User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intermittant juicing and fasting

If you're doing an intermittant fast, can you have a juice (say kale, broccoli and grapes) during the 16 hours of no eating, or would any possible sugars or other stuff make this unviable?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure. I would do IF though with some light eating. It definitely has a lot of the benefits of just pure water IF. But not sure if it has ALL of them.

I'm not doing IF anymore though. I did it for like 4-5 years and I found out that I'm a fast oxidizer so it's hard on my thyroid. For some people though it's a god send. See how you feel.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by road to recover View Post
    If you're doing an intermittant fast, can you have a juice (say kale, broccoli and grapes) during the 16 hours of no eating, or would any possible sugars or other stuff make this unviable?
    The whole point behind intermittent fasting is to avoid all calories during a specific time period. Taking in juice during this fasting time isn't going to get you the benefits you seek.

Have you cleansed yet?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    The whole point behind intermittent fasting is to avoid all calories during a specific time period. Taking in juice during this fasting time isn't going to get you the benefits you seek.

Have you cleansed yet?
    No, you may recall I did over a week doing what I thought was juicing but was just smoothies as I hadn't used the milk bag. Then my juicer broke, but i'm ready to do another one shortly.

I actually do intermittant fasting once or twice a week anyway fine, so it isn't a big deal, was just curious. Also, can you have coffee with low fat milk during the 16 hour window, or does it have to be black? There are conflicting answers to this online.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by road to recover View Post
    No, you may recall I did over a week doing what I thought was juicing but was just smoothies as I hadn't used the milk bag. Then my juicer broke, but i'm ready to do another one shortly.

I actually do intermittant fasting once or twice a week anyway fine, so it isn't a big deal, was just curious. Also, can you have coffee with low fat milk during the 16 hour window, or does it have to be black? There are conflicting answers to this online.
    When the term fasting is used it means to go without. This means no calories

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, where do you get the energy and the time to offer advice on an almost personal, coaching-like basis?

When the term fasting is used it means to go without. This means no calories

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bizzbee View Post
    Dude, where do you get the energy and the time to offer advice on an almost personal, coaching-like basis?
    For starters I'm self-employed. Secondly it's what I enjoy doing and I'm going to be expanding total male optimization so that it's something I'm eventually going to be doing on a full-time basis

TimeWise it barely takes up anything. As I'm going through my day if I get a notification on my phone that somebody's posted I can very easily just fire off a response. I know this stuff like the back of my hand and it's not something I need to put very much thought into anymore

And lastly, I enjoy helping people. It's very satisfying to help someone through a very trying time in their life and see them turn the corner and see when they "get it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate all the advisement CD. I'm not a huge contributor, but I'm a big reader lol. And this site has helped me a lot.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More power to you then.

For starters I'm self-employed. Secondly it's what I enjoy doing and I'm going to be expanding total male optimization so that it's something I'm eventually going to be doing on a full-time basis

TimeWise it barely takes up anything. As I'm going through my day if I get a notification on my phone that somebody's posted I can very easily just fire off a response. I know this stuff like the back of my hand and it's not something I need to put very much thought into anymore

And lastly, I enjoy helping people. It's very satisfying to help someone through a very trying time in their life and see them turn the corner and see when they "get it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck up bizbee you raghead midget

Jesus if I could go back in time and give the UP (me) a snake and at visit a fucking urologist for hcg