Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for lifting, what's the point of diminishing returns? should I overall be pushing to break PR's? Eventually I'm sure there's like an injury point.

Right Now I'm 6'foot 168lbs. I Deadlift 285 8x3. Bench 175 5 x2. Squat 205 8x3.

Will I get more T if I get more Testesterone if I systematically keep adding more to my lifts or am I just frieing my endocrine system with giving it too much of a load?

One thing that sucks for me is I always was hard to put on mass. But I always had a lot of strength for my perceived size. I think I'm a high DHT and medium testosterone kinda guy and hence why I got hit with PFS. Someone called me 'spiderman' because I have deceivingly high strength for my build.

Strange how I'm stronger than ever but my dick is only semi-functional lol.

Was thinking of capping it at Deadlift one rep max at 2.5 my bodyweight. Squats at 2x my bodyweight. And Incline bench at 1.7x of my bodyweight. Is there more to be gained in endocrine benefit if I go for more? Or anything else to be gained?

After I cap it then I was thinking on focusing on cutting as I put a bit excess weight to support the muscle growth.
    Last edited by jacknap; 01-13-2018 at 02:39 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    for lifting, what's the point of diminishing returns? should I overall be pushing to break PR's? Eventually I'm sure there's like an injury point.

Right Now I'm 6'foot 168lbs. I Deadlift 285 8x3. Bench 175 5 x2. Squat 205 8x3.

Will I get more T if I get more Testesterone if I systematically keep adding more to my lifts or am I just frieing my endocrine system with giving it too much of a load?

One thing that sucks for me is I always was hard to put on mass. But I always had a lot of strength for my perceived size. I think I'm a high DHT and medium testosterone kinda guy and hence why I got hit with PFS. Someone called me 'spiderman' because I have deceivingly high strength for my build.

Strange how I'm stronger than ever but my dick is only semi-functional lol.

Was thinking of capping it at Deadlift one rep max at 2.5 my bodyweight. Squats at 2x my bodyweight. And Incline bench at 1.7x of my bodyweight. Is there more to be gained in endocrine benefit if I go for more? Or anything else to be gained?

After I cap it then I was thinking on focusing on cutting as I put a bit excess weight to support the muscle growth.
    In regards to health as it's related to dick function, the limiting issue here, imo, is in the brain. This is why you can be in good physical health and yet still have problems with erectile function. PFS negatively effected parts of the brain, which is where libido actually resides. That being said, a healthy fit body does positively effect the operations of the mind, and it does so in a cumulative way.

With lifting, you can over do it and over tax the nervous system which is obviously not optimal. Personally I only go for max's once...sometimes twice a month on all my lifts. I don't lift to failure everytime I lift. As a general rule of thumb I'll lift to about 75-90% of my max most sessions. This allows you to not only build your muscles, but strengthen your nervous system as well. You'll notice by lifting this way, you'll slowly build upon your max without burn out.

The thing here is, it's going to be different for everyone depending on where they're at in the healing process. Slow and steady progress is always better then going too hard, too soon, which will have the opposite of the desired effect.

I'm not a body builder, per se, so I never did the whole bulking/cutting phases.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 01-13-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alright hopped off cycle today. 44 days total. Was supposed to be 45 but there was 3-4 days I bumped up to 600mg. (Did 400mg for 80% of the days)

best parts

1) first 2 weeks had a really high libido. Like I literally had to fuck something everyday.
    2) down swings shorter
    3) face closer to normal (this fluctuates though)
    4) I weigh 5lbs more than when I crashed but I still am pretty cut, besides the water retention in face I think it helped me put on some lean mass.
    5) new highs in libido and sleep (these are the most stubborn symptoms for me)

bad part

1) did have a nasty down swing just before I got off
    2) extreme lethargy was super hard to get work done... hoping this goes away after start herb cycling.. already feel higher energy now.
    3) 1 sexual failure in about 20 encounters (the girl was weird though so I give myself a hall pass, though pre-crash me could probably fuck a sheep lol).
    Last edited by jacknap; 01-15-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 K8668B's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny you guys are talking about this. Been thinking about it recently. From personal experiences, theres definitely nothing more embarrassing than having an extremely good body, and having weak dick function/ pfs dick. women are always so disappointed, and the whole thing is just frustrating and old. so like cdsnuts says, its definitely something more brain related.

I do alot of my sets and reps to muscular failure though. It doesnt seem to hurt me. Or maybe it is? I like the way it feels.
    Always improve, always evolve, never give up.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    In regards to health as it's related to dick function, the limiting issue here, imo, is in the brain. This is why you can be in good physical health and yet still have problems with erectile function. PFS negatively effected parts of the brain, which is where libido actually resides. That being said, a healthy fit body does positively effect the operations of the mind, and it does so in a cumulative way.

With lifting, you can over do it and over tax the nervous system which is obviously not optimal. Personally I only go for max's once...sometimes twice a month on all my lifts. I don't lift to failure everytime I lift. As a general rule of thumb I'll lift to about 75-90% of my max most sessions. This allows you to not only build your muscles, but strengthen your nervous system as well. You'll notice by lifting this way, you'll slowly build upon your max without burn out.

The thing here is, it's going to be different for everyone depending on where they're at in the healing process. Slow and steady progress is always better then going too hard, too soon, which will have the opposite of the desired effect.

I'm not a body builder, per se, so I never did the whole bulking/cutting phases.
    Too right.

It also helps to avoid mental burnout too.

In the past when I went to max every session pushing to my limits in my compromised state after a few weeks I'd lose the motivation because I just couldn't maintain that kind of intensity. Best to be in the middle and keep steady momentum over a longer period than go all out in bursts only to lose steam quickly and then needing to take break.

Also have to remember I'm not in my twenties anymore and can't go through 3-4 heavy and explosive workouts per week

Established Member Feedback Score 0 K8668B's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont overdo say like 1 rep maxes, but sometimes, i might do a set to failure. like ill do 8 reps, and then try for the 9th but cant get it.

i hit a PR today of weighted dips, 90lbs for 3 reps. it felt great, it didnt burn me out, or fatigue me, etc. i did this at the beginning of my chest/tris workout this morning. im not even sore. i dont even get sore anymore. i dont even get sore from leg training, been doing this for so long. i guess instinctively im doing this the right way. i get out of the gym and feel amazing 95% of the time!!!!

i really dont want to change this.

if i can flat bench say 225 x 9 reps in an all out max effort, would doing anything remotely close to this make my pfs dick worse? would i have to do say 3 sets of 5 reps with 205lbs, just so the workout is super easy, and i dont even come anywhere close to muscular failure? it just doesnt seem right to me.

at 31 in a half years old.. my level seems no different than at age 22. no weaker. i was beast in 2008. i may have actually even slightly surpassed that level that i was at in 2008 by a few %.
    Last edited by K8668B; 01-18-2018 at 04:49 PM.
    Always improve, always evolve, never give up.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K8668B View Post
    i dont overdo say like 1 rep maxes, but sometimes, i might do a set to failure. like ill do 8 reps, and then try for the 9th but cant get it.

i hit a PR today of weighted dips, 90lbs for 3 reps. it felt great, it didnt burn me out, or fatigue me, etc. i did this at the beginning of my chest/tris workout this morning. im not even sore. i dont even get sore anymore. i dont even get sore from leg training, been doing this for so long. i guess instinctively im doing this the right way. i get out of the gym and feel amazing 95% of the time!!!!

i really dont want to change this.

if i can flat bench say 225 x 9 reps in an all out max effort, would doing anything remotely close to this make my pfs dick worse? would i have to do say 3 sets of 5 reps with 205lbs, just so the workout is super easy, and i dont even come anywhere close to muscular failure? it just doesnt seem right to me.

at 31 in a half years old.. my level seems no different than at age 22. no weaker. i was beast in 2008. i may have actually even slightly surpassed that level that i was at in 2008 by a few %.
    You're over thinking it. What you're doing is fine.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you taper off the cycle, or did you do 400mg the last day and then none the following?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump_1776 View Post
    Did you taper off the cycle, or did you do 400mg the last day and then none the following?
    No sense in tapering off. I believe he just stopped and went into PCT. That's typically the best move. These prohormones are not that strong