User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:

I finally feel I'm really on the protocol now so I can stop bitchin about pH and fast clinics and actually start documenting what I'm doing.

I'm sticking to the diet well now. No chocolate or gluten for 2 weeks now and to be honest I barely miss it. I try to limit fruit as well I just can't take the sugar for some reason.

No real physical improvements but fuck it, it's early doors.

Mentally I actually feel pretty good. The anxiety I've had for a while now is drying up. My brain is in a kind of siege mentality. It's like being in a swamp, you keep driving forward because if you wallow you sink.

I've also adjusted my gym regime to target my forearms which shrivelled up after pfs.

One thing I do really suck at is meditation. My mind gets fidgety and wanders into bad places whenever I try, this is true if I use holosync, music or silence. Instead I've started reading a lot of books every spare second I get, my brain stays busy, calm and off the internet cesspool.

Either I recover or I go down swinging, but I'm never going to just roll over and give up.

Z

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man, just wanna let you know that you are not bad at meditation. Everyone's mind takes a wander, all you need to do is when you've noticed that it has wandered is return your attention to the breath. Even if that attention only lasts for 3 seconds and wanders again that's completely fine and normal, just do it again. And again and again and again. And most importantly do it without annoyance or frustration because it is what is supposed to happen. Eventually you'll find your mind in more space in between wandering and you'll notice it wander earlier too so you start to spend more time with unfocused attention rather than inattention and this is when it really starts to pay off in your day-to-day life. Keep at it man, it's a skill that needs practice.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coppersocks View Post
    Hey man, just wanna let you know that you are not bad at meditation. Everyone's mind takes a wander, all you need to do is when you've noticed that it has wandered is return your attention to the breath. Even if that attention only lasts for 3 seconds and wanders again that's completely fine and normal, just do it again. And again and again and again. And most importantly do it without annoyance or frustration because it is what is supposed to happen. Eventually you'll find your mind in more space in between wandering and you'll notice it wander earlier too so you start to spend more time with unfocused attention rather than inattention and this is when it really starts to pay off in your day-to-day life. Keep at it man, it's a skill that needs practice.
    Great post.

Yeah....You WANT to have those thoughts and feelings as that is how you get them out and processed. I know exactly what you're talking about. In the beginning, sometimes I would dread the meditation because of the negative feelings that would come up. But here is the trick.....the more you get them to come up, the less they will be there to do so. Negative thoughts and energy are "things" that need to be dealt with just like any other physical thing.

You just have to go into the silent battle expecting this to happen. After awhile, I would get an excited feeling just walking into my meditation spot because of the positive mindset I would get afterwords. Even when you don't feel like doing it....ESPECIALLY if you don't feel like doing it......do it. The more you do it, the better you get.

This is one of the most overlooked aspects of the protocol unfortunately because few guys get the power this has on your overall progress. It might feel like you're not doing much at first, but believe me, you're doing much more then you could ever imagine.

You should also do three to four rounds of breathing prior to meditation. This combination is so powerful.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 02-27-2018 at 05:33 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello All,

I'm getting ready to start the protocol, the first step is cleansing, which is the Juice feast. Two days ago I got a cold, should I start the juice feast though I have a cold?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike26 View Post
    Hello All,

I'm getting ready to start the protocol, the first step is cleansing, which is the Juice feast. Two days ago I got a cold, should I start the juice feast though I have a cold?
    Yes.

You'll get over your cold faster. You're body is already detoxing which is what the "cold" is

Don't let it stop you.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:

Wow 3 weeks since last post? Feels a lot less.

Continuing to improve mentally. A couple of months ago I used to constantly forget the word I was looking for and slur like I was having a stroke. It's pretty rare now and I can actually tell a joke without taking 10 fucking minutes of stammering. I also think I'm moving past adnohemia now (yes it's spelt wrong fuck you grammar nazi fucks). I feel life can be pretty funny now and again!

Also stuck with breathing thanks to CD's and Coppersocks' god tier advice on breathing exercises and it's easier to enter that "Zen as fuck one with the force" state.

Physical news not so great. I've lost more mass in my forearms. Fuck knows why this happens. Also who the fuck cares. My symptoms are identical to Chi's and he got over them. Other stuff is at its same crappy baseline but I imagine your brain needs to fix itself before it can work on the body. I can wait. I can wait as long as it takes.

So as I mentioned in a different post (yeesh my older posts are cringey, you can feel the mindless despair) I'm going to throw in another water fast. In fact I just finished my first day today. I'm going to be working whilst fasting so I think a week is feasible but having read some of the crazy long fasts on r/fasting I actually feel motivated enough to shoot for two. We'll see.

I'm also hoping to get this damn lump removed from my head so I won't give a fuck about going bold and can do an Andro run. Can't think what I'd title the thread yet but I'll think of some dumb shit.

CD I know you're reading this you silent guardian, you watchful protector, you dark knight. I recently read your "Fuck you goodbye *mic drop*" post before you left PH. I had no idea it took you 7 years for full recovery dude. It's inspired me to stick with this for the long run.

Apologies if this update reads kind of retarded. I have a pretty dumbass sense of humour which I lost somewhere along the PFS highway. Happy to say it's easing its way back!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zardoz View Post
    Update:

Continuing to improve mentally. A couple of months ago I used to constantly forget the word I was looking for and slur like I was having a stroke. It's pretty rare now and I can actually tell a joke without taking 10 fucking minutes of stammering. I also think I'm moving past adnohemia now (yes it's spelt wrong fuck you grammar nazi fucks). I feel life can be pretty funny now and again!

Also stuck with breathing thanks to CD's and Coppersocks' god tier advice on breathing exercises and it's easier to enter that "Zen as fuck one with the force" state.

Physical news not so great. I've lost more mass in my forearms. Fuck knows why this happens. Also who the fuck cares. My symptoms are identical to Chi's and he got over them. Other stuff is at its same crappy baseline but I imagine your brain needs to fix itself before it can work on the body. I can wait. I can wait as long as it takes.

So as I mentioned in a different post (yeesh my older posts are cringey, you can feel the mindless despair) I'm going to throw in another water fast. In fact I just finished my first day today. I'm going to be working whilst fasting so I think a week is feasible but having read some of the crazy long fasts on r/fasting I actually feel motivated enough to shoot for two. We'll see.

I'm also hoping to get this damn lump removed from my head so I won't give a fuck about going bold and can do an Andro run. Can't think what I'd title the thread yet but I'll think of some dumb shit.

CD I know you're reading this you silent guardian, you watchful protector, you dark knight. I recently read your "Fuck you goodbye *mic drop*" post before you left PH. I had no idea it took you 7 years for full recovery dude. It's inspired me to stick with this for the long run.

Apologies if this update reads kind of retarded. I have a pretty dumbass sense of humour which I lost somewhere along the PFS highway. Happy to say it's easing its way back!
    The only reason it took me that long to consider myself recovered is that I didn't have a blueprint to follow. I had to just stumble over everything on my own and hoped it worked out, which, it obviously did. That being said, putting everything together for someone who is very bad, they should see drastic recovery within 6mos - 2yrs. Some more, some less. There are always outliers either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very much agreed, this blueprint is priceless, I'm 7 days on the juice fast, I can think better, and I can sleep much better.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike26 View Post
    Very much agreed, this blueprint is priceless, I'm 7 days on the juice fast, I can think better, and I can sleep much better.
    Alot of you newer guys are not that bad off, IMO. That is a great thing. You're getting results fast. This is a great sign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zardoz View Post
    Update:

I see a lot of people here are using R-Andro, but I dont see it listed on the protocol?