Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Improvements after just 2.5 months

Hey all
    Last edited by basementdweller; 07-08-2023 at 05:42 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by basementdweller View Post
    Hey everyone, just thought I'd post some more positivity.

My post azelaic acid crash happened mid August, it was very traumatic but I don't need to explain that part.

I was immediately put on a low dose of androgel, my T levels were extremely low. I don't regret doing this, as it stabilized me and put my mindset where it needed to be.

I started a paleo diet right away and saw a naturopath. Within a month I was taking:

ubiquonol
    acetyl-L carnitine
    lecithin (for PS)
    iberogast
    digestive enzymes
    ashwagandha
    maca
    tongkat
    tribulus
    magnesium citrate
    melatonin
    zopiclone

Soon after this, I was lucky enough to discover and start following CD's protocol. I did the juice fast, been doing the breathing exercises, cold showers, sun therapy, etc. Herb/supplement wise I have recently added:

pine pollen
    shilajit resin
    D3
    macuna pruriens (in the mail)
    cordyceps (in the mail)
    bacopa (in the mail)
    he shou wu (in the mail)

In addition to this I have also added:

intermittent fasts (16 hours every day)
    niacinamide
    garlic
    passionflower extract
    lavender oil capsules
    gotu kola (buying tomorrow)

I go to church every week and repeat positive mantras when the anxiety gets bad

I am happy to say that after only 2.5 months I have greatly improved. My libido is existent and sometimes strong (comes in waves), my muscle weakness has improved, my GI symptoms and mood have greatly improved. I'm working part time and doing light exercises every day. I have even managed to reduce my androgel dosage to 3/4 of a 2.5mg packet (this is a very small amount) while continuing to improve.

The TRT got me off the ground, but CDs protocol plus my own additions have given real improvements the last few weeks. I look forward to further recovery
    Up the herbs, drop the Test.

Also, you should drop the sleeping pills. They are a bitch to get off of.

Congrats on your progress thus far.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did your doctor say about tongkat ali?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    5 months in:

What a fuckin' rollercoaster. A bowel issue made me much worse after my initial improvement. I became so depressed and anxious I spent a week in the psych ward. I became so weak that I was having trouble walking. I immediately began feeling stronger and more energetic after having a bunch of colon polyps removed. I am able to do decent workouts now which I'm loving. I forgot just how satisfying leg squats are, lol. Plus my gut barely bothers me now.

Mentally I am much better but still struggling. After getting out of the mental hospital a tragedy involving a friend happened. On the bright side, this made it easier to finally reach out to my friends and family for the support I need. I was already close with my family but getting back in touch with my old friends was the best thing I've done for myself in years.

Protocol related, I take most the herbs now but I binned mucuna as it immediately made me crash both times I tried it. I also binned maca because it makes my anxiety worse. Outside of the protocol, I have added a tiny dose of mirtazapine which works like a charm for sleep and seems to help the anxiety a bit.

I've been pretty damn good overall the past couple weeks - definitely my best baseline yet, except my libido suddenly vanished a few days ago. It tends to come and go nowadays and I doubt it's the miniscule dose of mirtazapine I take, but who knows.

Assuming I keep seeing improvements in the coming weeks I'd like to try the r-andro, maybe at a lowish dose, but I need to improve my workouts first. Was thinking of getting some creatine hydrochloride too.

Fuck azelaic acid
    Congrats on the improvements thus far.

Again, If it was me, Id be avoiding all pharmaceuticals. And yes, remeron is in a class of drugs in the anti-depressant category and will have negative effects on libido. It increases serotonin which alot of anti-depressants do, and one of the side effects of this increased serotonin is a decrease and or elimination of libido. Gotu Kola is fantastic as an anxiolitic and it's natural.

When you're feeling anxious....breathe. Go some where and do three to four rounds of the Wim Hof breathing method. This will eliminate all anxiety, if only for a short while. If the anxiety creeps back in, do them again. You can't over do these exercises as when done correctly they blast your body with O2. Nothing but positives there, again.

Cold showers done CONSISTENTLY will also eliminate anxiety and depression and help with deeper sleep. You'll also get immediate short term relief. (You just have to deal with the up front uncomfortablness and shock)

Creatine HCL will not only help in increasing muscle mass and exercise performance (which will in turn also help anxiety and sleep) but for me it always had a very subtle calming effect.

You need to think long and hard about those pharmaceuticals man.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 01-12-2018 at 07:21 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's even harder for guys in Canada to say no to pharms because it's heavily government subsidized.

talked to this other pfser and he went the pharma route cuz for him money was tight and he gets the drugs for free from his job. sucks but it is what it is
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the response, as always

I take gotu kola sometimes. I took a gram and a half as well as theanine at work today when I was feeling uneasy. It helps, it's subtle, but does help, I'll try a higher dosage though.

I love the breathing exercises, I do them as often as I can. I'd stay in a wim hoff breathing trance all day if I could, lol. I actually don't mind cold showers if they're not first thing in the morning. I usually take them after I work out now. I'll try adding one before bed as well.

Creatine always made me feel amazing pre-pfs. I was only holding off because of my gut, but that's better now. I assume HCL wouldn't bother the gut much anyway. Will be getting on that soon.

One problem that is very difficult to treat is my racing mind. I have random, racing songs going through my head pretty much all day, my head feels like a jukebox, even when I'm dreaming sometimes. It's absolutely maddening which is why I'm willing to take pharmas at the moment. I hope that increasing the gotu, weights, breathing and showers can eliminate the need. I also have a bag of inositol in the mail that I will try.
    I think you should consider carefully the advice given by CDnuts.

Pharmaceuticals got you in this mess to begin with and they are not going to get you out of it.

You have to remember those prescribing the drugs do not know how they work and what long term changes they do to the body. We know they are highly toxic and place pressure on the liver which has to process them, along with all the other supps you are taking.

All the head noise can resolve itself with meditation if you were to give it a chance and wait patiently to let things take care of themselves.

Remember this is about detox and you are prolonging the process if you are dumping a whole load of different synthetic chemicals into your body.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience with creatine...if I take one dosage creatine hcl in the morning I literally will not sleep that night, its nuts lol..I actually tried it again about 3 weeks ago and as sure as shit come 4am I could of ran a marathon. From my research it’s generally unheard off but there other guys hit with insomnia from it...lol hypersensitive or what

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pageidol View Post
    My experience with creatine...if I take one dosage creatine hcl in the morning I literally will not sleep that night, its nuts lol..I actually tried it again about 3 weeks ago and as sure as shit come 4am I could of ran a marathon. From my research it’s generally unheard off but there other guys hit with insomnia from it...lol hypersensitive or what
    Yeah, I've heard that from a few people, not many though. You have to listen to your body when it comes to anything you're putting into it. Like I said, for me personally, creatine has a very subtle, yet noticeable calming effect on me.

Everything I recommend is based upon what I personally experienced and from what others have mentioned to me about their own journey's following the regimen. It is more of a guideline or blueprint to follow. Ultimately, you have to follow it to the best of your ability without giving yourself any negative reactions.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 01-13-2018 at 06:33 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Has anyone experienced tightness and tingling in their scalp as they recovered? Is this random or a definite good sign? I don't want to get too excited about this, but I have noticed other changes since taking r-andro as well.

...and, the creatine did give me sleep problems. I actually crashed shortly after using it too
    So....it seems you have issues with what most people don't.

Is that a fair statement?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone experienced tightness and tingling in their scalp as they recovered? Is this random or a definite good sign? I don't want to get too excited about this, but I have noticed other changes since taking r-andro as well.

...and, the creatine did give me sleep problems. I actually crashed shortly after using it too
    not tightening but I get a scalp itch when I'm feeling good sometimes and shedding of hair. I think I recall other people saying this is dht coming back online slowly.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.