User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Muscle wastage and working out

I've experienced pretty bad muscle loss and weakness in the <3 months since my crash. I'm just wondering if there's anyone else here who had this? How long did it take before you were able to workout? I realize everyone's different, I'm just feeling frustrated that I'm still losing muscle. Stretching, bodyweight squats and pushups is about all I can handle right now without making myself worse.

An OATS test from my naturopath showed that I'm in ketosis, so maybe I should up my carbs?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how do u know that u have muscle wastage?

when i was in ketosis I was nowhere near the strength i have now that I have carb backload so definitely add that post workout and your strength should explode
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do I know I have muscle wastage? I've lost 30 pounds, and I'm weak as shit. My T is extremely low, not just "lowish". Bioavailable T was only 1.5 (3.6-11.2) post crash so definitely lost muscle from that. I'm getting it checked again in a week though

Did you get bloods post crash? more carb backloading should help a bit, but I can't do any real training until I get my T levels up.
    Last edited by basementdweller; 09-15-2019 at 03:23 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you saw my bloods in my first post my free T was just a few points from being hypogonadal lol.

and I was still training on like 3-5 hours of sleep. so i think it can be done. just don't try to be a hero and break your back lol. obviously you're gunna lose muscle if u haven't been training and eating keto tho dude

my dht was strangely high tho... how can u have such low free T and high dht makes no sense to me
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are in range though, My bioavailable T is practically non-existent. Upping the herbs and carbs is all I can do now I guess
    Last edited by basementdweller; 11-01-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Swill's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was training post crash with below range T and it helped pull me out of the funk... I'm not saying go batshit crazy from day 1, but start working out now... you will be rewarded with hormones as a result. Its all about forcing your body to do what it should be doing.

Take it slow, and build. And hammer carbs post workout... fuel the fire.
    WORK! CONSUME! DIE!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks dude, are you strict paleo? I feel like I have to start adding in a bit of rice or something. Potatoes is my only significant source of carbs right now and it's obviously not enough.

I've never done well on a strict paleo diet, I lost a lot of weight when I went on one for chronic fatigue syndrome years ago - I could still work out though.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Durantia37's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by basementdweller View Post
    thanks dude, are you strict paleo? I feel like I have to start adding in a bit of rice or something. Potatoes is my only significant source of carbs right now and it's obviously not enough.

I've never done well on a strict paleo diet, I lost a lot of weight when I went on one for chronic fatigue syndrome years ago - I could still work out though.
    I don't think I could do completely strict paleo either. I add in peanut butter, milk, orange juice, occasional rice. I personally think a gluten- and intoxicant-free organic whole food diet is enough to keep stability, but that's just my experience.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you don't think it's enough, eat more.

I'm at the point now that if I eat carbs during the day, I almost need a nap. Not only that, they make me hold water something fierce. This is all alleviated by back loading. For those that are familiar with it, it is a pretty amazing feeling to smash a big carby meal and have all those carbs get shuttled directly into the muscle.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've experienced pretty bad muscle loss and weakness in the <3 months since my crash. I'm just wondering if there's anyone else here who had this? How long did it take before you were able to workout? I realize everyone's different, I'm just feeling frustrated that I'm still losing muscle. Stretching, bodyweight squats and pushups is about all I can handle right now without making myself worse.

An OATS test from my naturopath showed that I'm in ketosis, so maybe I should up my carbs?

i have experinced muscle wastage ... after i crashed i got man boobs ... and i alsolost muscle in my arms and hips ... my hips havent recovered from the muscle wastage yet to an extent i can be happy ... but arms are doing good ...

most of my pants have become unfit due to muscle wastage in hips ... i feel its a very slow process from muscle wastage to muscle building ..