User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question on Carb backloading

Hi all,

Hope you guys had a wonderful thanksgiving.

I recently started doing gym after few weeks of self weight training. I only have time in the morning for it becasue of work. I know for carb backloading you consume carbs only after your training and it should be P.M time.
    Does the training time matter in terms of the effect of carb backloading? I go to gym in the morning and take my protein shake after (no carbs until dinner)

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't. I workout in the morning before work also, and I carb backload starting at dinner.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kknd269 View Post
    Hi all,

Hope you guys had a wonderful thanksgiving.

I recently started doing gym after few weeks of self weight training. I only have time in the morning for it becasue of work. I know for carb backloading you consume carbs only after your training and it should be P.M time.
    Does the training time matter in terms of the effect of carb backloading? I go to gym in the morning and take my protein shake after (no carbs until dinner)
    You will get a better response to backloading if the backload is done an hour and a half after the workout. The more time that passes, the more insulin resistant you become. That being said, you still get results. Just make sure you wait until the end of the day to consume your carbs.

I typically work out late morning to early afternoon and I backload at night. (which is the only time to backload) But there is a definite difference by working out later in the day and then slamming a huge backload at dinner time and beyond for the rest of the night. The closer to the workout the backload is, the more you're going to get funneled directly into your muscles with the least amount of spillover into fat cells.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 12-06-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh snap cuz i work out at like 4-5pm and don't backload until like 10pm lol. I'll try to incorporate a closer window with some strategy...
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Question on Carb backloading

Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    oh snap cuz i work out at like 4-5pm and don't backload until like 10pm lol. I'll try to incorporate a closer window with some strategy...
    You work out at the optimal time for the best results back loading.

And you know it's not just one meal right? You know you can back load for that entire evening starting with dinner?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    You work out at the optimal time for the best results back loading.

And you know it's not just one meal right? You know you can back load for that entire evening starting with dinner?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Hey CD, should we be backloading when on 400 mg of R Andro, since I get a pretty drowsy feeling along with spurts of anxiety on the drug, throughout the day (I workout at 7 pm). Is it because I am having too few carbs?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The battler View Post
    Hey CD, should we be backloading when on 400 mg of R Andro, since I get a pretty drowsy feeling along with spurts of anxiety on the drug, throughout the day (I workout at 7 pm). Is it because I am having too few carbs?
    You should especially be backloading when on cycle. You'll get the most bang for your buck with the carbs that way. And given the time you workout, it's perfect for backloading.

Yes...increase the size of your backloads....do one at dinner and then another one or two before bed...all clean carbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should you backload on every lifting day even when they are 2 to 4 days in a row? How many/what kind of carbs do you eat on non-lift days or early in day on lifting days? And is a post-lift shake with whey, OJ, banana, strawberries a good backload in addition to rice or sweet potatoes with dinner?
    Last edited by Who Dat; 04-05-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat View Post
    Should you backload on every lifting day even when they are 2 to 4 days in a row? How many/what kind of carbs do you eat on non-lift days or early in day on lifting days? And is a post-lift shake with whey, OJ, banana, strawberries a good backload in addition to rice or sweet potatoes with dinner?
    Backloading works especially well when you do it after lifting, regardless of how many days you lift in a row. If you're exhausting your muscles with a slamming workout, you want to replenish your glycogen stores. If you lift five days in a row, you're going to backload five days in a row. Just make sure you're getting a great workout in.

I don't really eat any carbs on non lifting days. Do you understand the science of back-loading and why it works and how it manipulates insulin? If not, you should research it. It will make more sense for you that way.

Concerning your after workout shake. Do yourself a favor.......contrary to popular belief, you want to wait an hour AFTER lifting to take in any post workout nutrition, not immediately afterwords. By taking in food immediately following a strong workout you stop the catabolic processes that need to take place so that you can rebuild new muscle fibers. Stopping this too soon limits your growth.

After that your backloading carbs should be clean.....rice, potatoes, non glutenous grains if you can tolerate them, etc.