User Tag List

Hybrid View

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so new update:

I had to come off juice feast a little early due to non health related reasons I can't be bothered to explain, I made 8 days which is not bad I guess but I'd like to do another longer one at a later date.

Anyway, I moved onto 4 days of keto diet, just leafy greens and meat based on Chi's and English's diets. Felt pretty good but I missed solid fruit a lot so decided to move to paleo and had a few apples today. 10 minutes later I hit the toilet and holy God it was like the entire world was falling out my arse, dude.

So I think I'm pretty sugar sensitive, so maybe one piece of fruit after a meal as a desert substitute but no more than that.

I've also have tried eating some raw garlic before bed and found I slept pretty well for the first time in a while.

This weekend I'm hoping to start the full protocol. Only thing still holding me back is finding a reasonably priced non terrible local gym. I used to travel some distance to my other one but I have a more intense 9 to 5 now and it's a pain in the ass to do after work. Still, bitchin gets you nowhere.

When you hit rock bottom the only way to go is up.

Z

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zardoz View Post
    Okay so new update:

I had to come off juice feast a little early due to non health related reasons I can't be bothered to explain, I made 8 days which is not bad I guess but I'd like to do another longer one at a later date.

Anyway, I moved onto 4 days of keto diet, just leafy greens and meat based on Chi's and English's diets. Felt pretty good but I missed solid fruit a lot so decided to move to paleo and had a few apples today. 10 minutes later I hit the toilet and holy God it was like the entire world was falling out my arse, dude.

So I think I'm pretty sugar sensitive, so maybe one piece of fruit after a meal as a desert substitute but no more than that.

I've also have tried eating some raw garlic before bed and found I slept pretty well for the first time in a while.

This weekend I'm hoping to start the full protocol. Only thing still holding me back is finding a reasonably priced non terrible local gym. I used to travel some distance to my other one but I have a more intense 9 to 5 now and it's a pain in the ass to do after work. Still, bitchin gets you nowhere.

When you hit rock bottom the only way to go is up.

Z
    Eat some fruit on work out days for carb backloading.

Even on paleo or keto you can have blueberries or raspberries which are low carb fruit.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Eat some fruit on work out days for carb backloading.

Even on paleo or keto you can have blueberries or raspberries which are low carb fruit.
    Complex carbs are much better for backloading, fyi. Higher the insulin response, the better
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"