User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help deciding what to do for next 6 months

So i'm currently on disability and have 6 months left, I want to max out the remaining time I have and need help deciding between two options. A) Work at a yoga ashram in the mountains B) Study programming in order to get a job. What option would you select? Here's more criteria to consider:

Ashram
    -Vegetarian
    -Low stress
    -Can only do bodyweight training here
    -Yoga twice daily
    -Away from technology
    -No sex

Studying
    -Paleo w carb backloading
    -More screen time studying (more stressful)
    -Weight training
    -Access to sex

Considering i'm doing everything else: rotating herbs etc.. which option would be the best investment of my time? Thanks!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markuss View Post
    So i'm currently on disability and have 6 months left, I want to max out the remaining time I have and need help deciding between two options. A) Work at a yoga ashram in the mountains B) Study programming in order to get a job. What option would you select? Here's more criteria to consider:

Ashram
    -Vegetarian
    -Low stress
    -Can only do bodyweight training here
    -Yoga twice daily
    -Away from technology
    -No sex

Studying
    -Paleo w carb backloading
    -More screen time studying (more stressful)
    -Weight training
    -Access to sex

Considering i'm doing everything else: rotating herbs etc.. which option would be the best investment of my time? Thanks!
    What would you do work wise after your disability runs out if you choose option A?

Personally, I would choose Studying programming, simply because you'll be able to get gainful employment afterwords, which will aid in building your confidence back up. Plus, the diet aspect is much better for your situation along with weight training and access to sex. These are all things that you need to get you back up to speed.

It's too bad you can't have the weight training, sex and paleo diet while working at the Ashram. That would be a phenomenal combo.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know.. Probably look for something in the area whatever it might be. My last job at a call center was really stressful, I don't have a career per se. I guess I could stay there indefinitely until I heal and figure it out from then on. I was thinking about bringing dumbbells in my car and taking whey/whole egg protein shakes for the cholesterol since I wouldn't have access to meat. The programming thing would give me a good paying job and help build my confidence but I'm worried that sitting down behind a computer screen all day would be a bad decision for creating a t-boosting lifestyle.. I completed a programming bootcamp but didn't really give it my all since I was working and overall mental output was low due to pfs.. It's hard to decide what to do with my life at this point since I feel flat, I'm 28 and have had this for 7 years now..

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where do u live? uber might be a good option.

also if you use indeed you can just do part-time work until you feel you can handle a total work load.

but ya I would go with option 2 (studying) like cd said as well.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LA.. Option 2 it is

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LA seems like a great spot for health and wellness stuff too.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markuss View Post
    LA.. Option 2 it is
    I think that's your best move.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"