Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4.5 months off avodart .. scared

Hey there,

I've been off and on avodart for a while now and i'm really panicking, despite the fact that i read up on all the stories before i took the thing.

I started taking avodart/dutasteride in January 2015 - i was on it for about 4 months until i decided to stop as i felt like it wasn't producing any results. Started up again in august of that year, only took 30 tabs before stopping again.

Around the 4-5 month mark after stopping i had huge attacks of anxiety - I read up on all the propeciahelp stuff and just lost it, i was an anxious wreck for at least a month after that.

Other things in life happened and took my attention away, but because i'm apparently a total idiot for some reason I started back on avodart in january 2017!! WHAT WAS I THINKING??

I was only on it for a month this time then decided to stop. But what happened again? In june/july of this year, I again started on the avodart. I must have been on it for 4 days, maybe a week tops then I decided enough. I immediately threw out my remaining supply and swore never again.

I'm coming up to the seemingly infamous 4-5 month mark since stopping and again, i'm an anxious wreck. I'm not experiencing sides like brain fog or testicular pain as some people report, i am however in a constant state of panic over my libido/sexual health.

I can't remember what my sex drive/erection strength and frequency was like before i started taking avodart to make a comparison. Sometimes i feel there might be a change but i can't know for sure.

I'm really freaking out now to the point of obsession, last saturday i had some kind of meltdown and needed to constantly prove and reassure myself that everything was working. I must have jerked off 6 times in the space of about 14 hours, constantly obsessing over whether my erection was hard enough and why, without the physical stimulation, it was going away.

I don't notice regular morning wood, but sometimes wake up with a semi/almost full erection, maybe once or twice a week. This morning i had no morning wood at the point of waking up but started getting a semi after about 5 minutes and a morning stretch.

Another weird thing that i've noticed .. probably not something reported on but i feel like my erect size is bigger than before i was on avodart. It's probably of note that i had anxiety over the size of my penis before avodart but now not so much. Weird?? Now i'm worrying over the hardness of my erections

I can't tell if this is just mental effects but i think im going to get a blood test. It's probably worth mentioning that i am classed as obese (my BMI is 33, i'm working on it at the gym and i'm down almost 8 lbs) and i had ocd/social anxiety problems way before i started taking anything. is there anyone here who has been on avodart before? i have never taken propecia/finasteride - i was only on the avodart.

Sorry for the rambling but i'm pretty scared, i spend a significant portion of my day dealing with regret and wishing i could go back and undo everything.. Please tell me i will be normal again..

Thanks,

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're scared and panicking I know a really good website you could contribute to instead of here: Propeciahelp.
    This is a place for people who are working towards solutions not ones who are looking for constant emotional solace and pampering.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Durantia37's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    Hey there,

I've been off and on avodart for a while now and i'm really panicking, despite the fact that i read up on all the stories before i took the thing.

I started taking avodart/dutasteride in January 2015 - i was on it for about 4 months until i decided to stop as i felt like it wasn't producing any results. Started up again in august of that year, only took 30 tabs before stopping again.

Around the 4-5 month mark after stopping i had huge attacks of anxiety - I read up on all the propeciahelp stuff and just lost it, i was an anxious wreck for at least a month after that.

Other things in life happened and took my attention away, but because i'm apparently a total idiot for some reason I started back on avodart in january 2017!! WHAT WAS I THINKING??

I was only on it for a month this time then decided to stop. But what happened again? In june/july of this year, I again started on the avodart. I must have been on it for 4 days, maybe a week tops then I decided enough. I immediately threw out my remaining supply and swore never again.

I'm coming up to the seemingly infamous 4-5 month mark since stopping and again, i'm an anxious wreck. I'm not experiencing sides like brain fog or testicular pain as some people report, i am however in a constant state of panic over my libido/sexual health.

I can't remember what my sex drive/erection strength and frequency was like before i started taking avodart to make a comparison. Sometimes i feel there might be a change but i can't know for sure.

I'm really freaking out now to the point of obsession, last saturday i had some kind of meltdown and needed to constantly prove and reassure myself that everything was working. I must have jerked off 6 times in the space of about 14 hours, constantly obsessing over whether my erection was hard enough and why, without the physical stimulation, it was going away.

I don't notice regular morning wood, but sometimes wake up with a semi/almost full erection, maybe once or twice a week. This morning i had no morning wood at the point of waking up but started getting a semi after about 5 minutes and a morning stretch.

Another weird thing that i've noticed .. probably not something reported on but i feel like my erect size is bigger than before i was on avodart. It's probably of note that i had anxiety over the size of my penis before avodart but now not so much. Weird?? Now i'm worrying over the hardness of my erections

I can't tell if this is just mental effects but i think im going to get a blood test. It's probably worth mentioning that i am classed as obese (my BMI is 33, i'm working on it at the gym and i'm down almost 8 lbs) and i had ocd/social anxiety problems way before i started taking anything. is there anyone here who has been on avodart before? i have never taken propecia/finasteride - i was only on the avodart.

Sorry for the rambling but i'm pretty scared, i spend a significant portion of my day dealing with regret and wishing i could go back and undo everything.. Please tell me i will be normal again..

Thanks,
    Ignore bizzbee, he likes to start needless drama.

Of course you'll be back to normal. Have you read the stories here? People have been way way more fucked up than what you're describing and made full recoveries and then some.

Do the following: never take a 5ari medication or herb again, and follow the protocol 100% until you're completely normal. That pretty much covers everything.

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response.

Of course I have been to "that forum" before but it's not a good place to be let alone advise anyone to go to. That much is obvious even to me. Additionally I find many people there have side effects (gyno, brain fog, tingling/numbness, digestive problems) that I do not have.

I have been reading through the stickies here, the prohormone suggested might be difficult for me to get hold of as I'm in the UK but I will certainly try, i want to do something asap. I've started my own routine so far which is:

vitamin d3 30,000 iu daily (i strongly suspect a vitamin d deficiency)
    Butein (megabol inh-ar) - supposedly an aromatase inhibitor? i may have wasted my money on this, hope not
    creatine monohydrate - for my dht levels
    citrulline malate - for nitric oxide support
    amino 1000 - bunch of amino acids, mainly just for the l-arginine

I will NEVER touch a 5-ar inhibitor again, that i can guarantee.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzbee View Post
    If you're scared and panicking I know a really good website you could contribute to instead of here: Propeciahelp.
    This is a place for people who are working towards solutions not ones who are looking for constant emotional solace and pampering.
    Really Biz?

Completely uncalled for and quite the dick move. I understand where you're coming from, but this is the guys first post, you shouldn't come at him like that until it's necessary. "Constant emotional solace and pampering?" Where are you getting constant from? He has two posts? You know what constant means, right? How about worrying about your own recovery before berating someone else who is brand new to this place? I'll be the one who determines if it's "constant" or not.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    Thanks for the response.

Of course I have been to "that forum" before but it's not a good place to be let alone advise anyone to go to. That much is obvious even to me. Additionally I find many people there have side effects (gyno, brain fog, tingling/numbness, digestive problems) that I do not have.

I have been reading through the stickies here, the prohormone suggested might be difficult for me to get hold of as I'm in the UK but I will certainly try, i want to do something asap. I've started my own routine so far which is:

vitamin d3 30,000 iu daily (i strongly suspect a vitamin d deficiency)
    Butein (megabol inh-ar) - supposedly an aromatase inhibitor? i may have wasted my money on this, hope not
    creatine monohydrate - for my dht levels
    citrulline malate - for nitric oxide support
    amino 1000 - bunch of amino acids, mainly just for the l-arginine

I will NEVER touch a 5-ar inhibitor again, that i can guarantee.
    Welcome.

Read all of the stickies here.....all of them.

Then read the ENTIRE website. Again, all of it.

We are here to help. Once you go through all of the material feel free to start a thread or use this one to ask questions. But please.....READ everything first. Many of your questions will thoroughly be answered.

You can also go through and read the posts in this section. You will find them extremely helpful. We have alot of good guys here that have been where you are and are not only getting close to recovery, but are willing to help you, as long as you HELP YOURSELF FIRST.

You found the right place. No need to worry. I know that's easier said then done now, but you'll be FINE.....

I'm also going to suggest you stop the aromatase inhibitor for now. You can keep taking the others if you like.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 11-24-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's easy to forget what a mess we all were when we first crashed.

But gotta give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Couldn't have said better than what cd said maself.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where in the uk are you mate?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize for my callous remark. The "constant" came from conflating his posts with all of those posters in the past who constantly I might add expect others to provide them with emotional support and advice like some sort of psychoanalyst on tap. These posters aren't really in the right frame of mind to help themselves out of this terrible mess but they like to drain the time and efforts of others in any case just for some sort of temporary emotional boost, then its back to feeling sorry for themselves and doing very little in the form of actual progress. I'm sorry to the original poster for conflating his posts with the others I just spoke of, I was being a bit too wary and quick to judge. I hope the original poster is nothing like "those".

Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Really Biz?

Completely uncalled for and quite the dick move. I understand where you're coming from, but this is the guys first post, you shouldn't come at him like that until it's necessary. "Constant emotional solace and pampering?" Where are you getting constant from? He has two posts? You know what constant means, right? How about worrying about your own recovery before berating someone else who is brand new to this place? I'll be the one who determines if it's "constant" or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always the one in trouble eh biz 😉