User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marijuana and Recovery

On one hand, I feel like smoking marijuana is helpful because it calms me down and makes me a little horny. It's also natural. On the other hand, I wonder if it is impeding progress in recovery. What are your opinions on using weed during our recoveries?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    weed is well known to lower testosterone. I don't think occasional use would matter though

Endocrine effects of marijuana in the male: preclinical studies. - PubMed - NCBI
    Last edited by basementdweller; 11-07-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoOtherHeart View Post
    On one hand, I feel like smoking marijuana is helpful because it calms me down and makes me a little horny. It's also natural. On the other hand, I wonder if it is impeding progress in recovery. What are your opinions on using weed during our recoveries?
    Stay as far as humanly possible away from it. I know people who smoked weed while trying to recover and it completely ruined their progress. It was awful to watch.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 K8668B's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i went for YEARS while having PFS and not even being 100% fully aware of it! weed always fucked me up badly!!! oh my goodness. And it made me super paranoid too! stay as far away from it as you can. zero intoxicants until 100% healed. weed, alcohol, etc. the shit aint even worth it anymore! youll be happy in the long run!
    Always improve, always evolve, never give up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Mal View Post
    Stay as far as humanly possible away from it. I know people who smoked weed while trying to recover and it completely ruined their progress. It was awful to watch.
    Wow, I'm honestly very surprised to hear that. Well time to ditch the grass, then!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K8668B View Post
    i went for YEARS while having PFS and not even being 100% fully aware of it! weed always fucked me up badly!!! oh my goodness. And it made me super paranoid too! stay as far away from it as you can. zero intoxicants until 100% healed. weed, alcohol, etc. the shit aint even worth it anymore! youll be happy in the long run!
    Perhaps it's been messing with me too and I just have no idea. Its effects on me may be very subtle. Or perhaps there are no effects on me. Either way, the best route will be to ditch the pot. I'll probably be more clearheaded and will save $20 a week!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pot is the lesser of the intoxicant evils, but it still has negative effects on hormone levels, which at your stage of the game is something you want to avoid at all costs.

Just out of curiosity, have you read the website?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Pot is the lesser of the intoxicant evils, but it still has negative effects on hormone levels, which at your stage of the game is something you want to avoid at all costs.

Just out of curiosity, have you read the website?
    Yes I have. I didn't see anything about pot on there and in the past it has given me morning erections so I was curious.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Marijuana and Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by NoOtherHeart View Post
    Yes I have. I didn't see anything about pot on there and in the past it has given me morning erections so I was curious.
    It says to avoid ALL intoxicants.

When you're a little further along in your recovery it's fine once in awhile and is actually easier on your system than alcohol is. But at this stage of the game sober is the way to go, unfortunately. lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be interested in trying CBD oil. Has anyone tried it? doesn't get you high