At 4 sessions a week, that is 2 months.

But, if I up it to 40mg pre-wo and I hit the gym 5 times a week, that drops to 5 weeks, a 3 week difference.

Ultimately, time will tell.
    Pretty amazing that the muscle hardness has come on so fast in the fashion you are using it. That did surprise me.

Also, if you drop your workouts to only 2x/week you can get 16 weeks out of it. lol
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Pretty amazing that the muscle hardness has come on so fast in the fashion you are using it. That did surprise me.

Also, if you drop your workouts to only 2x/week you can get 16 weeks out of it. lol
    I like your thinking!!
    To bad he's not bulking.
    Monday heavy squats then Thursday heavy deads!!