User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nicely done and it sounds like you are enjoying the 22 year old basement you are dwelling in. Your consistency is paying off and continue the path. Living close to the ocean is my favorite for overall health. Cheers and keep us posted.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by basementdweller View Post
    Fuck, I seriously think I have mono. I have been bedridden for two days now, insanely painful throat, glands swollen like golf balls, bad fever, chills, aches....

Almost positive it's not strep because I took antibiotics immediately and it hasn't improved much, if it was strep it would be pretty much gone after two days of antibiotics.

this is horrible, I was doing great but this could set me back months
    I got sick real bad before the largest, most significant upswing in my recovery. I didn’t take antibiotics however - I don’t know that I would’ve done that, but you can’t do anything about it now.

Getting sick is actually a good sign for most with PFS. Most people don’t get sick during PFS state. Usually if you’re getting sick, you’re doing something fairly right.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fuck, I seriously think I have mono. I have been bedridden for two days now, insanely painful throat, glands swollen like golf balls, bad fever, chills, aches....

Almost positive it's not strep because I took antibiotics immediately and it hasn't improved much, if it was strep it would be pretty much gone after two days of antibiotics.

this is horrible, I was doing great but this could set me back months
    Fast for a few days. It'll work itself out. This is the quickest way to get rid of a "cold"
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't know what the hell is wrong. I've basically crashed again... bloated gut, extreme weakness, brain fog, crazy symptoms after I eat, high voice....

The progression was pretty typical for me: depression, anhedonia, gastro and anxiety symptoms for a few months. Three weeks ago I started R-andro (just 100mg). stopped after 2 weeks from mild mental sides. After returning to the herbs, I started getting extreme muscle weakness and other worsening symptoms. I water-fasted for 3 days and then moved over to juice which I had to buy from whole foods as I'm too weak to make it. I got bad diarrhea from the juice so I started re-feeding last night. Except for an occasional drink and kratom tea, my diet and training has been spot on. This is fkn killing me mann
    Ditch the kratom. It's no good for hormones.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 alphacfi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been 2.5 months since I crashed....again and I'm doing terrible. I don't understand how this can happen well after two YEARS of rocky, but solid improvement. What's really scaring me is that what I'm going through now is different. I am so unbelievably exhausted, depressed and anhedonic, I can't do shit. Oddly, my sexual symptoms and anxiety haven't worsened. Maybe it's not quite as bad as my initial crashes if I consider that, but the crushing fact that this can happen after so long makes it worse. Someone please reach out, cause these suicide forums aren't doing me much good, and my shrink is just itching to put me on all kinds of antidepressants
    HANG IN THERE BUD! I know it sucks but this shit can make a year feel like it lasts 500 years. Its a 2 step forward and 1.99 steps back. And sometimes its 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. I dont know why that is. I wish I could explain it to myself sometimes. For instance I was killing it for about 4 weeks there. I was thinking I was getting close to possibly making a recovery post at some point. Then all of a sudden I had a couple steps back then back and back and back and today I had a terrible day. Just felt week all over and my depression was killing me and head hurt and all these mental symptoms I hadn't felt in a while came back to torment me. Its completely unexplainable. The body is definitely a mysterious little shitter. But I know I will come out of it and be stronger on the other side. Just stick to your guns. Keep following protocol. Keep eating healthy and make your workouts harder and longer. I mean thats all we can do. Knowing when you lay your head down at night you did everything you could do that day to improve your situation. Keep on it!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alphacfi View Post
    HANG IN THERE BUD! I know it sucks but this shit can make a year feel like it lasts 500 years. Its a 2 step forward and 1.99 steps back. And sometimes its 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. I dont know why that is. I wish I could explain it to myself sometimes. For instance I was killing it for about 4 weeks there. I was thinking I was getting close to possibly making a recovery post at some point. Then all of a sudden I had a couple steps back then back and back and back and today I had a terrible day. Just felt week all over and my depression was killing me and head hurt and all these mental symptoms I hadn't felt in a while came back to torment me. Its completely unexplainable. The body is definitely a mysterious little shitter. But I know I will come out of it and be stronger on the other side. Just stick to your guns. Keep following protocol. Keep eating healthy and make your workouts harder and longer. I mean thats all we can do. Knowing when you lay your head down at night you did everything you could do that day to improve your situation. Keep on it!
    I second this.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been 2.5 months since I crashed....again and I'm doing terrible. I don't understand how this can happen well after two YEARS of rocky, but solid improvement. What's really scaring me is that what I'm going through now is different. I am so unbelievably exhausted, depressed and anhedonic, I can't do shit. Oddly, my sexual symptoms and anxiety haven't worsened. Maybe it's not quite as bad as my initial crashes if I consider that, but the crushing fact that this can happen after so long makes it worse. Someone please reach out, cause these suicide forums aren't doing me much good, and my shrink is just itching to put me on all kinds of antidepressants
    I think you need to learn to say fuck your feelings and just stay on the protocol with discipline for 1-2 years instead of freestyling it. Your moment to moment feelings do not need the amount of coddling that you give yourself and also you need to realize that no one cares about you as much as you're gunna care for yourself so you gotta be your own best friend in this thing.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Improvements after just 2.5 months

I won’t question your discipline, I’m in no place for that cause I’m far from perfect myself... I know I’m wet behind the ears age wise but this experience has matured me ten fold.

when you feel like shit, just lean into that feeling. Feelings must be processed, of course as men there are times that you have to push that shit down & get to business. There’s no room for that shit..Man up as we call it..cause like jack said no one really cares.

But yeah, when your alone, if you gotta cry, do so.. or whatever, just live in that shitty feeling.. as long as you don’t act stupid on impulse & actually kill your self, just sit there and process that shit.. as uncomfortable as it is, it’s medicine..I use to look at my feelings with this weird 3rd person view and just lean into it.. instead of pushing it down, I was bringing that shit up and putting bright lights on it.. the other side of that is always peaceful, till the shittyness arrives again in a week, maybe the next day whatever. You got it dude.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler View Post
    I won’t question your discipline, I’m in no place for that cause I’m far from perfect myself... I know I’m wet behind the ears age wise but this experience has matured me ten fold.

when you feel like shit, just lean into that feeling. Feelings must be processed, of course as men there are times that you have to push that shit down & get to business. There’s no room for that shit..Man up as we call it..cause like jack said no one really cares.

But yeah, when your alone, if you gotta cry, do so.. or whatever, just live in that shitty feeling.. as long as you don’t act stupid on impulse & actually kill your self, just sit there and process that shit.. as uncomfortable as it is, it’s medicine..I use to look at my feelings with this weird 3rd person view and just lean into it.. instead of pushing it down, I was bringing that shit up and putting bright lights on it.. the other side of that is always peaceful, till the shittyness arrives again in a week, maybe the next day whatever. You got it dude.
    Highly admire your stance on that one. This year has been the worst one for me in every aspect of life and pfs just multiplied everything. Still haven't been able to sit down and open up to myself. Just pushing it all to the side which I know isn't the right way, for now it works cuz it's making me able to just go on every day staying on track being productive.
    Playing around already for awhile to go on a Vipassana retreat next year. Might start with just sitting down for 30min a day in silence. Cuz even now when I "meditate" I use these guided yt vids to distract myself to focus on breath and stuff, but that's not the way to open up.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankai9000 View Post
    Highly admire your stance on that one. This year has been the worst one for me in every aspect of life and pfs just multiplied everything. Still haven't been able to sit down and open up to myself. Just pushing it all to the side which I know isn't the right way, for now it works cuz it's making me able to just go on every day staying on track being productive.
    Playing around already for awhile to go on a Vipassana retreat next year. Might start with just sitting down for 30min a day in silence. Cuz even now when I "meditate" I use these guided yt vids to distract myself to focus on breath and stuff, but that's not the way to open up.
    I would advise against going to a 10 day vipassana retreat, soley due to the food they serve that is strictly vegetarian consisting of grains,fruits and carb cereals and other soy boy shit.

I did a ten day vipassana and was eating the food and couldn't digest any of it, just had constant diarrhea. Now if I go I just do one day retreats and just fast for the day because they don't serve anything nutritious

Just do it at home, download the cd and build up from 10-20 mins until you can get to an hour and you don't have to deal with the cult like brainwashing for days while being confined to a prison like regime, waking up at 4 by a bell and having to share a few showers with 3 dozens of other people