User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bone Loss...Can we recover???

I decided to start this thread as I recently posted my concerns about this in mine. Bone loss, the greatly feared and crazy sounding side-effect. Yes, its out there and I'm now showing very strong signs of this. But, can we recover this?

The answer is...
    Most likely YES!!!

The issue is that the longer we take to get to full recovery might mean further bone loss and it isn't certain how much can be recovered.
    However, there is a TRT study I found of cardiac transplant patients who suffered bone loss after the transplant.
    Apparently, the transplant throws patients into hypogonadism and thus they suffer bone loss.

They were supplemented with IBN and TRT some both, some only one of the two. The most significant bone increase was in men given TRT. Keep in mind most of these men are probably much older than us and yet they regenerated bone mass.
    Remember this is AFTER 5 YEARS of treatment.

Stay positive and don't lose hope. And most importantly, get on the regimen and remember "TIME & CONSISTENCY = RESULTS!" - CD

Testosterone replacement has a substantial benefit on bone mass, fracture incidence, libido, and sexual activities in male cardiac transplant patients: a 5-year randomized prospective controlled trial

Here is another study with similar findings:

http://www.renalandurologynews.com/h...rticle/639492/
    Last edited by Hulk Smash; 12-28-2017 at 01:13 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’ve just answered your own question matey, the bone loss recovers when everything is sorted out, ive already shaken my moon face and im rocking a chisled jawline once again.

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pageidol View Post
    You’ve just answered your own question matey, the bone loss recovers when everything is sorted out, ive already shaken my moon face and im rocking a chisled jawline once again.
    Generally I am not interested in posting on this forum anymore. But since this symptom is close to my heart and not acknowledged by the foundation yet, I want to respond to the above post.

Facial bone loss means that your jaw, chin and cheekbones LOSE bone mass . The top layer of bone is lost and your jaw/cheekbone and chin are smaller and less thick. This results in the face looking smaller and less chiseled.

BONE loss is not what you describe above, i.e. moonface. Moonface is when you gain a lot of fat in your face which hides your bone structure resulting in a less chiseled look. As soon as you lose the facial fat your bone structure can be seen again. Your bone structure has thus not reduced in size but has been hidden under an increased fat layer. All you have described is that you gained fat in your face and then lost it again.

If you have facial bone loss it often goes hand in hand with collagen loss, i.e. with a decrease of facial fat. You lose facial fat/ collagen and bone.

Again fat gain in the face has NOTHING to do with bone loss. Pls dont confuse two totally unrelated symptoms.

If anyone has a legitimate case of facial bone loss (jaw, chin and/or cheekbones), i.e. as described in this post (NOT moonface), pls contact the foundation as they will add it to their symptom list if enough people confirm that the symptom exists (I have discussed this with them this month). Just write an email to Philip Roberts: proberts@pfsfoundation.org. Pls only do this if you are certain that you actually have this symptom.
    Last edited by pvdl.; 12-28-2017 at 05:25 AM.

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pvdl. View Post

Facial bone loss means that your jaw, chin and cheekbones LOSE bone mass . The top layer of bone is lost and your jaw/cheekbone and chin are smaller and less thick. This results in the face looking smaller and less chiseled.

BONE loss is not what you describe above, i.e. moonface. Moonface is when you gain a lot of fat in your face which hides your bone structure resulting in a less chiseled look. As soon as you lose the facial fat your bone structure can be seen again. Your bone structure has thus not reduced in size but has been hidden under an increased fat layer. All you have described is that you gained fat in your face and then lost it again.

If you have facial bone loss it often goes hand in hand with collagen loss, i.e. with a decrease of facial fat. You lose facial fat/ collagen and bone.
    You are confusing facial "bone loss" with facial muscle loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by road to recover View Post
    You are confusing facial "bone loss" with facial muscle loss.
    No i am not. My brother has lost bone mass. I also have lost bone mass in the jaw cheekbones and chin although not quite as dramatically as my brother. Pls dont tell me what I am confusing if you do not have the symptom or know someone who has it. You can also lose muscle I am not disputing that. I am talking about bone mass though.
    Last edited by pvdl.; 12-28-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pvdl. View Post
    No i am not. My brother has lost bone mass. I also have lost bone mass in the jaw cheekbones and chin although not quite as dramatically as my brother. Pls dont tell me what I am confusing if you do not have the symptom or know someone who has it. You can also lose muscle I am not disputing that. I am talking about bone mass though.
    How exactly can you measure this? I do have this symptom as you describe it, but it's loss of facial muscle which makes the face feel thinner, not bone loss.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we surely have muscle loss, some have a mix of both. The only test I know is called BMD (bone mineral density) test. There may be another but I'm not sure of the name.

However, the study I posted above hints at bone loss being a symptom of low Testo, and can be recovered. Oddly enough it is the same areas they measured where I notice thinning/skin-wrinkles of my body and less full feeling overall: neck, back, hips, etc...

The good news is we have a chance to beat this, and I can't wait to see our recovery posts! Get on board Pvdl!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by road to recover View Post
    How exactly can you measure this? I do have this symptom as you describe it, but it's loss of facial muscle which makes the face feel thinner, not bone loss.
    I think there is a scan you can do but it is only helpful if you have a scan before and after the event.

Again its not facial muscle. I know this for 100% because my brother has bone loss. His entire jawline and chin has basically disappeared. This isnt muscle loss, its bone bone loss. I have this as well although not quite as severely as my brother.

YOU! might have muscle loss. I know that my brother and myself have bone loss though. It is obvious when you see an extreme case like my brother. I think you would like us to have muscle loss because it sounds easier to recover muscle versus bone. I believe if we could cure PFS the bone mass would regrow however.

I know for 100% its bone loss. My brother had a very prominent chin and a jawline which has basically disappeared (visually speaking). If you would know my brother you would know that its impossible to explain this transformation without bone loss. We had a sharp pain in our facial bone structure when this happened (coming and going for a couple of months). All of this is bone loss and has nothing to do with muscle loss. Thanks.
    Last edited by pvdl.; 12-29-2017 at 01:58 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I read HGH also affects bone mass.

Also keep in mind a gluten-free diet is key to ensuring proper nutrient absorption, such as calcium and vitamin D.

All part of the regimen.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You settling in here quite nicely pvdl lol 😂