Hey there,

I've been off and on avodart for a while now and i'm really panicking, despite the fact that i read up on all the stories before i took the thing.

I started taking avodart/dutasteride in January 2015 - i was on it for about 4 months until i decided to stop as i felt like it wasn't producing any results. Started up again in august of that year, only took 30 tabs before stopping again.

Around the 4-5 month mark after stopping i had huge attacks of anxiety - I read up on all the propeciahelp stuff and just lost it, i was an anxious wreck for at least a month after that.

Other things in life happened and took my attention away, but because i'm apparently a total idiot for some reason I started back on avodart in january 2017!! WHAT WAS I THINKING??

I was only on it for a month this time then decided to stop. But what happened again? In june/july of this year, I again started on the avodart. I must have been on it for 4 days, maybe a week tops then I decided enough. I immediately threw out my remaining supply and swore never again.

I'm coming up to the seemingly infamous 4-5 month mark since stopping and again, i'm an anxious wreck. I'm not experiencing sides like brain fog or testicular pain as some people report, i am however in a constant state of panic over my libido/sexual health.

I can't remember what my sex drive/erection strength and frequency was like before i started taking avodart to make a comparison. Sometimes i feel there might be a change but i can't know for sure.

I'm really freaking out now to the point of obsession, last saturday i had some kind of meltdown and needed to constantly prove and reassure myself that everything was working. I must have jerked off 6 times in the space of about 14 hours, constantly obsessing over whether my erection was hard enough and why, without the physical stimulation, it was going away.

I don't notice regular morning wood, but sometimes wake up with a semi/almost full erection, maybe once or twice a week. This morning i had no morning wood at the point of waking up but started getting a semi after about 5 minutes and a morning stretch.

Another weird thing that i've noticed .. probably not something reported on but i feel like my erect size is bigger than before i was on avodart. It's probably of note that i had anxiety over the size of my penis before avodart but now not so much. Weird?? Now i'm worrying over the hardness of my erections

I can't tell if this is just mental effects but i think im going to get a blood test. It's probably worth mentioning that i am classed as obese (my BMI is 33, i'm working on it at the gym and i'm down almost 8 lbs) and i had ocd/social anxiety problems way before i started taking anything. is there anyone here who has been on avodart before? i have never taken propecia/finasteride - i was only on the avodart.

Sorry for the rambling but i'm pretty scared, i spend a significant portion of my day dealing with regret and wishing i could go back and undo everything.. Please tell me i will be normal again..

Thanks,